Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Farewell

Posts 841 to 860 of 2,988

HawkeyeWii

I feel like everyone is just following the norms of the other votes and aren't even listening to them first...
Just saying. Paper Mario's music is pretty awesome. I always thought Kirby's Green Greens song was a bit annoying.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

ThePirateCaptain

@Hawkeye
I can't make people listen to the songs, I can only provide the option to. Some songs are also poplar for a reason you know.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Geonjaha

CapnPancakes wrote:

@Hawkeye
I can't make people listen to the songs, I can only provide the option to. Some songs are also poplar for a reason you know.

Because they're from the games that would be better known to Nintendo fans?
I'd like to hope that people here aren't shallow enough to be voting for DKCR just because they've played it before - or better yet that they're actually listening to and considering the other song. Even if you have played and enjoyed one of the games - actually make a fair choice, otherwise this'll become a competition for the most well known first level theme.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Void

Geonjaha wrote:

CapnPancakes wrote:

@Hawkeye

I'd like to hope that people here aren't shallow enough to be voting for DKCR just because they've played it before - or better yet that they're actually listening to and considering the other song. Even if you have played and enjoyed one of the games - actually make a fair choice, otherwise this'll become a competition for the most well known first level theme.

You know, it is possible for people to like different things.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

FonistofCruxis

1. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - Petal Meadows
2. Donkey Kong Country Returns - Jungle Hijinx
Port of Adia is okay but too repetitive, I didn't even bother to listen to the whole track
3. Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Sky Station Galaxy

Final-Starman

Did I miss the nominations?!

"Come and get me loser! Spankety Spankety Spankety!" -Pokey
"Yesno It is isn't." -Moonsidian
"Shoot! I missed!" - Loid/Lloyd
Fobbies are... Borange!
TONDA GOSSA!
Nintendo Network ID: The-Ness
ROOOOLIIING STAAAAAART!
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Recent...

e-love

HawkeyeWii wrote:

I feel like everyone is just following the norms of the other votes and aren't even listening to them first...
Just saying. Paper Mario's music is pretty awesome. I always thought Kirby's Green Greens song was a bit annoying.

I'm sorry, you can't expect everyone to go against the grain and vote for the unpopular choice. I picked the ones I picked because I liked them better than their competition, there are no other factors at play here. By all means though, call me and others out for "following the norm" or you know..it could just be we have a difference in opinion.

Just a little reminder that this is for fun, there are no prizes. Moving on.

Edited on by e-love

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Happy_Mask

Emaan wrote:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

I'm sorry, you can't expect everyone to go against the grain and vote for the unpopular choice. I picked the ones I picked because I liked them better than their competition, there are no other factors at play here. By all means though, call me and others out for "following the norm" or you know..it could just be we have a difference in opinion.

Just a little reminder that this is for fun, there are no prizes. Moving on.

Hipsters gonna hip. :3 or something like that...

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Geonjaha

Void wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

CapnPancakes wrote:

@Hawkeye

...I never said it wasn't?

Geonjaha

Void

Geonjaha wrote:

Void wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

CapnPancakes wrote:

Some songs are also poplar for a reason you know.

You seemed unhappy that most people are voting Jungle Hijinks over Port of Adia. "I'd like to hope ..." reads to me, atleast, that you like to think otherwise, but do believe that people are voting for Jungle Hijinks just because they know of and/or played the game, not because they've listened to both and like it better, but I may be wrong, and you actually meant something else.

I can't say I care for either song, though, or would pick either of them in the next round over Green Greens or Petal Meadows.

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

ThePirateCaptain

Try not to get too worked up about this guys, it's only the first round after all. Don't forget that most of you have 4 songs in this tourney so one loss wont be the end of you. This is also a tournament about music so don't take anything personally, just enjoy the tunes.

ThePirateCaptain

Jeremyx7

FonistofCruxis wrote:

Port of Adia is okay but too repetitive, I didn't even bother to listen to the whole track

The first minute gradually builds up into a much more immense atmospheric sounding musical arrangement . This is what you call 'progressive' style music. You probably didn't even get past the 1:24 minute mark huh? Shame if you didn't.....and if you did and still didn't care for it well than that's fine.

Edited on by Jeremyx7

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

Geonjaha

Void wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

Void wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

CapnPancakes wrote:

Some songs are also poplar for a reason you know.

You seemed unhappy that most people are voting Jungle Hijinks over Port of Adia. "I'd like to hope ..." reads to me, atleast, that you like to think otherwise, but do believe that people are voting for Jungle Hijinks just because they know of and/or played the game, not because they've listened to both and like it better, but I may be wrong, and you actually meant something else.

I can't say I care for either song, though, or would pick either of them in the next round over Green Greens or Petal Meadows.

I've never played either of those two games before, and I have no connection to either music track. I'm not unhappy that people are voting for DKCR, but as I said I hope that it is indeed because they believe it the better track and that those people are actually considering both of them.

That matchup (DKCR vs. Turok 2) is just a good example of where having a vote like this on a Nintendo site may just lead to the situation I described, and that's the reason I'm citing it as my example. When it comes down to it this is just another vote on the internet - but as I said I'd just hope people have more sense than to not judge both entries fairly, or at least listen to the other.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

Jeremyx7

Geonjaha wrote:

That matchup (DKCR vs. Turok 2) is just a good example of where having a vote like this on a Nintendo site may just lead to the situation I described, and that's the reason I'm citing it as my example. When it comes down to it this is just another vote on the internet - but as I said I'd just hope people have more sense than to not judge both entries fairly, or at least listen to the other.

Fair points for concern. I hope people are at least listening to a major portion of both tracks in each round like I am.

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

HawkeyeWii

[quote=I've never played either of those two games before, and I have no connection to either music track. I'm not unhappy that people are voting for DKCR, but as I said I hope that it is indeed because they believe it the better track and that those people are actually considering both of them.

[/quote]

Dude the DKCR music is same song as the original SNES version, just upgraded and remastered. It is a great song. One of the best songs that have such a nice build up to the climax of the song!

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

Oh and also the link that Capn'Pancakes wasn't the best. It was extremely short and had a lengthy beginning. It was the entire song. But it doesn't matter.

Twitter:

Blaze

Ya know, I think a lot of people prefer songs from games they've played. Not due to biases, but once you've played a game its easier for you to relate to the song/piece having played through the different settings, and experienced the story, character personalities etc.

I know the first time I listened to this I didn't like it much, now it's easily my favourite opening cinematic theme and one of my favourite songs ever.

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

ThePirateCaptain

Green Greens wins 14-7
Jungle Hijinx wins 15-6
Sky Station Galaxy wins 22-0

Wow, we had a lot of votes this time
The first stage of the tournament is always my favorite because you get such a diverse range of music. Don't feel bad if your music lost in the first round, we still have a whole tournament to go.
Here is a link to the current bracket

1) Super Mario Land 2: The 6 Golden Coins - Overworld vs. Final Fantasy VII - Bombing Mission

2) Sonic Generations - Green Hill Zone (Modern) vs. Super Mario Sunshine - Bianco Hills

3) Sonic and the Black Knight - Misty Lake vs. Dynamite Headdy - Escape Hero!

ThePirateCaptain

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.