General Discussion Forum

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best Credits Theme (First Round)

Showing 2,861 to 2,880 of 3,103

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

2,861. Posted:

DAT SCOREBOARD!

4 ("Termination") - 4 ("Master Hand")
5 ("An Earnest Desire of Grey") - 3 ("Final Battle")
5 ("The Battle For Everyone's Souls") - 3 ("Baby Bowser")
7 ("Last Battle") - 1 ("One-Winged Angel")

It's sad that Termination is my preferred genre and I still think Master Hand is better, but oh well.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't see the next two coming, though brackets 1 and 3 can still be turned around very easily. It only takes one vote for Yoshi's Island or Brawl to stand a chance.

I'd be lying if I said I DID see this one coming. Also, lulz at everyone except @Squid calling it "Final Battle" instead of "Last Battle." Myself, included. Surprised I didn't catch that until someone called it the right name. XD

Edited on by UGXwolf

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

Maelstrom

2,862. Posted:

Last minute votes? It could really change things....

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Most Recently Arranged: The Visitor (BD), Final Battle (Sacred Stones), and An Earnest Desire of Grey.
In progress: Songs from Umineko

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

AuthorMessage

ClockworkMario

2,863. Posted:

Reporting in for my voting duty! (finally)
1. SSBB: Master Hand
2. Skies of Arcadia
3. Persona 3 - The Battle for Everyone's Souls – I like the shift in tone this occasionally has. Nothing in particular against Yoshi's Island either.
4. Cave Story - Last Battle

Edited on by ClockworkMario

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129 | Nintendo Network ID: Soon

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

2,864. Posted:

@ClockworkMario Yeah, I think we can all agree those are two really good final boss themes.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

2,865. Posted:

I feel like these threads need a bump. Any other votes? Anyone? Come on, these are so close~

AuthorMessage

Maelstrom

2,866. Posted:

Bump. Vote for final destination! (master hand)

Most Recently Arranged: The Visitor (BD), Final Battle (Sacred Stones), and An Earnest Desire of Grey.

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

2,867. Posted:

1) Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Master Hand ~ It was a tough choice though. Definitely very close in my eyes.
2) Skies of Arcadia - Final Battle ~ I spoke too soon. This one was even closer. Where did the easy choices go? D:
3) Persona 3 - The Battle for Everyone's Souls ~ I love the Yoshi's Island boss theme, but this was very close once again, and decided to give it to Persona.
4) Cave Story - Last Battle ~ Cave Story+ has a superior soundtrack, but this one still wins.

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

2,868. Posted:

Our good Cap'n seems to be away again, and it has been quite a while so I've decided to update the bracket and keep this going. I'm also terrible at getting these together properly - so if I've made a mistake anywhere please point it out. :3

Link to the current bracket

1) Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Master Hand wins 5-4
2) Radiant Historia - An Earnest Desire for Grey wins 5-4
3) Persona 3 - The Battle for Everyone's Souls wins 6-3
4) Cave Story - Last Battle wins 8-1

Round 2 - Batch 4/4

Experimental - Music Playlist For all of the 8 tracks in one location. Please give feedback if this is an easier format to sample with.

1) Fire Emblem: Awakening - Id (Purpose) vs. Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories - Lord of the Castle

2) The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - Vaati's Wrath vs. Metal Gear Rising: Revengance - It Has to Be This Way

3) Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War - Zero vs. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Adventure's End

4) Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 - Solaris (Phase 2) vs. Kirby's Return to Dreamland - C-R-O-W-N-E-D

Edited on by Geonjaha

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

2,869. Posted:

1) Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories - Lord of the Castle - Much as I like FE's music and compositions, I can't say that "Lord of the Castle" doesn't pump me up so much more, and the instrumentation is so chilling. It has a great feel to it with the chorus in the background and an icy piano in the front. I really get that theme of desperation and triumph mixed into one. This is another heavy contender for the final round, and I'll be happy to see it up there.

2) Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - It Has to Be This Way — Too easy. This is such a powerful song. I kinda like the lyrics. The singing is just subtle enough that if you catch a bit of it, you only catch a phrase or two and it enhances the battle, rather than makes it feel overdone. Another strong contender for the finals. Too bad one of these two will be dropping out, next round.

3) Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Adventure's End — Really easy for me. This one just feels so epic. It really does feel like the final confrontation at the "Adventure's End."

4) Sonic the Hedgehog ('06) - His World (Solaris Phase 2) — Also really easy for me. This set of brackets is extremely strong. Three absolute power houses gunning for a spot in the final four.

AuthorMessage

Captain_Toad

2,870. Posted:

Metal Gear It has to be this way. Vatti's Wrath came close....to locking horns with this theme. But it wasn't enough.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Remember N64 Turoks? Want it on VC?
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Bad day? listen to this.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage

Spectator

2,871. Posted:

1)Fire Emblem - Id
2)Metal Gear Rising- It has to be this way
3)Ace Combat Zero - Belkan War Zero
4)Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 Solaris Phase 2

Spectator

AuthorMessage

Maelstrom

2,872. Posted:

1) Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories - Lord of the Castle — FE is good, but that choral part just kills the buildup it had.

2) Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - It Has to Be This Way — Do I even need to give a reason?

3)Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War - Zero — It's just a better and more varied piece.

4)Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 - Solaris (Phase 2) — I don't really like either, but the phrase I like in this song lasts longer than the other song.

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

2,873. Posted:

1) Fire Emblem: Awakening - Id (Purpose)
2) Metal Gear Rising: Revengance - It Has to Be This Way
3) Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Adventure's End
4) Kirby's Return to Dreamland - C-R-O-W-N-E-D (I dunno, I just like how this one gives off a slightly more hopeful vibe. Solaris doesn't appeal to me as much for some reason...)

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

ClockworkMario

2,874. Posted:

1)Fire Emblem: Awakening - Id – Got to wonder if that name is a hint towards Sigmund Freuds psychoanalysis, where id is "unorganized part of the personality structure that contains a human's basic, instinctual drives. Id is the only component of personality that is present from birth. It is the source of our bodily needs, wants, desires, and impulses, particularly our sexual and aggressive drives." It'd just make sense in the context of the game. Anyways a great piece, even though it doesn't immediately scream 'epic final boss'.
2)Metal Gear Rising- It has to be this way – It really has to be this way.
3)Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Adventure's End
4)Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 Solaris Phase 2

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129 | Nintendo Network ID: Soon

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

2,875. Posted:

1) Fire Emblem: Awakening - Id (Purpose)
2) Metal Gear Rising: Revengance - It Has to Be This Way
3) Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Adventure's End
4) Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 - Solaris (Phase 2)

AuthorMessage

Maelstrom

2,876. Posted:

Bump. 2nd Day. 48 Hours remain.

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

2,877. Posted:

DAT SCOREBOARD, YO!

4 ("Id (Purpose)") - 2 ("Lord of the Castle")
7 ("It Has to Be This Way") - 0 ("Vaati's Wrath")
4 ("Adventure's End") - 2 ("Belkan War Zero")
5 ("His World (Solaris Phase 2)") - 1 ("C-R-O-W-N-E-D")

Anyone else getting the feeling that "It Has to Be This Way" is OP? I mean, I don't remember perfectly, but didn't it win last round in a total blow out, too?

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

2,878. Posted:

I think 5 days is a long enough wait to start the next round. 6 or more people voting is the ideal minimum in my eyes. :P
Link to the current bracket

1) Fire Emblem: Awakening - Id (Purpose) wins 4-2
2) Metal Gear Rising: Revengance - It Has to Be This Way wins 7-0
3) Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Adventure's End wins 4-2
4) Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 - Solaris (Phase 2) wins 5-1

Round 3 - Batch 1/2

Music Playlist For all of the 8 tracks in one location.

1) Viewtiful Joe 2 - True Heroes vs. Sonic Unleashed - Perfect Dark Gaia

2) Bayonetta - The Greatest Jubilee vs. Donkey Kong - Showdown at the Tower

3) Okami - Rising Sun vs. Dust An Elysian Tail - Let's End This

4) Bravely Default - Serpent Eating the Ground vs. Sonic Adventure 2 - Live and Learn

Edited on by Geonjaha

AuthorMessage

FishieFish

2,879. Posted:

Wait, how do you vote again?

"No one said you could touch."

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

2,880. Posted:

FishieFish wrote:

Wait, how do you vote again?

Each batch of voting we do, you vote for one of the two options in four different matchups.
Eg. for 1) You vote for Viewtiful Joe, or Sonic Unleashed. Rinse and repeat for the other three.
The link to the bracket at the top of my post should give you a better idea of how it works.

Edited on by Geonjaha