Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Farewell

Posts 881 to 900 of 2,988

Void

1. Final Fantasy VII: Bombing Mission, I had to flip a coin for this one.

2.Super Mario Sunshine - Bianco Hills, the remix of Green Hill zone just didn't appeal to me too much.

3. Dynamite Headdy - Escape Hero, this one certainly impressed me, having not heard of the game or the track, I didn't know what to expect, but I can say it was pretty good.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

whiteyoshi

But final fantasy is way better than SML2

@Emaan and luigiman

Edited on by whiteyoshi

Hey everyone my fc is 2664-2647-6884. Add me please!
My online games are Mariokart7, Mario Tenis Open, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

ThePirateCaptain

@FonistofCruxis
Actually the Super Mario Land theme is both the Overworld theme and the Athletic theme. I forgot to put that there as well.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

whiteyoshi

Can't wait till next tournament!!!!!!

My online games are Mariokart7, Mario Tenis Open, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

whiteyoshi

@CapnPancakes don't you agree with hawkeyewii's last post

HawkeyeWii

Really wish there was a way to make sure people actually listened to the songs. They tournaments just come down to which game/series is more well known..

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

whiteyoshi

He's right! If there was a game that was known for gameplay and not the song. Then there is a game that has the best song but nobody knows it. What do you think they're going to choose?

FriedSquid

1. Final Fantasy VII
2 Sonic Generations (oh please get far)
3. Dynamite Headdy (the Sonic Black Knight song isn't that bad, but I swear I feel a pain in my chest when I start to type it in)

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Happy_Mask

The SML2 Overworld theme
Bianco Hills
Escape Hero!

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

whiteyoshi

@happy_mask do u play xenoblade?!?

e-love

@whiteyoshi, I'm going to respectfully ask that you try and keep the side talk at a minimum. Some people, like myself check notifications quite religiously, and I look forward to seeing everyone's individual votes- only to see something completely irrelevant posted. I don't want to sound rude, but this isn't really a thread for random talk. We have plenty of other threads for that :3

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

ThePirateCaptain

@Hawkeye
I appreciate that you want this to be fair and unbiased, but this whole tournament is just for fun. I'm not giving money or prizes to the people who win, it's not a popularity contest, it's just to have fun and enjoy the music. We've already made it through two previous tournaments without any problems so just chill out an enjoy what YOU enjoy.

ThePirateCaptain

TysonOfTime

The last one was the only difficult one IMO.

1. Final Fantasy VII
2. Sonic Generations
3. Dynamite Heady

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

KarrotMan

1. Final Fantasy VII - Bombing Mission I thought the SML2 theme was a bit simplistic though catchy so I'll go with FF7.
2. Sonic Generations - Green Hills Zone (Modern) I liked how Generations remixed the original genesis track even if it was far from perfect, at least it wasn't ho-hum like the sunshine track.
3. Dynamite Heady - Escape Hero Tough choice, Sonic atBK's theme is epically dramatic while Dynamite Heady has that energetic and really gets you in the mood. I had to go with DH since it fits perfectly for a first stage.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

HawkeyeWii

More people need to vote for these!

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

DreamyViridi

Has everyone done their votes? I notice a couple of regular voters missing.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

ThePirateCaptain

I'll be posting the new round in a couple of hours for any who haven't voted yet.

ThePirateCaptain

Auracle

1. Super Mario Land 2: The Six Golden Coins - Overworld
2. Sonic Generations - Green Hill Zone (Modern)
3. Sonic and the Black Knight - Misty Lake

If I had found a quality recording, I would have nominated the Super Mario Land first level theme. It was so catchy.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

FonistofCruxis

CapnPancakes wrote:

@FonistofCruxis
Actually the Super Mario Land theme is both the Overworld theme and the Athletic theme. I forgot to put that there as well.

Thanks for pointing that out. I gave them both another listen and decided I like the SML2 Overworld/athletic theme more so I'm changing my vote for the first match-up to that.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.