Forums

Topic: NL Community E3 2014 Thread

Posts 41 to 56 of 56

Mikky

MuchoMochi wrote:

I'm hoping Nintendo actually shows up this time and gives a strong presentation. They need to get off their bums and show us they still got what it takes to sell a system with a great library filled with their great characters. Some new characters would be great too

So what you're saying is:

They better drop some bombs.

Mikky

Gamecubed

I feel like if they're going to show off Zelda Wii U, they need to have a big venue full of people.... remember the Twilight Princess reveal that can still make the hair stand up on your neck? That's what they need. It'll create a lot of hype.

So I'm thinking they will show up and they will have a conference this time around. If they don't... I won't know what to think.

Gamecubed

Mikky

Gamecubed wrote:

I feel like if they're going to show off Zelda Wii U, they need to have a big venue full of people.... remember the Twilight Princess reveal that can still make the hair stand up on your neck? That's what they need. It'll create a lot of hype.

So I'm thinking they will show up and they will have a conference this time around. If they don't... I won't know what to think.

I'm hoping for a conference, too. It's awesome to see everyone's reactions.

Mikky

Lindemannade

Mikky wrote:

Gamecubed wrote:

Yeah I'm a big fan of Nintendo Directs generally but I really hope they show up this year. It made sense for them to avoid the next-gen melee last year but they could do with a big show this year.

Come oooon new F-Zero and Star Fox (I don't have any of the new 3 consoles yet but Nintendo have the potential to reveal a lot more that could tempt me than the other two, so I'm hoping for a good show).

Mikky

Lindemannade wrote:

Mikky wrote:

Gamecubed wrote:

Yeah I'm a big fan of Nintendo Directs generally but I really hope they show up this year. It made sense for them to avoid the next-gen melee last year but they could do with a big show this year.

Come oooon new F-Zero and Star Fox (I don't have any of the new 3 consoles yet but Nintendo have the potential to reveal a lot more that could tempt me than the other two, so I'm hoping for a good show).

I've never actually played an F-Zero or StarFox game. F-Zero GX looks very cool, though, so an F-Zero on Wii U would get me pretty excited.

Edited on by Mikky

Mikky

Mikky

Bumping with a prediction again. I'm expecting a lot of eShop mini-games to be revealed. I think we'll see the official reveal of that Mario vs. Donkey Kong thing. It seemed a lot more than a mere tech demo.

Mikky

Mikky

Mikky wrote:

Bumping with a prediction again. I'm expecting a lot of eShop mini-games to be revealed. I think we'll see the official reveal of that Mario vs. Donkey Kong thing. It seemed a lot more than a mere tech demo.

Never mind about the Mario vs. Donkey Kong thing. Nintendo has said that it is not planned to become a full game. I still think we'll see a lot of eShop mini-games, though.

Mikky

Mikky

Quadruple-post! You guys are killing me! Surely, you have at least ONE prediction!

To add to my list of predictions:
It wouldn't be too surprising to see Devil's Third be announced exclusively for Wii U. It's probably that rumored third-party exclusive.

Edited on by Mikky

Mikky

MikeLove

I'm expecting a BIG showing from them. They need to compete with the PS4/Xbox from now on.

We haven't really heard much about new Wii-U games the past year (other than Hyrule Warriors) so that either means they are going to announce/show off a good bunch of new titles, or they really don't have anything upcoming....

We will see the new Zelda-U title for sure, but beyond that, I have no idea what else we will see that we don't already at least know about like Yarn Yoshi, SMT vs FE, etc..

Hopefully there is a 2D Metroid coming for either the 3DS or Wii-U though, and maybe some old Konami and Capcom franchises being reborn on Nintendo consoles.

MikeLove

Blast

There's actually alotta stuff Nintendo needs to announce for 3DS and Wii U at E3 this year. that could instantly spark hype and excitement from many people
I'm sure there's gonna be some surprises.
I just REALLY hope they are working on a legit Pokemon game for Wii U and a JRPG style of Mas Effect.
Hopefully Miyamoto's new IP is insanely awesome.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Mikky

Blast wrote:

There's actually alotta stuff Nintendo needs to announce for 3DS and Wii U at E3 this year. that could instantly spark hype and excitement from many people
I'm sure there's gonna be some surprises.
I just REALLY hope they are working on a legit Pokemon game for Wii U and a JRPG style of Mas Effect.
Hopefully Miyamoto's new IP is insanely awesome.

I wonder if that S.T.E.A.M. thing is his new IP...

Mikky

RR529

Alright, it's only two months away, so I suppose I could speculate

General:

• Final Smash trailer, with more character reveals.

Wii U:

• Smash release date.
  • Bayonetta 2 release date (trailer)
  • Hyrule Warriors release date (trailer)
  • X trailer (release window)
  • FE X SMT trailer (release window)
  • Something Mario (there's always something Mario)
  • A surprise (I'm guessing something Zelda U, but could be anything)

3DS:

• Smash release date.
  • Something Pokémon related (there's always a boxed handheld Pokémon game each year, and we have nothing yet. Either the lid on the "detective Pikachu" game will be lifted, or the "followup" to X/Y).
  • Something "core" (Could be anything, but most likely 3D Land 2, Metroid, or Majora's Mask 3D)
  • Something sports or minigame focused (Warioware if 3D Land 2 is the "core" game, a Mario sports game if not. Whatever the case, Mario will show up in some form).
  • Daigasso Band Brothers P localization (I know the series has never came westward, but after the Tamodachi Life announcement, I'm willing to believe anything).

I know there's some bold 3DS predictions there, but with Smash hitting earlier than expected, they currently have nothing lined up for the Fall & Christmas seasons (or the beginning of next year, for that matter), so I find it hard to believe there won't be at least 3 announcements for the system.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

LzWinky

RR529 wrote:

Alright, it's only two months away, so I suppose I could speculate

General:

• Final Smash trailer, with more character reveals.

Wii U:

• Smash release date.
  • Bayonetta 2 release date (trailer)
  • Hyrule Warriors release date (trailer)
  • X trailer (release window)
  • FE X SMT trailer (release window)
  • Something Mario (there's always something Mario)
  • A surprise (I'm guessing something Zelda U, but could be anything)

3DS:

• Smash release date.
  • Something Pokémon related (there's always a boxed handheld Pokémon game each year, and we have nothing yet. Either the lid on the "detective Pikachu" game will be lifted, or the "followup" to X/Y).
  • Something "core" (Could be anything, but most likely 3D Land 2, Metroid, or Majora's Mask 3D)
  • Something sports or minigame focused (Warioware if 3D Land 2 is the "core" game, a Mario sports game if not. Whatever the case, Mario will show up in some form).
  • Daigasso Band Brothers P localization (I know the series has never came westward, but after the Tamodachi Life announcement, I'm willing to believe anything).

I know there's some bold 3DS predictions there, but with Smash hitting earlier than expected, they currently have nothing lined up for the Fall & Christmas seasons (or the beginning of next year, for that matter), so I find it hard to believe there won't be at least 3 announcements for the system.

I don't consider Zelda U a surprise announcement since Nintendo confirmed they'll be showing it at e3.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Mikky

I think they'll announce that they are unifying account systems.

Edited on by Mikky

Mikky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.