Forums

Topic: NL Community E3 2014 Thread

Posts 1 to 20 of 56

Mikky

It's never too early for hype. What are your predictions for Nintendo's E3 2014? As of right now, my guesses for new announcements are:

Zelda U (Duh)
Paper Mario U
Metroid U
Miyamoto's New IP

There will probably be more new announcements, but right now, it is difficult to predict what they may be.

I also expect new information regarding the Fire Emblem X SMT game and Yarn Yoshi. Also, I expect more information from the more well-known games: Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, and Smash Bros.

As for Monolith Soft's "X," there will likely be more information in a Direct prior to E3.

Edited on by Mikky

Mikky

Gamer83

LOL, I was going to ask 'already?' but I guess you're right, the year is almost over and it's never too soon to start looking ahead especially now that we're heading into the first year with PS4, X1 and the U all on the shelves.
Sony:
Will show off Uncharted 4 and I'm thinking Santa Monica's new game which is said to be a new IP. I also hope to get a look at the game Guerilla is said to be working on that isn't set in the Killzone universe. Really not many first party games have been announced but Sony says they're being worked on so hopefully we'll get at least a first look at a fair few of them. I also expect some big third party announcements and think Sony will really hype the hell out of Destiny, which imo, does look awesome.

Nintendo:
I expect to see a new Zelda shown off and hope we'll see at least 2 of Metroid, Star Fox, Wave Race, Punch-Out!! and F-Zero.

MS:
Halo 5 will almost certainly have a big presence and eventhough I don't plan on getting an X1 for a long while, I'd be lying if I said I'm not hyped up for that game. Halo still is my favorite franchise and I liked where they were going with the story in 4. Barring a surprise move by Sony opening it's checkbook, I suspect the next Call of Duty will open the show and they'll announced 1-month early access to the DLC. Just like Sony will have some big third party announcements, so will MS.

If neither game is unveiled by E3, I hope SquareEnix holds an event with United Front Games and Crystal Dynamics there to reveal already announced Sleeping Dogs 2 and the next Tomb Raider.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Blast

.... I feel like starting a "The Official E3 2015 Thread" to see people's reactions XD

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Mikky

Gamer83 wrote:

LOL, I was going to ask 'already?' but I guess you're right, the year is almost over and it's never too soon to start looking ahead especially now that we're heading into the first year with PS4, X1 and the U all on the shelves.

I also thought it would be cool to compare what actually happened at E3 with what we thought would happen many months prior.

Mikky

Gamer83

Mikky wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

I also thought it would be cool to compare what actually happened at E3 with what we thought would happen many months prior.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to look back.

Gamer83

Jaz007

I don't think anyone but staff can make an official thread, so you should probably make it unofficial.

Jaz007

Mikky

Jaz007 wrote:

I don't think anyone but staff can make an official thread, so you should probably make it unofficial.

By making this thread "official," I meant to make it the main hub for discussion regarding E3 2014.

Edited on by Mikky

Mikky

AlexSays

Jaz007 wrote:

Official/unofficial designations have always been a lost cause on this site.

As for my prediction: I predict a lot of disappointment and then people rationalizing their company's performance by saying 'oh well it doesn't matter because E3 isn't what it used to be' as if that means anything.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Mikky

AlexSays wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

As for my prediction: I predict a lot of disappointment and then people rationalizing their company's performance by saying 'oh well it doesn't matter because E3 isn't what it used to be' as if that means anything.

There's always disappointment when it comes to E3. That's a given. The trick is to keep your expectations mild. Nevertheless, it's still the most exciting time of the year.

Edited on by Mikky

Mikky

LzWinky

AlexSays wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

May you forever be disappointed by the lack of disappointment

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AlexSays

That's not exactly a trick, that would be the common sense thing to do.

DarkwingLz wrote:

May you forever be disappointed by the lack of disappointment

Don't worry I'm already disappointed by my disappointment. Tis a disappointing paradigm. : (

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

mystman12

If Nintendo doesn't announce it earlier, then I'll predict a Kirby Air Ride sequel. The Rosalina joins the battle trailer gave me a tiny amount of hope that it's possible. A very tiny amount. I also think we'll definitely see a new Zelda, Metroid, and of course Smash Bros. Iwata's New IP could definitely be revealed, too. (Could it be, Wii U City? KAR's City Trial mode with Miis? Do I like City Trial too much? Is reading these questions just a waste of time?)

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

MAB

I predict more predictions from every gamers favourite analyst

Untitled

MAB

Mikky

I went ahead and changed the title of this thread from "The Official E3 2014 Thread" to "NL Community E3 2014 Thread."

@Jaz007 You were right. Staff was not happy with the "Official" in the title.

@AlexSays I agree with that. At this point, it should be common sense.

Edited on by Mikky

Mikky

Mikky

mystman12 wrote:

If Nintendo doesn't announce it earlier, then I'll predict a Kirby Air Ride sequel. The Rosalina joins the battle trailer gave me a tiny amount of hope that it's possible. A very tiny amount. I also think we'll definitely see a new Zelda, Metroid, and of course Smash Bros. Iwata's New IP could definitely be revealed, too. (Could it be, Wii U City? KAR's City Trial mode with Miis? Do I like City Trial too much? Is reading these questions just a waste of time?)

It was definitely reassuring to see Nintendo acknowledge Kirby's Air Ride.

Mikky

Mikky

...Bump.

Mikky

sinalefa

The only Zelda I expect to see will be Hyrule Warriors. It may sound odd but I think it is too soon for Zelda U.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

Mikky

sinalefa wrote:

The only Zelda I expect to see will be Hyrule Warriors. It may sound odd but I think it is too soon for Zelda U.

Anouma said that Zelda U will be shown off at E3 2014, so we're in luck.

Mikky

OdnetninAges

I wonder if there will be Best Buy demo stations again. I really liked those. The only problem is that there was only one Wii U, and huge lines...

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.