3) LittleBigPlanet - Wilderness Theme
4) Sonic Adventure DX - Egg Carrier

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

KarrotMan

1. Kingdom Hearts - Hollow Bastion Easy choice, just enjoyed the Hollow bastion theme, while the other theme just did its job that's all.
2. Mega Ma X8 - Sigma's Palace Even if Unwound future had alot of great tracks, X8's fortress theme had alot more going for it.
3. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 - Temporal Tower LBP had alot going for it but I just found Temporal Tower to stand out more. Maybe it's because of the synths.
4. Sonic Adventure DX - Egg Carrier Just love that semi mellow tune with a touch of a cosmic feel. Sorry Yoshi, I love you to death, but maybe you'll have better luck in the Athletic theme contest.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

UGXwolf

Tentative responses until I can actually listen to all of these. There's a good chance these will be my votes, or else I wouldn't be doing this.

1. Kingdom Hearts - Hallow Bastion While Pirate Fortress is still ingrained in my head, to this day, and I still hum it to myself, when sneaking around my house, this one is just legitimately better. Everything Pirate Fortress does right, Hallow Bastion appears to do tenfold. This is a case where my memory was wrong.
2. Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - Huge Weapon This one's a tad close. They have a similar feel, so I can't do a principle vote, like I've been doing oh-so-often, in these tournaments. In the end, I have to give it to this one because there's more going on without losing that feel I love so much, even if I've never been the biggest fan of Professor Layton's instrumentation.
3. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 - Temporal Tower Ewww, this match-up is awful. @__@ I would be shocked if either song from this bracket made it past Round 2. Temporal Tower matches the theme of the contest better, but it's just so uninteresting. The background melodies, the chimes, even the lead all feel so tired and boring. But The Wilderness doesn't even remotely sound like an antagonistic base, so my vote's on this one.
4. Yoshi's Island - Castle Theme Aside from personal bias, this theme just makes me feel like I'm somewhere I'm not supposed to be. It makes me tense and causes me to watch the edges of the screen at most points. EDIT NOTE: After listening to Egg Carrier, I find that it at least fits the theme, but I'm not a fan of the instrumentation and the feel just doesn't strike me as hard as the Castle Theme does.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DreamyViridi

Link-Hero wrote:

1.) Kingdom Hearts - Hollow Bastion
2.) Professor Layton and the Unwound Future: Huge Weapon
3.) LittleBigPlanet - Wilderness Theme
4.) Yoshi's Island - Castle Theme

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

UGXwolf

Something I'd like to note about this contest: It seems that this is gonna heavily split between who prefers Platformer-style enemy territory themes and who prefers RPG/JRPG-style ones. Since these don't go for the same feels, as Platformers want action to be a theme and JRPGs want it to be based on tension.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Geonjaha

1) Kingdom Hearts: Hallow Bastion
2) Mega Man X8: Sigma's Palace
3) Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Temporal Tower
4) Yoshi's Island: Castle Theme

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

ThePirateCaptain
KarrotMan

1) Mega Man 2 - Wily Stage 1/2 I like how Phazon Mines was a mix of ambience and industrial themes, but MM2's fortress theme just keeps me pumped in anticipation for that boss battle.
2) ICO - Castle in the Mist Like Phazon mines, FTL has a great Industrial feel but Castle in the mist, while not threatening by any means, really captures the large and desolated interiors of the castle you are in.
3) Kirby Super Star Ultra - Halberd (On Deck) Like MM2, I just love the fast tempo this tune has that keeps me pumped.
4) Mega Man 3 - Wily Stage 1/2 While it's not as great as the two MM tracks the advanced(yet close behind), It still has enough of that good MM action to keep it on the ranks. Also wasn't a fan of Ganon's theme, I know it's deliberately trying to be a discord to threaten you but it just grated on me.

Edited on by KarrotMan

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

MasterWario

UGXwolf wrote:

Something I'd like to note about this contest: It seems that this is gonna heavily split between who prefers Platformer-style enemy territory themes and who prefers RPG/JRPG-style ones. Since these don't go for the same feels, as Platformers want action to be a theme and JRPGs want it to be based on tension.

Well I don't think it depends on what games you play, just individual preference. In my case I play both games (those are actually my two favorite genres).

Also how far did you get into the Wilderness? The current link doesn't do the song full justice imo. It's one of those songs where you can adjust the instrument levels, say turn off all the guitars, put up the drums 100%, and put the winds at 50%. Here it is at full force:

Not that I expect to change your mind, but I was just curious..

Oh lol, did the next series come up while I typed this? XD

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

ThePirateCaptain

1. Metroid Prime - Phazon Mines I don't know why, but I've never liked the Wily Stage music from Mega Man 2.
2. FTL: Faster Than Light - Sector 8 This song has a really fantastic build-up. The ICO song is very sorrowful and lonely, but not what I would call an antagonist base theme.
3. Kirby Super Star Ultra - Halberd (On Deck) Very energetic with just the right amount of villainy.
4. Mega Man 3 - Wily Stage 1 / 2 Now this is a Mega Man track I can get behind. While Ganon's Castle does build a fantastic atmosphere, I don't think it works as well outside the game.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

8BitSamurai

1) Mega Man 2 - Wily Stage 1
2) Ico - Castle in the Mist
3) Super Paper Mario - Castle Bleck (I will now go ask my KSS cartridge for forgiveness)
4) Mega Man 3 - Wily Stage 1 / 2

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Geonjaha

1) Mega Man 2: Wily Stage 1 - There isn't much to compete with one of the best pieces of 8 bit music.
2) FTL: Faster Than Light: Sector 8 - Two very long songs, and both are good. I just hope people listen to both all the way through before voting.
3) Kirby Super Star Ultra: Halberd (On Deck) - This one was a hard choice. Very close.
4) The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time: Ganon's Tower - This one was also close, but only because neither is very good.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

GamecubeMan

1.) Mega Man 2 - Dr Wily Stage 1 I get the feeling this track will go really far and out last all the other Mega Man tracks. Probably just me though. Also the other track was boring in comparison to this.
2.) FTL: Faster Than Light - Sector 8 Hard decision. Both tracks take the same approach of an easy going mood for a base. However, I liked the overused techno feel better instead of the over used guitar instrumentation.
3.) Super Paper Mario - Count Bleck Best fusion of old video game music techniques with modern I have ever heard. As for the other track, there are way better renditions than this one.
4.) The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time - Ganon's Tower Memorable organ music is hard to come by.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

1. Metroid Prime - Phazon Mines
2. FTL: Faster Than Light - Sector 8 - A Toss up.
3. Super Paper Mario - Castle Bleck
4. Mega Man 3 - Wily Stage 1 / 2 - An underrated MM track imo.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

MasterWario

1) Mega Man 2 - Wily Stage 1 - Ah ha! The one Mega Man song I know!
2) FTL: Faster Than Light - Sector 8
3) Super Paper Mario - Castle Bleck - Easy choice, one of my favorite video game songs ever. This theme knows exactly what's trying to accomplish and does it exceptionally well. It might not be the best base theme in general, but's got an impeccable sense of direction that I really admire.
4) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Ganon's Tower

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

ClockworkMario

I've been neglecting this thread for a while due to computer problems, but you'll see me voting a lot more from now on.
1)Mega Man 2
2)FTL; Faster Than Light
3)Kirby Super Star Ultra
4)TLoZ: Ocarina of Time – Ganon's Tower

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

ThePirateCaptain

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.