Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Farewell

Posts 2,341 to 2,360 of 2,988

ThePirateCaptain

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Bowser's Galaxy Generator
2. Sonic & Knuckles - Death Egg (Act 1)
3. Sonic and the Secret Rings - Night Palace (Unawakening Float) - I'm really surprised nobody else has voted for this song yet. I though the DK one was rather dull, but this one was quite foreboding.
4. Super Mario Sunshine - Corona Mountain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Captain_Toad

Unawakening Float

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

GamecubeMan

1.) Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Bowser's Galaxy Generator (I can already tell you that this OST is going to get annoyingly far. Most because every single track in the Super Mario Galaxy series is pure musical gold.)
2.) Pokemon FireRed / LeafGreen - Team Rocket's Hideout
3.) Donkey Kong 64 - Hideout Helm 2 (So much Bass Clef! )
4.) Paper Mario - Siege on Bowser's Castle

Edited on by GamecubeMan

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

KarrotMan

1) Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Bowser's Galaxy Generator (Wasn't even a contest for me.)
2) Pokemon FireRed/ LeafGreen - Team Rocket Hideout (Both tracks weren't great but at least this track didn't grate on my ears.)
3) Sonic and the Secret Rings - Night Palace (Wasn't fond of these two either, but at least this sounded more interesting than the other, even if the latter is a better fit for a Fortress theme.)
4) Super Mario Sunshine - Corona Mountain (Didn't think much of the other theme's industrial theme.)

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

8BitSamurai

1) Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Bowser's Galaxy Generator
2) Sonic & Knuckles - Death Egg Act 1
3) Sonic and the Secret Rings - Night Palace (Unawakening Float)
4) Paper Mario - Siege on Bowser's Castle

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Wheeler

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Bowser's Galaxy Generator
2. Pokemon FireRed / LeafGreen - Team Rocket's Hideout
3. Donkey Kong 64 - Hideout Helm 2
4. Super Mario Sunshine - Corona Mountain

Wheeler

PrincessSugoi

1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess- Hyrule Tower (guess I'm the odd here that thought this was better shrug)
2. Sonic and Knuckles- Death Egg Act 1 (one of my top tracks from one of my favorite VG soundtracks so yeah, be hard to compete with this for me)
3. Sonic and The Secret Rings- Night Palace (would have been better without vocals but still a stand out theme)
4. Paper Mario - Seige on Bowser's Castle (thought both of these were pretty blah tbh)

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

UGXwolf

1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Hyrule Tower I felt this was more fitting a final level. Even if SMG had an objectively better song, it didn't sound like an antagonist base.
2. Poke'mon Fire Red/Leaf Green - Team Rocket Hideout This one embodies my problem with a lot of these brackets. I feel like both songs suit their respective games and levels well, but out of context, the adventure/RPG/dealing-with-real-evil ones will almost always seem more antagonist-y to me.
3. Donkey Kong 64 - Hideout Helm 2 I see a lot of people saying this song is uninteresting. THAT'S EXACTLY WHY I SUGGESTED REPLACING IN HIDEOUT HELM 1! Even so, this just sound more like an antagonistic base to me than the Sonic one. That said, the Sonic one DOES have really good instrumentation, and I do love that.
4. Super Mario Sunshine - Corona Mountain For once, not even a contest. The heat of the level seeps into me as I listen to this song. This is one case where I feel the atmosphere will win out over the actual feel of the song.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

ThePirateCaptain
KarrotMan

1) Super Mario Galaxy - Bowser's Galaxy Reactor (Just gives off a Grand and epic tone)
2) Mega Man 4 - Dr. Cossack Citadel 2 (This is just as good as the MM2 Fortress theme while adding in its own Russian flare)
3) Mega Ma 10 - Wily Stage 1 (This just may very well be my favorite MM Fortress theme, it is oh so wonderfully composed)
4) Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Launch Base Zone (Act 1) (Not even a contest. Didn't think much of Death mountain anyway.)

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

PrincessSugoi

1. Mario and Luigi Dream Team- Neo Bowser Castle (Dang, this one was hard. Both are really good setting the tone but in different ways. For tonight, I think I prefer Neo Bowser's way)
2. Mega Man 4- Dr. Cossack (Stage 2) (Another good pair. Something about MM's music just gets the blood pumping every time)
3. Mega Man 10- Wily Stage 1 (Again, two good tracks but there's just something about that MM music...)
4. Sonic The Hedgehog 3- Launch Base Zone (Act 1) (the only 'no-contest' of this round )

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

8BitSamurai

PrincessSugoi wrote:

1. Mario and Luigi Dream Team- Neo Bowser Castle (Dang, this one was hard. Both are really good setting the tone but in different ways. For tonight, I think I prefer Neo Bowser's way)
2. Mega Man 4- Dr. Cossack (Stage 2) (Another good pair. Something about MM's music just gets the blood pumping every time)
3. Mega Man 10- Wily Stage 1 (Again, two good tracks but there's just something about that MM music...)
4. Sonic The Hedgehog 3- Launch Base Zone (Act 1) (the only 'no-contest' of this round )

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

MasterWario

1) Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Neo Bowser Castle - Super Mario Galaxy is good but this one is so...foreboding! <3 If only I could get myself to beat this game!
2) Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest - Krook's March - Can't help myself with the DKC2. Just can't. MM one catchy for sure, but a little bland for my tastes.
I have no solid conviction for the other two as of now. Geez some of these choices are pretty tough.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

DreamyViridi

1) Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Neo Bowser Castle
2) Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest - Krook's March
3) Mega Man 10 - Wily Stage 1
4) Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Launch Base Zone (Act 1)

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

UGXwolf

1. Super Mario Galaxy - Bowser's Galaxy Reactor This is a tough one. I really think both songs are great final level themes, but Galaxy blends so well the light-hearted music the series is known for with the heavy dark tones that mark a great enemy territory theme. I really love both of these pieces, however, and it should be stated that somewhere else on the roster, Neo Bowser Castle may have done extremely well.
2. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest - Krook's March Oh, here we go. This is one I see going a long, LONG way. It's almost unfair to Dr. Cossack's Stage to put these two against each other. It's a good theme, and Mega Man does some incredible things with the NES musical limitations, but there's no getting around it. Krook's March is just the better of the two. I can't even come up with an argument for Mega Man 4's case.
3. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - Hooktail's Castle This is a tough one. These are both great songs for their own reasons and suit their respective levels very well. Even so, I can see Hooktail's Castle working in far more situations than Wily Stage 1. I have to give it to Paper Mario for having the better all-rounder, this time.
4. The Legend of Zelda - Death Mountain Ok, so here's an example of a match up that is bound to end in tears. Death Mountain starts up slow and does very little, even with its given limitations, but Launch Base Zone just doesn't sound anything like an enemy base. Death Mountain objectively fits the category better, so I have to give it the point, even if Launch Base is the better song.

In hindsight, this is a stellar round, with the exception of bracket H, which is possibly one of the weakest ones we'll see, in this tournament. I can see any of the first six going on to Round 4. Well, except for Thousand Year Door, but that's because it looks like that one's about to get eliminated, and not because it's not good.

Edited on by UGXwolf

Geonjaha

1) Super Mario Galaxy - Bowser's Galaxy Reactor
2) Mega Man 4 - Dr. Cossack (Stage 2)
3) Mega Man 10 - Wily Stage 1
4) Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Launch Base Zone (Act 1)

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

GamecubeMan

1) Mario and Luigi Dream Team - Neo Bowser Castle It would be stupid if Galaxy 1 and 2 ended up making it to finals. Also, this track gives off the darkest feeling I have ever felt from a Bowser Base theme.
2) Mega Man 4 - Dr Cossack(Stage 2) As expected Mega Man will dominate in this tourney
3) Mega Man 10 - Wily Stage 1 *kisses first nomination goodbye *
4) The Legend of Zelda - Death Mountain Hey.... if I didnt know better.... nah it couldn't be...

Edited on by GamecubeMan

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

UGXwolf

I dunno, I really just don't feel like Dr. Cossack's theme is even remotely as bad guy-ish as Krook's March.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.