Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 138

MegaStoneSmash91

It may seem redundant, but I'd like to see 4 different Links in the next SSB. The Link from SSBM, the Link from SSBB, Young Link from SSBM, and Toon Link from SSBB. Some people may say that it's a stupid idea and there doesn't need to be that many variations of the same basic character, but it would be cool to say the least. If not that, then at least have different costumes for Link and Young Link to create this kind of effect. Plus, I've always wanted a Majora's Mask costume for Young Link (the way he looked in that game, with the Hero's Shield and such) and a Fierce Deity costume for Link. Also, Dr. Mario, Roy, and Mewtwo should be brought back as well as more stages from SSB64 and Melee (Mega Man should also join the fighting). It would also be really neat to see a costume creator (that doesn't require hacking) so you can further personalize your character. Want to see Snake dressed in pink? Or have a new tunic color for Link? No problem, just create it yourself. The Stage builder should be brought back as well, but with far more options, such as more different sizes for pieces, different color choices, and the ability to manipulate the terrain any way you want. The online play should also be severely overhauled for a far better experience with less lag and fewer connection problems.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

ItsFuzzyPickles

MegaStoneSmasher91 wrote:

The online play should also be severely overhauled for a far better experience with less lag and fewer connection problems.

In total agreement with this. It needs those things you suggested, plus a hell of a lot more feature packed into it to make it a great online system. With the shape of the 3DS's online, I think we could have a good experience with the fourth game next gen.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Hokori

I think It would be cool if you could unlock characters as Free DLC and all you have to do is a certain task to play as them

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

LordJumpMad

Super Smash Bros. Fan1999 wrote:

MegaStoneSmasher91 wrote:

The online play should also be severely overhauled for a far better experience with less lag and fewer connection problems.

In total agreement with this. It needs those things you suggested, plus a hell of a lot more feature packed into it to make it a great online system.

This is all I care about.
Make Brawl with an Better Onlineplay.

No More Waiting 10mins for a Match.
No More Basic Brawl.
No More Pokeballz fest on Temple

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

MetalMario

DLC for Smash Bros. would be epic.

Too bad it'll never happen.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

ItsFuzzyPickles

MetalMario wrote:

I wouldn't say it's that far out of reach, especially with the promised much improved online next gen.

Regardless, it would certainly be epic.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

hylianhalcyon

Include Yarn Kirby and Commander Video.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988

triforceofcourage

has a super smash bros 4 even been anounced for anything yet? I think it should come to 3DS with ds download play so the other person doesn't need the game.

monster hunter tri: name: hakota HR 140+ / flipy HR 1 On: every other dayish.
Current games: MHT, Kirbys Epic Yarn, SMG2, SSFIV.
3DS friend code: 3823 - 8517 - 3969
Wishlist: OoT3D, Mariokart3D, Kid icarus 3D, LoZ Skyward sword, and (in my imagination) Monster Hunter 3D.

Faildude

MetalMario wrote:

How the hell is DLC epic?
Do you honestly like paying for stuff that should already be available at the release of the game?
Even worse, do you like to pay for stuff that's already on the disc (Bioshock 2) /in the file (Megaman 10) but the makers wanna cash in so you have to pay in order to unlock it?
DLC is just a honorless confidence trick. When will you people understand?

When I wanna play a game 10 years from now, am I still going to have the same Wii, the same Xbox Live account or the same Playstation Network account? Are the servers that distribute the DLC still gonna be active so I can actually redownload the DLC I paid for? Are the databases still going to have the entry that says "'X paid for the DLC, therefor X is allowed download the DLC.'"?

When I buy a game, I want to get the full experience.
If they want to charge five more dollars for a few more levels, they should put them on the damn disc and sell the game for five more dollars.

Signature removed by the moderation team - In case of any further violations you will face serious consequences.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Faildude wrote:

Do you honestly like paying for stuff that should already be available at the release of the game?
Even worse, do you like to pay for stuff that's already on the disc (Bioshock 2) /in the file (Megaman 10) but the makers wanna cash in so you have to pay in order to unlock it?

When I wanna play a game 10 years from now, am I still going to have the same Wii, the same Xbox Live account or the same Playstation Network account? Are the servers that distribute the DLC still gonna be active so I can actually redownload the DLC I paid for? Are the databases still going to have the entry that says "'X paid for the DLC, therefor X is allowed download the DLC.'"?

If they want to charge five more dollars for a few more levels, they should put them on the damn disc and sell the game for five more dollars.

DLC's aren't always just minor additions, they can be major additions to the game that many people will download. DLC should be added because of two reasons:

1. Super Smash Bros. 4 may not receive all the contents we/the developer of said game want to pack inside either due to the constraint that the console might have that could prevent it or not being able to make enough time to include the feature. DLC provides developers the oppertunity to add everything that they want to include in the game to keep interest going as long as possible.

2. Licensing issues that prevented a franchise from joining Super Smash Bros. 4 can potentially be added on later on. So that means that your said most requested character can still have a chance at joining the fray.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Faildude

Super Smash Bros. Fan1999 wrote:

Faildude wrote:

DLC's aren't always just minor additions, they can be major additions to the game that many people will download. DLC should be added because of two reasons:

1. Super Smash Bros. 4 may not receive all the contents we/the developer of said game want to pack inside either due to the constraint that the console might have that could prevent it or not being able to make enough time to include the feature. DLC provides developers the oppertunity to add everything that they want to include in the game to keep interest going as long as possible.

2. Licensing issues that prevented a franchise from joining Super Smash Bros. 4 can potentially be added on later on. So that means that your said most requested character can still have a chance at joining the fray.

Wow, I'm already looking forward to the Super Smash Bros. game that only has Mario and every other character will be obtainable through DLC. (paid DLC, of course)
You don't seem to understand my point. You think it would be okay to go out and sell a disc with nothing on it except for an engine that can download DLC and be modified through the DLC?
The rest of the "game" is gonna be released over the course of a year, and as you could have already guessed, you have to pay for each expansion. The excuse of the developer for this would then of course be: "Sorry, we didn't have enough time to actually make a game due to budget restrictions but we were able to make a fancy DLC updater in the time of the development."

If a developer doesn't have enough time to put in the said content, there are only 3 acceptable options to me:
a) Postpone the release of the game
b) Don't offer the said content at all
c) Release the said content as free DLC (postponing the game to implement the content would be my preferred option though)

The one point you made about the console restrictions didn't make any sense at all. Are you implying that if for example the Wii can't render HD graphics, DLC will magically allow it to do so?

One more thing, I know NintendoLife hates correct spelling, (else they wouldn't delete my posts where I encourage people to spell things properly as a side note) but could you please proofread your posts before posting them? That would spare me a lot of time encrypting them and finding out what you actually want to say.

Signature removed by the moderation team - In case of any further violations you will face serious consequences.

Kingbuilder

Bring back Roy, include Paper Mario, remove Pokemon Trainer and Lucario, fix the floaty physics, make collecting the characters and trophies more challenging, and focus more on gameplay than unlockables. Then, and only then, would I put the next Smash Bros. as my favorite fighting game.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

GoldAero

MetalMario wrote:

ROY WAS AWESOME!

But Pichu sucked. I mean, it hurt itself almost every move!

In my opinion Pichu did stink at fighting a little bit but I have an idea on variations. Pichu-Takes away percentage with every successful hit. Low damage.Pikachu-Moderate attack with no sacrificial percentage gain. (just an idea) Raichu-Percentage gain whilst attacking, but has high damage. It's just my opinion though so don't start dissing me for ideas.

(He says hopefully)

turtlelink

Pichu was epic. Who cares about damage, it can still whoop butt. You can hit someone with 2 fully charged headbutts and its over.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

GoldAero

turtlelink wrote:

Pichu was epic. Who cares about damage, it can still whoop butt. You can hit someone with 2 fully charged headbutts and its over.

I guess that's actually a pretty good point but it still would be pretty helpful for weaker a player that takes away percentage.

Edited on by GoldAero

(He says hopefully)

Dynamo68

Limelight_788 wrote:

PhoenixSage wrote:

As long as one single Golden Sun character gets in playable, I'll be sitting pretty on cloud nine. So you get +100,000,000 bonus points for putting him on your list.

As for me, my character roster is this:
Untitled

Yes, I did put four Golden Sun characters (five, if you count Isaac's swapout with Felix). Sue me.

I'll come back later to flesh it out; I've gotta be on my way for now.

1st Row: Perfect
2nd Row: Other then Funky Kong, great list
3rd Row: It's great too, althought you're missing Toon Link.
4th Row: Perfect too.
5th Row: I would suggest adding a 4th Kirby character, but it's excellent still.
6th Row: Perfect
7th Row: No complaints
8th Row: Other then Mike (Which I disapprove of.), great list.
9th Row: Saki could work, but no to Andy and KK Rider. So-so
10th Row: It sucks big time. Only Issac should get in.
11th Row: You end the roster in a perfect note.

Very good character roster, I give it an 81/100. You have a few kins that needs to be worked out, but it gets the job done.

Knuckle Joe would make a good 4th Kirby character.

Dynamo68

Sakeraf

i say SSB should allow ONLY one character per 3rd-party-company. (except for Geno since hes technically SquereEnix..)

I am the REAL fierce deity!

RoyalBlur

To have Super Smash Brothers on the Nintendo 3DS would be nice enough!

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

multiplayermadness93

i would like ssb3d where the final smashs come out of the screen in you face

multiplayermadness93

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.