Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Farewell

Posts 2,321 to 2,340 of 2,988

ThePirateCaptain

Alright guys, I just counted up the songs we have so far and ended up with 50. We're already pretty far past the 32 nomination bracket, so at this point I'd say we should just aim for 64. If anyone has any extra songs they'd like to nominate, go ahead even if you're already picked four.

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

MasterWario

If we are in need of more, I have many:

Trine - Tower of Sarek
SMS - Corona Mountain
FireRed - Team Rocket's Hideout - if someone knows a higher quality version that's probably better
Black and White - N's Castle
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 Temporal Tower

If we end up with extra just kick some (or all) of these out.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Captain_Toad

Mega Man X8 (Sigma's Palace) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywEkigLCnxg&list=FLs3WpdxI...
Kid Icarus Uprising (Chapter 9 Underworld Castle) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNtVDfm5N88
Sonic and the Secret Rings (Night Palace) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZEUTFjrkxc
Baten Kaitos eternal Wings (Feudal Guardian) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuRJc3sMosU&list=PL68E09FB...

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

MasterWario

UGXwolf wrote:

By my count, that's 68 songs.

Did you count the duplicates? there are a few.
If such is the case, just remove some of those from my second post. I can edit it if you want.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My Pushmo Levels

UGXwolf

I don't know where the duplicates are, since I didn't take down all of the songs. I just counted the new ones since Cap'n Pancakes made a comment about it and added that to 50.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

ThePirateCaptain

I'll add up everything tomorrow

If you haven't already, go check out the Special Tournament thread where we're having a Best Mario Kart Theme tournament. We could use some extra nominations, so feel free to add some.

ThePirateCaptain

UGXwolf

After a recount, we're still one or two or three short.

As such, I'm adding:

Donkey Kong 64 - Hideout Helm 1

(The video calls is 2, but it's actually 1. I'm adding this because I feel that it's a better DK64 rep than the slower theme.)

If that doesn't count, or you can only justify one Hideout Helm on the list, then I'll also add this:

Donkey Kong Country - Fear Factory

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

ThePirateCaptain

We are officially at 64 songs now, so we're ready to go. I had to leave a few songs out to stay under our max, so I apologize if one of yours did not make the final cut. The first round will be tomorrow.

ThePirateCaptain

MasterWario

It looks like there are two Castle Bleck's, J-29 and AF-43

Edited on by MasterWario

My Pushmo Levels

ThePirateCaptain

Sorry I'm a day late. Between being out all day yesterday and the massive snowstorm that just hit, I've been kinda busy. If anyone wants to request any changes to the bracket, just let me know before the next round. As for Double Eliminations, I've decided not to do it for this tournament, as we already have 64 songs and I feel like it would take too long. I am doing it over on the Special Tournament thread however, so we'll see how things turn out. With tiebreakers, if we can't get a vote to break the tie, I'll just use a random dice roll to decide the winner.

With all that out of the way, let the tournament commence!
Here is a link to the current bracket
Here is a link to the Best Mario Kart Theme Tournament

1) Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Bowser's Galaxy Generator vs. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Hyrule Castle Tower

2) Pokemon FireRed / LeafGreen - Team Rocket's Hideout vs. Sonic & Knuckles - Death Egg Act 1

3) Sonic and the Secret Rings - Night Palace(Unawakening Float) vs. Donkey Kong 64 - Hideout Helm 2

4) Super Mario Sunshine - Corona Mountain vs. Paper Mario - Siege on Bowser's Castle

ThePirateCaptain

Geonjaha

1) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Hyrule Castle Tower
2) Pokemon FireRed / LeafGreen - Team Rocket's Hideout
3) Donkey Kong 64 - Hideout Helm 2
4) Paper Mario - Siege on Bowser's Castle

None of these songs stood out as particularly good, but only the last one was close.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

MasterWario

1) Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Bowser's Galaxy Generator
2) Pokemon FireRed / LeafGreen - Team Rocket's Hideout

My Pushmo Levels

DreamyViridi

1) Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Bowser's Galaxy Generator
2) Sonic & Knuckles - Death Egg Act 1

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.