Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Farewell

Posts 781 to 800 of 2,988

Void

CapnPancakes wrote:

Sorry guys, I was out for a while today but I'm back now. Nobody's nominations were too late so don't worry. I initially though we had a 64 song cap but I don't believe that's the case anymore. I'll be editing the final few songs into the bracket and then we should be all set

EDIT: We currently have 93 songs which means some songs would get a free pass to the second round. This is a bit more complicated than the tournaments i've done before, so what do you guys want to do?

Round up 35 more songs?
It's hard to say if it would be any easier, but it would probably be more fair than other options.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

ThePirateCaptain

@Jeremy
I don't think the bracket allows me to have a 3 or 4 song match. I also randomize the seeding just to make it fair.

At this rate, we could either find 35 more songs to make it an even 128, or we could just let some songs have a free pass into the second round. Whatever your thoughts are, just let me know. Also, if anyone knows how to work the brackets at Challonge better than I do, that would be helpful.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Intrepid

I guess add more songs. I would rather new people nominate instead of existing people having 5 nominations each, though.

What about 96 songs split across two brackets, that would be incorporated into one as the tornament progresses, and have two or four pairings each round? One bracket would have 64, and the other 32. Do the first round of the 64 bracket to narrow it to 32, and the combine those brackets to make a 64 bracket.

HawkeyeWii

Doom should get a first round bye

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

ThePirateCaptain

@Intrepid
Thank you, thank you, thank you. That's a great idea and that means we only need 3 more songs.

So basically, due to limitations of the bracket, i'll split it into a 64 song bracket and a 32 song bracket. It will still be a little complicated, but it should work and it will be quicker than nominating 35 more songs. We still need 3 more songs but it will be a first come first serve deal unless you have not previously nominated any songs.

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

SheldonRandoms

Well, if nobody's gonna come up with 3 more, then just add these songs if you want.

Mutant Mudds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHy3Lcg4Rlo
Mighty Swtich Force!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCkoI4PGZNk
Dillions Rolling Western: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLENVuMh2ZM

Edited on by SheldonRandoms

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms

@Intrepid

The fun part is listening to all the great first level themes (unless it's something like Crazy Bus, or most LJN games)

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

e-love

Woah, was Good Egg Galaxy just removed completely?

@Link-Hero, if @Void retracted his vote earlier, that means yours was actually valid. Oh well? D:

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

ThePirateCaptain

I'm just going to cut off the nominations right here thanks to @Sheldon for nominating those. I'm pretty frazzled but I should be able to start this thing soon. Since we have so many songs, I may post 3 matchups on the days I update instead of 2, or at least until we get down to 64 songs. Let me know if you want me to keep updating on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, or if you want different days.

@Emaan
Don't worry, I got it covered
No way I was going to let Good Egg Galaxy be left out.

ThePirateCaptain

Jeremyx7

Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays sound good to me.

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

Auracle

Rats. I hadn't added my last song. Oh well. This will be fun either way.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

ThePirateCaptain

@True
I'll put it in if you post it here.

@Sheldon
If you had to pick 1 song out of the 3 you nominated, which one would you pick?

ThePirateCaptain

Void

CapnPancakes wrote:

@True
I'll put it in if you post it here.

@Sheldon
If you had to pick 1 song out of the 3 you nominated, which one would you pick?

Pfft, is that even a contest? (If I was picking, I'd go for the Mutant mudds song, cough cough. :3)
Also, @Cap'n your sig implys that the "Best Title Screen Music" thread is still going, were you just leaving it that way untill you got the "Best first level music" thread going, or just forgot to change it?

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

Auracle

@Capn - Thanks.
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz - Monkey Island

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

ThePirateCaptain

@Void
Thanks for reminding me to change that XD

I'll put your song in @True and if Sheldon doesn't reply i'll just pick one of his songs to put in.

EDIT: Here is a link to the current 64 song bracket. Bracket 1

ThePirateCaptain

Captain_Toad

Sonic 2: Emerald Hill zone
Suger Mario Galaxy: Good egg galaxy

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.