Showing 181 to 200 of 2,658
181. Posted: Sat 26th Jan 2013 03:35 GMT
Am I the only one who likes the 3D version of the Cave Story theme better?
Ah well. Running Hell from 3D is among my favorite tracks of all time. So whatever.
1. Cave Story 3D
(Neither of the songs in the second battle spoke to me much... I feel out of place.)
Edited on Sun 27th January, 2013 @ 03:30 by TysonOfTime
Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime
182. Posted: Sat 26th Jan 2013 03:48 GMT
1. Cave Story
2. Fire Emblem
I would've preferred another version of the FE theme, though...
Backloggery | Now Playing
183. Posted: Sat 26th Jan 2013 15:46 GMT
I feel sorry for the poor fella so I'll give my vote to
It's good, but I feel like it would need an orchestra to fully make justice to it. Still, I prefer it over the Final fight one.
Currently on the plate: Zero Escape – Virtues Last Reward
Deus Ex: Human Revolution – DC
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Waiting to be devoured:
Mario & Luigi Dream Team
Far Cry 3
Tons of Steam-games
3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129 | Nintendo Network ID: Soon
184. Posted: Sat 26th Jan 2013 17:17 GMT
Double Dragon=/= Final Fight.
Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"
185. Posted: Sun 27th Jan 2013 03:30 GMT
Whoops. How'd I get that mixed up?
186. Posted: Sun 27th Jan 2013 03:39 GMT
I just want to post this for everyone's listening pleasure.
187. Posted: Mon 28th Jan 2013 15:00 GMT
Cave Story 3D wins 19-2
Fire Emblem wins 12-9
Well some people don't have a sense of humor or Crazy Bus would have won but I digress. We have a good mix of songs for today and i'll be eager to see which ones come out on top.
Here is a link to the current bracket
1) Journey to Silius vs. Terranigma
2) The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass vs. Fire Emblem Theme (Opera Version)
Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.
3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes
188. Posted: Mon 28th Jan 2013 15:16 GMT
1. Journey to Silius
It just might be one of the best NES themes I've ever heard.
2. Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
As far as I know, the Fire Emblem Opera is not menu theme. If anyone can prove me wrong my vote will defenately change.
@CapnPancakes I actually wouldn't add remakes but I do understand your reasoning. I disliked the Kid Icarus theme for that reason, however you can use it as menu music, but not default menu music.
Edited on Mon 28th January, 2013 @ 15:26 by Kyloctopus
Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!
3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus
189. Posted: Mon 28th Jan 2013 15:17 GMT
1) Journey to Silas (I don't know, something just clicked with me on that one.)
2) (To be HONEST, I didn't really enjoy either...)
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!
3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala
190. Posted: Mon 28th Jan 2013 15:22 GMT
The Fire Emblem Opera them isn't technically a title theme, but rather an opera version of the Fire Emblem theme. We don't usually have remixes or songs not directly from games, but I don't like being to strict about that stuff so I allowed it just like the Kid Icarus theme from Brawl.
191. Posted: Mon 28th Jan 2013 15:56 GMT
2. Fire Emblem Opera Version
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
Join NintyOnline Forums!
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero
192. Posted: Mon 28th Jan 2013 16:04 GMT
1.Terranigma , now one of my favorites
2.Phantom Hourglass, it screams great sea. I had no choice but to pick it.
I am currently playing Super metroid, Most wanted U, Runner 2, and Darksiders 2.
Currently reading Magi, Soul Eater, 07 ghost, Area no kishi, and Pandora's Heart
"Let us see the difference of power. Realize the absolute disparity! Indignant Judgment!"
pkmn black 2 fc: 4814 4862 8046
Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees
193. Posted: Mon 28th Jan 2013 16:09 GMT
1. Terranigma - The sound and feel of this song reminded me ALttP and Chrono Trigger. It just has that epic SNES sound to it.
2. Phantom Hourglass - Fire Emblem sounds great, but PH was my first Zelda game. This song brings back great memories.
Edited on Mon 28th January, 2013 @ 16:09 by True_Hero
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill
3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero
194. Posted: Mon 28th Jan 2013 16:13 GMT
Tough vote but:
1. Terranigma - The JoS one is great, but that haunting melody from Terranigma sent chills down my spine.
2. Phantom Hourglass wins by default. The other one is a remix, so I won't vote for it.
195. Posted: Mon 28th Jan 2013 16:35 GMT
1) Journey to Silius
196. Posted: Mon 28th Jan 2013 21:05 GMT
1) Journey to Silius
2) The Legend of Zelda: Phanton Hourglass
About why I put down the SSBB Kid Icarus Title Theme; here's the original version. I wanted to put in the SSBB version because the first 13 seconds of the original kill your ears, after that it's great.
Edited on Mon 28th January, 2013 @ 21:09 by DashChargedShot
8 Bit Forward, a new forum with articles and review along with (duh!) a fun and friendly community of people!
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi.
"Yes, people can often be so blinded by their own motivations that they lose sight of the damage they do."
3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash
197. Posted: Mon 28th Jan 2013 21:09 GMT
1) Journey to Silius
This for me.
There are only a few slow paced songs I enjoy over fast paced ones, so naturally Journey to Sillus is my pick.
198. Posted: Mon 28th Jan 2013 21:19 GMT
1) Journey to Silius
2) The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
It's hard choosing between LOZ and Fire Emblem.
"Come and get me loser! Spankety Spankety Spankety!" -Pokey
"Yesno It is isn't." -Moonsidian
"Shoot! I missed!" - Loid/Lloyd
Fobbies are... Borange!
Nintendo Network ID: The-Ness
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Recently played: Sonic The Hedgehog (IOS)
199. Posted: Mon 28th Jan 2013 21:55 GMT
Double Dragon lost...
1. Journey to Silius
Such a great NES tune! What I really like about its theme is the fact that it gets you pumped to play the game, which I think is a very important aspect of title screen music. Terranigma's title theme is beautiful, so this was a hard decision.
2. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Like the two Pokemon themes, I'm not going to support how we have basically two of the same themes. We just voted on a Fire Emblem song, so I don't think we need two versions of the same thing. Not to mention, that's a great theme from Phantom Hourglass.
Also...that Fire Emblem theme isn't even a title screen to any game in the series.
Edited on Mon 28th January, 2013 @ 22:04 by Emaan
I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰
3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann
200. Posted: Mon 28th Jan 2013 22:11 GMT
This game has a great soundtrack and it's a shame it wasn't released on Western shores. That doesn't mean we can't appreciate its fantastic soundtrack though. This song is very haunting, lonely, and emotional and I quite enjoy it.
2. Fire Emblem (Opera Version)
I prefer this spectacular opera version of the song to the previous one which is why it gets my vote.