Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Farewell

Posts 2,361 to 2,380 of 2,988

KarrotMan

To me, a base theme shouldn't only sound "bad guy-ish" to win my vote it also has to get my blood pumping in the heat of the battle as another user stated earlier. MM4's Cossack theme just felt like the stakes were raised in the stage it played in and it was more involved than Krook's March. And while the latter managed to have a imperial march like theme, it just didn't stick out to me as much as the former.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

ThePirateCaptain

1. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Neo Bowser Castle (I love Galaxy's soundtrack, but this sounded more menacing.)

2. Donkey Kong Country 2 - Krook's March (Again, the Mega Man track is good, but this fits much better.)

3. Mega Man 10 - Wily Stage 1

4. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Launch Base Zone

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

UGXwolf

While I agree with that, I feel a dark brooding theme can be far more effective than a heavy or fast-paced one that just doesn't fit the theme. Not that it's particularly important, as I feel there's very little in the second half that stands much chance of progressing.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MasterWario

Seems like the next round will be up soon...I'll be honest I'm really anxious for bracket L

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Geonjaha

UGXwolf wrote:

I dunno, I really just don't feel like Dr. Cossack's theme is even remotely as bad guy-ish as Krook's March.

Wasn't even a close one for me. Dr. Cossack's theme is memorable, and fun to listen to. Krook's March is just a bit dull. I find that both themes are still appropriate for what they should be, so my vote is an easy one.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

ThePirateCaptain
Betelgroose

1. KIU
2. KIU
3. Sonic Adventure
4. Paper Mario

"From tiny acorns, mighty oak trees grow, and those oak trees have guns and are flipping awesome" -Bunny Lord
Uhhhh... I like potatoes...

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2393-2290 | Nintendo Network ID: Groose_Lord

MasterWario

1) Bravely Default - Infiltrating Enemy Territory
2) Kid Icarus: Uprising - Underworld Castle
3) Trine - Tower of Serek
4) Etrian Odyssey IV - Library of Puppets - Took a while to figure this one out, but I realized I liked Etrian Odyssey's much better, its just that that X-Naut Fortress is ridiculously catchy.

So I don't know what exactly it is, but apparently I don't like Sonic music or Mega Man music much at all.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My Pushmo Levels

8BitSamurai

2) Mega Man 9 - We're the Robots
3) Sonic Adventure - Final Egg
4) Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - X-Naut Fortress

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

UGXwolf

1) Bravely Default: Flying Fairy - Infiltrating Enemy Territory I really like both of these songs. Aurum Brain has this nice feel, like flying through the enemy ranks and shooting them down as you go, and when the song picks up, it REALLY picks up. Infiltrating Enemy Territory, however, is just extremely catch, and really feels like you're somewhere you're REALLY not supposed to be. It ramps up the tension, and it makes every enemy encounter that much more exciting, when it happens. The intro also just has a downright villainly feel. I don't know what it is, but to me, a cool theme that feels like sneaking through enemy territory just appeals so much more to me as "enemy base music" than something that reminds me of battle. Guess JRPGs are always gonna have the leg up, with me.
2. Kid Icarus: Uprising - Underworld Castle This is another tough one. I thought about it for a bit, but really, Kid Icarus's Underworld Castle just has that unique evil theme to it that can't be mistaken. Mega Man 9's "We are the Robots" has a few nice feels, but never really capitalizes on it, and now I realize, that's my problem with most Mega Man music. They have good feels and great rhythms, but where does it culminate?
3. Trine - Tower of Serek IMO, these both fit the theme of the contest poorly. I'm just going for the one that feels more like it's trying. I imagine either one will be eliminated in the next bracket, anyhow.
4. Etrian Odyssey IV - Library of Puppets These were both pretty good, but I just get them feels so much stronger from this one. I do admire the way Paper Mario's theme sounds playful without losing those darker undertones, though.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Geonjaha

2) Kid Icarus: Uprising - Underworld Castle
3) Trine - Tower of Serek
4) Etrian Odyssey IV - Library of Puppets

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

ThePirateCaptain

1. Kid Icarus: Uprising - Aurum Brain
2. Kid Icarus: Uprising - Underworld Castle
3. Sonic Adventure - Final Egg
4. Etrian Odyssey IV - Library of Puppets (I really like how this one makes you feel that you're in a place you shouldn't be.)

ThePirateCaptain

GamecubeMan

1.) Kid Icarus Uprising - Aurum Brain
2.) Mega Man 9 - We're are the Robots I like how this one is composed and as always Mega Man's 8 bit style is refreshing and awesome.
3.) Sonic Adventure - Final Egg Initially I thought this was the main Egg Carrier theme. lol
4.) Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door - X-Naut Fortress Im sorry but the opening line to the other great track is unbearably long in my opinion. :/

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

PrincessSugoi

8BitSamurai wrote:

2) Mega Man 9 - We're the Robots
3) Sonic Adventure - Final Egg
4) Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - X-Naut Fortress

Quoting because I'm too lazy to write thoughts this time.

Edited on by PrincessSugoi

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

GamecubeMan

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

ThePirateCaptain

Just in case you all hadn't noticed yet, I have enlisted @GamecubeMan to help me out in updating this thread. I've been rather busy so I didn't get a chance to everyone know sooner.

1) Kingdom Hearts - Hollow Bastion
2) Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - Huge Weapon
3) Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 - Temporal Tower
4) Yoshi's Island - Castle Theme
Both of these tracks were really good, but this song will be forever engraved in my memory.

ThePirateCaptain

MasterWario

GamecubeMan wrote:

Bravely Default wins by default

LOL

2) Sigma Palace - Megaman X8 Well would you look at that, first Megaman song I actually liked.
3) LittleBigPlanet - The Wilderness I decided to go with this one for about the same reason as Etrian Odyssey. I like this one better, the Mystery Dungeon one is just more catchy. Also, any particular reason the links changed? XD
4) Yoshi's Island - Castle Theme That Sonic one was pretty good as well...but it just doesn't compete with this.

Edited on by MasterWario

My Pushmo Levels

8BitSamurai

2) Professor Layton and the Unwound Future: Huge Weapon
3) LittleBigPlanet - Wilderness Theme
4) Sonic Adventure DX - Egg Carrier

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.