Posts 2,721 to 2,740 of 2,988

Geonjaha

Link to the current bracket

1) Sonic Unleashed - Perfect Dark Gaia wins 4-1
2) Bayonetta - The Greatest Jubilee wins 3-1
3) Dust An Elysian Tail - Let's End This wins 4-1
4) Bravely Default - Serpent Eating the Ground wins 2-2

Round 3 - Batch 2/2

Music Playlist For all of the 8 tracks in one location.

1) Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Final Destination vs. Radiant Historia - An Earnest Desire for Grey

2) Persona 3 - The Battle for Everyone's Souls vs. Cave Story - Last Battle

3) Fire Emblem: Awakening - Id (Purpose) vs. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - It Has to Be This Way

4) Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Adventure's End vs. Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 - Solaris (Phase 2)

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

8BitSamurai

1) Radiant Historia - An Earnest Desire for Grey
2) Persona 3 - The Battle for Everyone's Souls
3) Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengance - It Has to Be This Way
4) Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 - Solaris (Phase 2)

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Maelstrom

1) Radiant Historia - An Earnest Desire for Grey — As much as I love Final Destination, nothing can beat Yōko Shimomura at her best.

2)Cave Story - Last Battle — It just sounds more final bossy. And Persona sounds like an edgy Shimomura rip-off

3) Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - It Has to Be This Way — As much as I love both songs, I just love the style and subtlety of the lyrics in this song. It's what those sonic songs tried to do and failed.

4) Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 - Solaris (Phase 2) — Better buildup and phrasing

And, @Geoninjaha , did you notice revengeance is spelled wrong, and the song is not called "It has to be this ways"

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

FriedSquid

8BitSamurai wrote:

3) Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengance - It Has to Be This Way

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Geonjaha

@Maelstrom - Corrected. I just copy and paste the names from previous rounds most of the time to prevent having to write them all out, so I suppose some mistakes are inevitable.

1) Radiant Historia - An Earnest Desire for Grey ~ Not much contest here.
2) Persona 3 - The Battle for Everyone's Souls ~ Last Battle is still good, but Cave Story has better in its soundtrack. Also, not the Cave Story+ Remastered soundtrack .
3) Fire Emblem: Awakening - Id (Purpose) ~ I really enjoy It Has To Be This Way, but too often it just sounds like noise. There is too much going on most of the time, and it ends up ruining it a little. If the song was clearer I'd probably be voting for it.
4) Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 - Solaris (Phase 2) ~ Because comparatively, the other is a tad boring and generic.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

ClockworkMario

Back from a holiday! Glad to see you guys haven't done anything crazy while I was gone.
3) Fire Emblem: Id (purpose) – Anything can change! Time to tip the scales!
4) Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 - Solaris (Phase 2) – Now this is some all-around great music. It's what they can do when they don't force cheesy lyrics in there.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

UGXwolf

3) Metal Gear Rising Revengence - It Has To Be This Way — Of very little am I as sure as this. This song is worthy to win this tournament. Id just doesn't even come close. For much of the same reason I didn't vote Okami, I won't vote Fire Emblem, but it goes double here because this song I full well expect to see in the finals.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Geonjaha

1) Radiant Historia - An Earnest Desire for Grey wins 5-0
2) Persona 3 - The Battle for Everyone's Souls wins 4-1
3) Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - It Has to Be This Way wins 4-2
4) Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 - Solaris (Phase 2) wins 5-0

Round 4 - Quarterfinals

Music Playlist - For all of the 8 tracks in one location.

1) Sonic Unleashed - Perfect Dark Gaia vs. Bayonetta - The Greatest Jubilee

2) Dust An Elysian Tail - Let's End This vs. Bravely Default - Serpent Eating the Ground

3) Radiant Historia - An Earnest Desire for Grey vs. Persona 3 - The Battle for Everyone's Souls

4) Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - It Has to Be This Way vs. Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 - Solaris (Phase 2)

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

UGXwolf

I CAAAN'T VOOOOOTE D: The first one contains two themes I'm not fully worried about, the second contains a theme I refuse to listen to, the third is too close for me to decide, and the fourth is, too! @___@ I'll come up with votes, though. :3 I'm not really that distressed. This is a pretty amazing top 8. I'm gonna be honest.

8BitSamurai

1) Sonic Unleashed - Perfect Dark Gaia
2) Bravely Default - Serpent Eating the Ground
3) Persona 3 - The Battle for Everyone's Souls

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

ClockworkMario

2) Bravely Default - Serpent Eating the Ground – This better win the whole tournament; it's a rollercoaster of a song.
4) Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 - Solaris (Phase 2) – Great build-up – great pay-off. The other one isn't bad, but it has come far enough and beyond in my books for such a mediocre performance.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

Maelstrom

1) Sonic Unleashed - Perfect Dark Gaia — Just better. Don't ask me why.
2) Bravely Default - Serpent Eating the Ground — While Dust has a good one, this is just so incredible. I don't have words to express how awesome it is
3) Radiant Historia: An Earnest Desire for Grey — Once again, Persona sounds like an edgy Shimomura rip-off. It just can't be as great as the real thing.
4) Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - It Has to Be This Way — I just love the subtlety of the lyrics (as opposed to some certain other boss themes). It just works so well.

And, in the name of shameless advertising, I just revised my Serpent Devouring the Horizon arrangement, and will finalize it in the next few days.
You can download PDFs in the link in my sig.

Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

UGXwolf

While I'm still patient enough to do it:

1) Bayonetta - The Greatest Jubilee — I really don't care either way. As far as I'm concerned, this will be the last successful bracket for either song, as Serpent Eating the Ground is considered by many to be THE best final boss theme ever, and from what I accidentally heard thanks to someone's playlist. >.> I can definitely see why.

2) STILL NOT VOTING — Even though I heard about half of this in the background, I was only slightly paying attention and have actually managed to forget, by this point. I should really get around to finishing this game but UUUGGH! That back half is so bad. >.< I lost my steam sometime just before the Fire Temple and the momentum carried me until the door of the Earth Temple and I've only just now picked but up. Such great music, but I'm really starting to drag my feet on finishing this game.

3) Persona 3 - The Battle For Everyone's Souls — Dunno who this Shimomura person is. Dun really care. This song has such an amazing build-up and reward. It honestly could win on that, alone, but the rock feel and instrumentation is backed by some really amazing composition. This is another extremely strong contender for the finals.

4) Metal Gear Rising Revengeance - It Has to Be This Way — I don't feel like I need to explain it, at this point, but can I just say, I LOVE this song so much. It's just so perfect for a final boss theme. It's pumping and crazy and the lyrics are just subtle enough to not be embarrassing and the arrangement and the instrumentation and... and... and.. and...!!!!!! If this song loses here, I may cry, but at least it will lose to a worthy opponent.

Maelstrom

@UGXwolf Yoko Shimomura is a Japanese video game composer. She has been described as "the most famous female video game music composer in the world"
— Wikipedia
Basicly kingdom heats, Mario & Luigi, Radiant Historia, one of the 3 people who make up ACE+, who did Xenoblade, Super Mario RPG, Secret of Mana, and street fighter II
She has a distinctive style for final boss music, such as these three songs

Edited on by Maelstrom

Geonjaha

UGXwolf wrote:

Serpent Eating the Ground is considered by many to be THE best final boss theme ever, and from what I accidentally heard thanks to someone's playlist. >.> I can definitely see why.

Well so-rry for trying to make everyone's life easier. I do it all for you guys you know.

I'll get my votes in soon, and hopefully we can snag a few more voters in the next couple of days.

Geonjaha

ThePirateCaptain

1. Bayonetta - The Greatest Jubilee
2. Dust: An Elysian Tale - Let's End This
3. Radiant Historia - An Earnest Desire for Grey
4. Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) - Solaris

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

UGXwolf

@Maelstrom ... Wat? "The Battle For Everyone's Souls" sounds nothing like KH, Radiant Hystoria, or really anything else you just named. At least not to my knowledge.

Geonjaha

2) Bravely Default - Serpent Eating the Ground

Geonjaha

Geonjaha

Link to the Special VGM Tourament (Best Water Theme)

1) Sonic Unleashed - Perfect Dark Gaia wins 4-2
2) Bravely Default - Serpent Eating the Ground wins 4-1
3) Persona 3 - The Battle for Everyone's Souls wins 4-2
4) Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 - Solaris (Phase 2) wins 4-2

Round 5 - Semifinals

Music Playlist - For all of the 4 tracks in one location.

1) Sonic Unleashed - Perfect Dark Gaia vs. Bravely Default - Serpent Eating the Ground

2) Persona 3 - The Battle for Everyone's Souls vs. Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 - Solaris (Phase 2)

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

Maelstrom

1) Bravely Default - Serpent Eating the Ground — If this does not win, I will be very angry.

2) Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 - Solaris (Phase 2) — None of the songs I wanted to win won. But this is still better than Persona.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.