General Discussion Forum

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best Credits Theme (First Round)

Showing 341 to 360 of 3,152

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

341. Posted:

1. Kirby's Return to Dreamland
I always enjoy Kirby music and this is no exeption. The Secret of Mana theme is good, but another generic piano RPG theme in my eyes.

2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Its not great and I certainly enjoy Morrowind's title theme to this one, but the Street Fighter song is annoying and not even enjoyable.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Link-Hero

342. Posted:

1) Secret of Mana
2) The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Wow, Oblivion wins this by a landslide. While Oblivion sounds generic, at least it doesn't have grating sounds and high pitched voices like The Third Strike. Gave up on it right when it got to the rap part...

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

AuthorMessage

Birthday_Boy

343. Posted:

1) Secret of Mana
2) Street Fighter
I love the Street Fighter 3 Title theme (not at first however) as like the other SFs, SF3 was different, hardcore, and very entertaining.
Its too bad SF4 is a little too serious. They can learn a thing or two from Tekken.

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage

Emaan

344. Posted:

...All of my nominations are destined to fail.
Every single one was matched up with one that's basically impossible to beat u_u

</3

Anyways.

I love this theme, hence me nominating it. Kirby music always gives me very happy vibes, and this theme in particular really makes you want to play the game. Secret of Mana's title theme is beautiful in its own way, but like @CapnPancakez said, it sort of just blends in with all the other SNES RPG title themes I've heard. I guess cliche is the word for it? It just doesn't really stand out to me.

2. Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Surprise! Neither of the themes are good. At all. Which explains my annoyance with the fact that actually good themes have fallen, yet one of these two poor excuses will somehow make it one step farther. For some reason, I like the Street Fighter title theme a little better. It at least sounds like a fighting video game. Unlike Oblivion's title theme which sounds like a copy and paste rehash of Pirates of the Caribbean. At least Street Fighter 3's theme is original, and while cringeworthy, has its own identity. I'll take original-yet somewhat annoying over boring and unoriginal any day.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Nintengirl

345. Posted:

1) Kirby's Return to Dreamland
2) Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)
NNID: Lady_Ghirahim You need to add me through your friend list, though.
Check out my Tumblr: http://the-unsolvable-riddle.tumblr.com/

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

346. Posted:

I noticed some hate with Street Fighter 3: Third Strike's theme, and I am completely surprised, it's not because I nominated it, but this song is just...............what Street Fighter truly is about, fighting in the streets, this song is a rap yes, but it's one of the best raps I have ever heard, at least in a video game, it showed a different time for Capcom, it showed a different time for Street Fighter...............I still don't get why people hate it, if it was for Mighty Switch Force or Rhythm Thief, I wouldn't be like this, i'm not trying to be a sore loser, but I just want to know, Why!?!?

@CanisWolfred We have completely different opinions, I think the soundtrack is some of the series best, could you explain why you don't like the soundtrack, and could you give examples?

Edited on by SheldonRandoms

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND LORDJUMPMAD!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

ClockworkMario

347. Posted:

1)Kirby's Return to Dreamland
2)Oblivion Come on guys it's not that bad. Granted it's not as good as Skyrim, but it does have that feeling of a grand and vast adventure. Beats rap that's for sure.

Edited on by ClockworkMario

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129 | Nintendo Network ID: Soon

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

348. Posted:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

@CanisWolfred We have completely different opinions, I think the soundtrack is some of the series best, could you explain why you don't like the soundtrack, and could you give examples?

I gotta give you credit, this is the first time I can recall being asked to extrapolate on my opinion of a song on this site. Kudos.

Anyways, I think I'll start with the Title theme, since I feel that is well indicative of the rest of the soundtrack. I listened to it one more time, and now I don't necessarily think it's bad. No, now it's just a dull, repetetive song. It plays pretty much the same 4 bars throughout the entire song with very little variation, regardless of the instrument, including the voice. I really dislike it when singing sounds repetitive, it sort of fades into the backround, especially since in this case it doesn't seem any bit louder than the rest of the instruments. That makes it difficult to understand the lyrics, and it just becomes noise.

Then there's the other instruments. I don't like how the guitar(? Not quite sure, but I think it's a guitar) is used, making occasional high-pitched notes that I'm used to hearing in funk or disco music, neither of which I'm fond of. I find it rather distracting, as it's one of the few notes that stand out in this song. I mean, it should work and add variety to the song, but it's usually the same set of notes and it happens rarely, so I'm not really feeling it.

I also felt the second singer could've been used to greater effect. What could've been a nice contrast just ends up being irritating - she has a good voice, but since it just sounds like she's yelling half the time, it ends up annoying me.

There are a few other parts, but ultimately, I just felt that song was very dull, repetitive, and occasionally irritating. And this is coming from someone who used to listen to a lot of techno...

I'll post more (hopefully far less lengthy) examples later. I gotta relisten to a few tracks, which could take a while. I don't remember liking any of the songs on the soundtrack, though.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Intrepid

349. Posted:

2. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Support the localization of Ace Attorney Investigations 2!
My Zeldaloggery
Diehard Accel World fan! Check it out here.
“Incarnation isn’t about desire! It’s about hope!” – Haruyuki Arita

AuthorMessage

Shadow100

350. Posted:

1. Kirby
2. Street Fighter

Backloggery | Now Playing

Twitter: shdw100

AuthorMessage

Wonder_Ideal

351. Posted:

1. Kirby's Return to Dreamland - I really enjoyed Return to Dreamland's soundtrack as a whole.
2. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Not much to say on this one.

Mesaloggery
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

AuthorMessage

The_Groosefather

352. Posted:

1) secret of mana
2) street fighter

You will obey Groose and bring me waffles!!!
Snorlax are weak to Camrys
Grooseloggery
"I don't suffer from insanity, i enjoy every minute of it" -unknown

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2393-2290 | Nintendo Network ID: Groose_Lord

AuthorMessage

Squid

353. Posted:

1: Secret of Mana. I like that Kirby theme, but SoM just takes the cake. (almost a joke because Kirby eats cakes? You decide.)
2: Elder Scrolls IV. It's pretty boring, but not nearly as puke-inducingly annoying as the SF3 theme. It hurt my ears. Certainly not what I'd expect from a Street Fighter game.

Now, this round reminds that I've still yet to play Kirby's Return and ES4: Oblivion...

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

354. Posted:

@CanisWolfred Well I feel honored, but I respect your opinion, I guess it's just that I see something different in this song and the soundtrack then most other people here, sorta like how people see something in that Homestuck or Justin Bieber that I don't.

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND LORDJUMPMAD!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

OracleOfTruth

355. Posted:

Sorry I missed the last round.

1) Kirby's Return to Dreamland
2) Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

356. Posted:

Kirby's Return to Dreamland wins 10-8
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion wins 11-7

Well that was an interesting round. Today there are some pretty fun and upbeat songs which is a nice change of pace from these RPG themes we've been having.
Here is a link to the current bracket

1) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time vs. Wii Sports

2) Crash Twinsanity vs. Sonic Colors

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Wonder_Ideal

357. Posted:

1. Ocarina of Time - I thought that OoT would win hands down, but after relistening to Wii Sports, the decision was tougher.
2. Sonic Colors - The Sonic Colors title screen theme is simply fantastic.

Mesaloggery
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

AuthorMessage

OracleOfTruth

358. Posted:

1) Ocarina of Time - It's soothing and deep. Very nice song.
2) Sonic Colors - This is a pretty epic title screen theme. Very well done.

Edited on by OracleOfTruth

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage

ClockworkMario

359. Posted:

1)Wii Sports - It has a great beat and feeling to it
2)Crash - Colours isn't bad, but it's kinda forgettable.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129 | Nintendo Network ID: Soon

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

360. Posted:

1. Wii Sports
2. Sonic Colours

Neilloggery