Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Farewell

Posts 281 to 300 of 2,988

SheldonRandoms

1. Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse's theme, Sonic CD's theme (JP) while catchy and upbeat, it just isn't enough compared to Sonic Boom, while Castlevania III set's the mood, knowing that Dracula is not done yet, and his curse will get you, so you better rev up those vampire stakes, because i'm sure hungry for some, help, help, MY LEG!!!!! (I might continue doing this)
2. Kid Icarus: Uprising theme feels like you are flying at the first part (Is that part really in the title screen music?) and it also shows the return of Kid Icarus, and that Pit still has to face battles, but in the end, it'll only bring peace, Chrono Cross has a good theme as well, it makes you feel like you're in the world wherever it takes place in.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Final-Starman

1. Sonic CD
Is awesome, and the JP soundtrack is better than the US one. Untitled
2. Kid Icarus: Uprising
Hard to choose over Chrono Cross.

"Come and get me loser! Spankety Spankety Spankety!" -Pokey
"Yesno It is isn't." -Moonsidian
"Shoot! I missed!" - Loid/Lloyd
Fobbies are... Borange!
TONDA GOSSA!
Nintendo Network ID: The-Ness
ROOOOLIIING STAAAAAART!
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Recent...

Intrepid

1. Sonic CD
2. Kid Icarus Uprising. I had a hard time choosing, but when FonistofCruxis pointed out the Chrono Cross song was the opening theme, not the title theme, I checked out the real title theme, and it is completely different. At least for me personally, this makes it an ineligible choice.

Namco

1) Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (Professor Layton's theme)
2) Kingdom Hearts 2

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

ClockworkMario

1)Professor Layton
No contest from 40s onward it's really epic
2)Fragile Dreams

Edited on by ClockworkMario

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

Kyloctopus

1) Professor Layton
2) Kingdom Hearts 2
Fragile Dreams' sounds like something you would hear in a fancy resturant.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

1) Final Fantasy IX - Such a nostalgic tune.
2) Kingdom Hearts II - I'd actually say this is the best rendition of this song. It feels sorrowful at first, but builds slowly into something greater. Love it.

And Chrono Cross vs. KI: Uprising should've been closer, IMO.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RevolverLink

1) Final Fantasy IX (Why does Professor Layton basically get the same song in the tournament twice? And how did no one nominate Last Specter's far superior title theme?)
2) Kingdom Hearts II (I have mixed feelings about the KH series, but Dearly Beloved has always been a beautiful song and this may well be the best version of it.)

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

e-love

1. Final Fantasy IX
I feel like I've heard the Professor Layton theme before, oh wait. Anyways, that Final Fantasy IX theme is so welcoming and adventurous sounding to me.

2. Kingdom Hearts II
Yay one of my nominations finally :3
Dearly Beloved is classic, and like others have said, I think KH2's version of it is the best so far.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

FriedSquid

1: Final Fantasy IX. That song's sorta nostalgic for me. I used to watch my older sister play it all the time, but I was too afraid to play RPGs back then?? Dunno why. Blah, anyways, Prof. Layton song is really good, though, so it was a hard decision.

2: Kingdom Hearts II. My first and favorite game in the series, and one of my favorite part of the game, is listening to that song.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

FonistofCruxis

1. Professor Layton's theme - Professor Layton and Pandora's Box and Professor Layton and the Lost Future
The FFIX one is okay but not as good as some of the other songs in its excellent soundtrack whereas Layton's theme is amazing and is the 2nd best song in this tournament! The best is one somebody else nominated that hasn't been in a match-up yet.
2. A Dedication to...Everyone - Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
Dearly Beloved is beautiful but A Dedication to...Everyone is even more beautiful and might just be the best song so far in the tournament that I hadn't heard before.

TysonOfTime

Oh noooo... next round... my nominations...

@Emaan
I hope you know the two Layton themes in this tournament are different.

Anyways,
1. Prof. Layton
2. Fragile Dreams
...I could swear there's a version of Dearly Beloved I like more than this... oh well...

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

ThePirateCaptain

1. Professor Layton
I find this theme pretty catchy and enjoyable.

2. Fragile Dreams
This is one of the most beautiful songs I've heard. It carries a lot of emotion and you really have to listen to the whole song to get it.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Linky_97

1) Final Fantasy IX
2) Kingdom Hearts II

Wii U online games:
Injustice Gods Among Us, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge, Assassin's Creed III, Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2 Wii U Edition and Trine 2: Directors Cut
3DS Online games:
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Tell me if you want to play :)

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8763-9592 | Nintendo Network ID: Linky97

SheldonRandoms

1. Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
2. Fragile Dreams

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

TysonOfTime

...Okay. I'm changing my vote to Fragile Dreams. I was trying to convince myself I liked this version of Dearly Beloved more...

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.