Forums

Topic: The 'Soccer' World Cup...

Posts 121 to 123 of 123

Stevie

Here are some hihlights from the 2006 World Cup to get people in the mood, there were some great goals in this tournement, especially Joe Coles against Sweden.
[youtube:2tr1COa9VIg]

The_Fox

__Stevie wrote:

I was led to believe that there has been a push to make Soccer more popular in America, I saw footage from the MLS final and there appeared to be a large and enthusiastic crowd. I think Machu hit the nail on the head on the issue of Soccer not being popular in the USA, it isn't such a big deal really as in reality it is just a sport, part of the problem is non Americans not being able to comprehend why Football is not popular in America and this is because it is so big in their own country and is a big part of life for a lot of people.

There has been a push to make soccer more popular here. I wouldn't call it that effective of a push, as the following the sport has in this country is due in part to the sizeable immigrant population we have. People are likely to bring the love of the sport for them, and if you live in any area with a large HIspanic population you would see what I mean.

Honestly, most people I talk to here find watching soccer dull as hell, but find it somewhat fun to play. You can take that as you want. I do love the condenscending accusations that people dislike soccer because they don't have the attention span for it.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

theblackdragon

Trin wrote:

Actually this is a thread about American interest in the World Cup, it's far too early for a World Cup discussion thread.

I'm happy to move to another if someone wants to pimp it back to the top of the front page.

Considering I think you've had your say about how you feel about Americans not really watching soccer or keeping up with it as much as the rest of the world, and the fact that I'm done with the condescending attitude you've presented in this thread, I do think it's best if you started another thread for actual World Cup discussion. I apologize to everyone else in this thread, but this one is over.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.