General Discussion Forum

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best Final Boss Theme (Second Round)

Showing 921 to 940 of 2,910

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

921. Posted:

1. Final Fantasy VII - Bombing Mission
I wouldn't count an overworld theme as a level theme so I'm not voting for any overworld/world map themes. I think it would have been pretty cool to have a overworld/world map theme tournament but I guess that won't be happening now. Both songs are very good though, I'm not sure which is better.

2. Super Mario Sunshine - Bianco Hills
Bianco Hills is nothing special but that was a pretty bad remix of one of my favourite Sonic songs. If it was the original I would have voted for Green Hill Zone

3. Sonic and the Black Knight - Misty Lake
Escape Hero is pretty goof but Misty Lake is a fantastic song and easily the best song out of these match-ups.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Emaan

922. Posted:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Seriously? SML2 song is not good. Nothing compared to the original Super Mario Land's level one theme!

It'd be lovely if you just voted and let other people vote :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Void

923. Posted:

1. Final Fantasy VII: Bombing Mission, I had to flip a coin for this one.

2.Super Mario Sunshine - Bianco Hills, the remix of Green Hill zone just didn't appeal to me too much.

3. Dynamite Headdy - Escape Hero, this one certainly impressed me, having not heard of the game or the track, I didn't know what to expect, but I can say it was pretty good.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage

whiteyoshi

924. Posted:

But final fantasy is way better than SML2

@Emaan and luigiman

Edited on by whiteyoshi

Hey everyone my fc is 2664-2647-6884. Add me please!
My online games are Mariokart7, Mario Tenis Open, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

925. Posted:

@FonistofCruxis
Actually the Super Mario Land theme is both the Overworld theme and the Athletic theme. I forgot to put that there as well.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

whiteyoshi

926. Posted:

Can't wait till next tournament!!!!!! :)

My online games are Mariokart7, Mario Tenis Open, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

AuthorMessage

whiteyoshi

927. Posted:

@CapnPancakes don't you agree with hawkeyewii's last post

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

928. Posted:

Really wish there was a way to make sure people actually listened to the songs. They tournaments just come down to which game/series is more well known..

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

whiteyoshi

929. Posted:

He's right! If there was a game that was known for gameplay and not the song. Then there is a game that has the best song but nobody knows it. What do you think they're going to choose?

AuthorMessage

Squid

930. Posted:

1. Final Fantasy VII
2 Sonic Generations (oh please get far)
3. Dynamite Headdy (the Sonic Black Knight song isn't that bad, but I swear I feel a pain in my chest when I start to type it in)

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

Link-Hero

931. Posted:

@HawkeyeWii

I never played SML2 or Final Fantasy VII, and I liked the SML2 music better. The Final Fantasy VII while good, didn't care for it as much. It was the same for the last round with DKC Returns and Turok 2. DKCR just sounded better to me.

While I agree that the SML1 1st level music is much better, but the one in SML2 still sounds good as well. No need to call it bad as if it is a fact. There is a thing called opinions you know.

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

932. Posted:

Final Fantasy VII
Super Mario Sunshine
Dynamite Headdy

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

933. Posted:

The SML2 Overworld theme
Bianco Hills
Escape Hero!

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

whiteyoshi

934. Posted:

@happy_mask do u play xenoblade?!?

AuthorMessage

Emaan

935. Posted:

@whiteyoshi, I'm going to respectfully ask that you try and keep the side talk at a minimum. Some people, like myself check notifications quite religiously, and I look forward to seeing everyone's individual votes- only to see something completely irrelevant posted. I don't want to sound rude, but this isn't really a thread for random talk. We have plenty of other threads for that :3

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

936. Posted:

@Hawkeye
I appreciate that you want this to be fair and unbiased, but this whole tournament is just for fun. I'm not giving money or prizes to the people who win, it's not a popularity contest, it's just to have fun and enjoy the music. We've already made it through two previous tournaments without any problems so just chill out an enjoy what YOU enjoy.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

937. Posted:

The last one was the only difficult one IMO.

1. Final Fantasy VII
2. Sonic Generations
3. Dynamite Heady

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Karakato

938. Posted:

1. Final Fantasy VII - Bombing Mission I thought the SML2 theme was a bit simplistic though catchy so I'll go with FF7.
2. Sonic Generations - Green Hills Zone (Modern) I liked how Generations remixed the original genesis track even if it was far from perfect, at least it wasn't ho-hum like the sunshine track.
3. Dynamite Heady - Escape Hero Tough choice, Sonic atBK's theme is epically dramatic while Dynamite Heady has that energetic and really gets you in the mood. I had to go with DH since it fits perfectly for a first stage.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

939. Posted:

More people need to vote for these!

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

940. Posted:

Has everyone done their votes? I notice a couple of regular voters missing.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200