Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Farewell

Posts 1,601 to 1,620 of 2,988

DreamyViridi

1. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - Vs. Lucas Lee
2. Legend of the Dragoon - Boss Theme
3. Kid Icarus: Uprising - Boss Theme 1
4. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Boss Theme (Mega Man has better boss themes than 2's)

Aw, I noticed my Sonic the Fighters nomination didn't make it in. Knew I should've changed that one...

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Crazybrain1

Link-Hero wrote:

1) Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - Vs. Lucas Lee
2) Legend of the Dragoon - Boss Theme
3) Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Emperor Ing Phase 2
4) The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Boss Theme

Do you truly look at things positively? For example, do you look at the glass like it's always full? (Half water, half air.) Or when someone "lets the cat out of the bag," do you think it's because the person felt sorry for the cat stuck in the bag? There is a positive side to almost everythin...

ThePirateCaptain

@LuigiMan
Sorry about that, but I think it was too much of a stretch.

@Jeremy
Yes, the schedule will be the same as the last tournament. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays will be the days I update the special tournament as well.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

SomeBitTripFan

@CapnPancakes : I don't know if you can, but are you able to change the participants in the bracket? I forgot to edit my second set of nominations and would have prefered to have Crash Twinsanity - Rusty Walrus instead of Twilight Princess - Blizzeta (#111). If you can change this, would you be willing to? If not, I'm not unhappy in any way.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

ClockworkMario

1) Scott Pilgrim
2)Legend of Dragoon
3)Metroid Prime 2
4)TLoZ: Majora's Mask

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

Captain_Toad

Kid Icarus Uprising Boss Theme (There's nothing better to than to hear this track. It says to you. "Yo boss, It's you and me and I going to take you down! I'M GOING TO TAKE YOU DAAAWWNNNN!")

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

FonistofCruxis

1. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - Skate or Live (Vs. Lucas Lee)
Skate or Live is a great boss theme and while I don't think it's quite as good as Primal Diagla, that's a final boss theme so it shouldn't be in this tournament.
2. Legend of Dragoon - Boss theme
That lacklustre DQV boss theme has nothing on this rockin' boss theme.
3. Kid Icarus: Uprisising - Boss theme 1
4. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Boss theme

Ihsoy

Starring Wario was my favorite nomination and it didn't make it. Could I switch it out with my nomination of the Pikmin 2 boss theme?

Edited on by Ihsoy

"Do a barrel roll" Peppy, Star Fox 64

8BitSamurai

1. SP vs The World - Skate or Live
2. Legend of Dragoon - Boss theme
3. Kid Icarus: Uprising - Boss theme 1
4. Mega Man 2 Boss theme

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

ThePirateCaptain

@BitTrip
Sure thing, it's already done.

@Ihsoy
Starring Wario is in the tourney, did you want to switch it out for the Pikmin 2 Boss Theme?

Scott Pilgrim wins 14-1
Legend of Dragoon wins 12-4
Kid Icarus: Uprising wins - 10-6
Majora's Mask wins 11-5

Well I think this tournament has started out well, but we still have a long road to the finals. This is the biggest tourney we've done yet, and it shall be glorious.
Here is a link to the current bracket
Here is a link to the special tournament

1) The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Tentalus/Scaldera vs. Final Fantasy IX - Boss Theme

2) Chrono Trigger - Battle With Magus vs. Secret of Evermore - Mini Boss Theme

3) Phantasy Star 4 - Zio and Lashiec vs. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Ghirahim Battle Theme

4) Sonic Generations - Perfect Chaos vs. Final Fantasy V - Clash on the Big Bridge

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

RevolverLink

1) The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Scaldera/Tentalus - FFIX has one of my favorite game OSTs of all time, but I've always been lukewarm on the main boss theme.
2) Chrono Trigger - Battle with Magus
3) Phantasy Star IV - Zio and Lashiec - By far my toughest choice of the group; I really could've swung either way. And I have to say, I honestly didn't remember liking Skyward Sword's music as much as I just enjoyed listening the two SS tracks that have been featured today. I guess I'll have to give that soundtrack another listen soon.
4) Final Fantasy V - Clash on the Big Bridge - It's probably my favorite battle theme of any kind, ever.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

BandG

The Adjudicator, and Gwyn Lord of Cinder's themes from Demon's and Dark Souls. Also King Dedede's theme of course.
[youtube:mLBybw-IJ5U] Epic and Beautiful
[youtube:NIAQY2xwXPc] creepy, and playful
[youtube:onC4yvbmiN0] (all Dedede's themes!) classic, and intense

Edited on by BandG

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

8BitSamurai

I'm assuming there's no rule for the nominator voting on his own.

1) Final Fantasy IX - Boss theme
2) Chrono Trigger - Battle with Magus ( @CapnPancakes It's actually Magus, not Magnus. Not a big deal, though.)
3) The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Ghirahim Battle Theme
4) Sonic Generations - Perfect Chaos

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Jeremyx7

1.) TLOZ: Skyward Sword - Tentalus/Scaldera > The mood in the music notes is much more potent which is what I enjoy more in a boss theme but FFIX is a good theme too.

2.) Chrono Trigger - Battle with Magus > Great Track as well as the other one. It's just this one was a good amount longer.

3.) TLOZ: Skyward Sword - Ghirahim Theme > Fantastic theme imho. I really see no comparison here.

4.) FFV - Clash on the Big Bridge > Good stuff.

@CapnPancakes btw I noticed on the Challonge brackets website you advanced MP2: Emperor Ing theme instead of the winner Kid Icarus Uprising Boss Theme 1..... >_> just thought I let ya know :3

Edited on by Jeremyx7

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

Tasuki

@BandG: Sorry man nominations are over. You are going to have to wait till next tournament.

Ok here is my picks

1. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Scaldera/Tentalus
2. Chrono Trigger - Battle with Magus
3. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Ghirahim Battle Theme
4. Final Fantasy V

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

FriedSquid

Oops, sorry I forgot to vote for the last round! I hadn't even noticed that the voting had started, for some reason sometimes the site will load the thread on the second to newest page of it (at least for me). Anyways, looks like I was in time for good songs.

@BandG : Hey sorry man, we're not accepting nominations anymore. (EDIT: Ninja'd, you get the point )

1. Skyward Sword - Scaldera/Tentalus
FF9's was a little meh, but honestly neither were very spectacular.

2. Chrono Trigger - Battle with Magus
Sorry but the other one bored me.

3. Skyward Sword - Battle Ghirahim
Both of these are good, but I feel like the other one had just too much going on for me, if that makes sense.

4. Sonic Generations - Perfect Chaos
I like both pretty equally... but I think since I nominated this one I feel slightly obligated to vote for it.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

e-love

1. Final Fantasy IX - Boss Theme
Both are very repetitive, but for some reason I liked this one better.

2. Secret of Evermore - Mini Boss Theme
While I was expecting a Chrono Trigger track to take my interest, somehow I find the other option to be much more atmospheric and compelling.

3. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Ghirahim Battle
This theme fills my heart with rainbows

4. Final Fantasy V - Clash on the Big Bridge
I just don't ever see the appeal of the rock / singer Sonic themes, maybe it's just me D:

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

SomeBitTripFan

Final Fantasy IX - Boss Theme
Secret of Evermore - Mini Boss Theme
Phantasy Star IV - Zio and Lashiec
Final Fantasy V - Clash on the Big Bridge

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

iwanttodie

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND ...

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

Ihsoy

Sorry, I was looking for the song title instead of the game, so I couldn't find it. Disregard my earlier comment.

"Do a barrel roll" Peppy, Star Fox 64

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.