Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Farewell

Posts 901 to 920 of 2,988

ThePirateCaptain

Bombing Mission wins 13-11
Green Hill Zone (Modern) wins 13-11
Misty Lake wins 14-10

There was some pretty stiff competition that round, and I don't see it slowing down anytime soon either.
Here is a link to the current bracket

1) Cave Story - Gestation vs. Super Mario Land - Overworld

2) Fire Emblem - Wind Across the Plains vs. Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse - Beginning

3) Super Mario 3D Land - Overworld vs. Fire Emblem: Awakening - Prelude

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

KarrotMan

1) Super Mario Land - Overworld Tough choice, I really wanted either to go far since both have memorable tracks. I'd give the edge to SML for the sole purpose that it just puts a smile to my face every time I hear it, it just has that "innocent charm".

2) Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse - Beginning I loved the Vampire Killer theme from the original but I find this to be even better. Though I can't deny that FE's track conveyed a sense of adventure pretty well.

3) Fire Emblem: Awakening - Prelude Mario 3D Land's theme is fun, but FE:A's track is just engaging. Maybe it's because the track is fully orchestrated but so is Mario Galaxy and we all loved that. The song itself feels as if you're about to embark in a grand journey.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Geonjaha

1) Super Mario Land - Overworld (The Cave Story+ remix might of stood a chance here)
2) Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse - Beginning
3) Super Mario 3D Land - Overworld

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Void

1) Cave Story - Gestation, I found the Mario track kinda meh, and I really liked the Cave Story song.
2) Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse - Beginning, I like the Fire Emblem track, but I just find this one really awesome.
3) Fire Emblem: Awakening - Prelude, SM3DL song is catchy, but I just like the feel of Prelude much more.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

New_3DaSh_XL

1. Super Mario Land - Overworld
2. Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse - Beginning
3. Fire Emblem Awakening - Prelude

Prelude is just awesome, and hopefully it makes it to one of the final rounds. Prelude really got me excited about the game when I played the demo, something I was surprised about, and was one of the reasons I got the game. 3DL was ok, but Prelude... just, wow.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

1) Super Mario Land
Absolutely love this theme! One of the best Super Mario 1st level themes ever!
2) Castlevania lll
CVlll is way better!
3) Super Mario 3D Land
That was an easy choice! Taht prelude was very boring and repetitive. Never got much action or feel to it.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

e-love

I didn't care much for the Cave Story theme, but this classic Game Boy theme is so catchy and happy-sounding, I love it :3

2. Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse - Beginning
At first I really loved the Fire Emblem theme, but this NES tune is pure mastery.

3. Fire Emblem: Awakening - Prelude
I have to say, the 3D Land theme is really great. However, the Fire Emblem: Awakening first level theme really pulled me in to the game, it's just very adventurous and calming at the same time.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

FriedSquid

2. Castlevania III - Beginning
3. Hmmm... hard to decide. But I'll go with Fire Emblem: Awakening - Prelude. The game has fantastic music besides that one song, it deserves to go a little further.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

whiteyoshi

1) super mario land
2) castlevania
3) super mario 3D land

Hey everyone my fc is 2664-2647-6884. Add me please!
My online games are Mariokart7, Mario Tenis Open, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

ThePirateCaptain

This song brings back great memories of my childhood, though I am a bug fan of Cave Story's soundtrack as well.

2. Fire Emblem - Wind Across the Plains
Maybe this just appeals to me more since I beat the game recently, but it's a good song.

3. Super Mario 3D Land - Overworld
I just love the jazzy feel to this song and I like the instruments they used.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

TysonOfTime

Link-Hero wrote:

1) Super Mario Land - Overworld
2) Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse - Beginning
3) Super Mario 3D Land - Overworld

This.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

HawkeyeWii

Man more people really need to vote for this stuff!

Twitter:

Void

Come on, 12 people (so far.) isn't that bad of a turn out, and there is still plenty of time left for this set of voting.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

HawkeyeWii

^^^Yeah I know more people need to vote

Twitter:

Jeremyx7

1.) Cave Story: Gestation - Gestation has more going on compared to Super Mario Land short looping over world theme.
2.) Castlevania III: Beginning - I like both themes overall but this seemed a bit more interesting after listening to both for a good while.
3.) Fire Emblem Awakening: Prelude - Super Mario 3D Land is a great tune but in terms of overall range of sound dynamics and wonderful music Fire Emblem Prelude excels between the two.

Edited on by Jeremyx7

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

Happy_Mask

Super Mario Land
Winds across the plains( Castlevania III's first level theme is the only one I dislike from the series. If it was the one from II or I, then I'd go with that. )
Super Mario 3d Land. Awakening was the only one I felt the music was meh, except for a few tracks.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.