General Discussion Forum

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best Final Boss Theme (Second Round)

Showing 1,261 to 1,280 of 2,897

AuthorMessage

Jeremyx7

1,261. Posted:

Going back on topic from this point on now.

I must say this line up of songs is one of my favorite lists of songs so far. :D

Edited on by Jeremyx7

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,262. Posted:

@Jeremyx7

You were getting all defensive and we're only just playing around, that's why I said none of us are offended.

Anyways, for the sake of this thread- I'm deleting my posts. I might suggest you do as well just to clean things up a bit o:

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,263. Posted:

Jeremyx7 wrote:

@CapnPancakes
But instead only gave a strong opinion on what I believe to be bad taste in music for not recognizing a song of a much higher caliber(IMO).

That's the main point I was trying to convey. I would ask that you refrain from making comments such as these. Like I have said before, it's alright if you like the song and believe that it's better, but that's your opinion and others may not share it. Feel free to comment on what you like about a certain track, but try not to add an insult like calling other's taste in music bad. That's all I have to say because like @True_Hero said, this thread is supposed to be drama free, so let's all try to get along.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,264. Posted:

1. Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - Bloodlines
This is an awesome song and probably the best of this line-up.
2. Paper Mario: Sticker Star - Blue Skies, White Clouds
Both songs are good but I like this one more.
3. Solatorobo: Red the Hunter - Another Morning
A great song, certainly better than the average Star Wars song.

@Jeremyx7 The vote I made in the third current match-up was because I genuinely prefer the Solatorobo song and although the Star Wars song had a great start, overall I think it was pretty average and I'm sure everyone else who voted for the Solatorobo song chose it because they preferred it too rather than choosing it to spite you.

However, I'm glad that your song isn't winning because of your attitude. By saying that anyone who doesn't vote for the song you love has an awful taste in music is basically saying that your opinion is absolute and that the opinion of anyone who disagrees with you is worthless. It's fine to have a strong opinion, positive or negative on the songs themselves but there is no need to say anything about the other users that are voting in this tournament.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Jeremyx7

1,265. Posted:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

However, I'm glad that your song isn't winning because of your attitude. By saying that anyone who doesn't vote for the song you love has an awful taste in music is basically saying that your opinion is absolute and that the opinion of anyone who disagrees with you is worthless. It's fine to have a strong opinion, positive or negative on the songs themselves but there is no need to say anything about the other users that are voting in this tournament.

I really and truthfully respect your opinion for liking a song that is imo of lesser caliber. It's a really good tune no doubt. So your opinion is not worthless to me just not as important to me if that makes sense. As far as you being glad my song is losing because of my earlier comments...that's a bit silly. This is a tourney about purely music, not about who nominated the music and what they may ever say or don't say.

I hope we can all come to an agreement to move on now and that we've all said enough about my earlier comments.

Edited on by Jeremyx7

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

AuthorMessage

Squid

1,266. Posted:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

Yeah, this. When it was my Banjo Kazooie song (which is one of my favorites) vs. the Rhythm Heaven song, I was a bit upset that everyone else was voting for Rhythm Heaven, but I never thought that everyone else had bad taste. I hated the other song, but everyone else liked it, and so that's that. I understand it an be hard, because when no one votes for a song you like, I guess it's just because you're upset that they didn't enjoy the song as much you did (at least that was my case). But it's no reason to call others' tastes bad. Ecch, let's just go back to how the thread was, and let's all just be considerate of each other's opinions.

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

1,267. Posted:

1. Castlevania Rondo of Blood: I really like the Mario song, but this one was great
2. Paper Mario: Sticker Star: Both were good, but this song makes me want to dress up as Mario and walk around the streets of new york city city (which I did many times before) and also this song was catchy.
3. Solatorobo: Red the Hunter: I preferred this song over the star wars song (Also, I still need to get this game)

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,268. Posted:

Castlevania wins 10-5
Paper Maio wins 10-5
Solatorobo wins 12-3

@All
A while ago I asked you all how you would like it if we had a thread for special tournaments. I thought it was about time to let you know what's going on with that. I've decided that it's something I'd like to at least try, but I don't think i'd start it until this tourney is finished. If someone wants to volunteer to help manage that tourney, then we could start it pretty soon, but otherwise it won't start until this tournament is finished.

Well that was an exciting round if I do say so myself. We're making pretty good progress through the bracket though.
Here is a link to the current bracket

1) Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Emerald Hill Zone vs. Mega Man Xtreme 2 - Reploid Factory

2) Kirby's Dream Land - Green Greens vs. Donkey Kong Country Returns - Jungle Hijinx

3) Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Sky Station Galaxy vs. Final Fantasy VII - Bombing Mission

The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.

AuthorMessage

Wonder_Ideal

1,269. Posted:

1. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Emerald Hill Zone: Emerald Hill has an infectious beat and a lot of energy.
2. Kirby's Dreamland - Green Greens: Green Greens is a catchy little song with a lot of memories for me. Jungle Hijinx is great, but more enjoyable when you are playing the level with the song.
3. Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Sky Station Galaxy: As I've said before, I would have nominated this song if someone hadn't beaten me to it.

Edited on by Wonder_Ideal

Boom. Backlog.
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
Join NintyOnline Forums!
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,270. Posted:

1) Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Emerald Hill Zone
Reploid factory has that epic tone and while I think it's better than the original X2's intro stage, Emerald hills zone is another oe of those great Sonic themes. It's not as memorable as Green Hills zone, but it's better suited as a first stage track than Reploid Factory.

2) Kirby's Dream Land - Green Greens
Not that Jungle Hijinx is a bad theme, but I'm not as fond of it as most others are. Besides, Green Greens is one of the happiest and catchiest tunes I've ever heard.

3) Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Sky Station Galaxy
Easy choice. Bombing Mission is a good theme but darn the Galaxy tunes are a pure joy to listen to.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

1,271. Posted:

1) Mega Man Xtreme 2 - Reploid Factory

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

1,272. Posted:

1) Mega Man X
2) Donkey Kong Country Returns
3) Final Fantasy Vlll

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,273. Posted:

1. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Emerald Hill Zone
This theme is no Green Hill Zone, but it's pretty great nonetheless.

2. Kirby's Dream Land - Green Greens
So happy sounding~ I enjoyed listening to both.

3. Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Sky Station Galaxy
I love the way Final Fantasy VII opens, and the music is outstanding. It sets the perfect tone and it really starts everything out with a lot of excitement and energy. But Galaxy 2's first level theme is just soooo good o:

Edited on by Emaan

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,274. Posted:

This was a really tough one for me because I really like the Mega Man song. In the end I think Emerald Hill is []slightly[] better though.

2. Kirby's Dream Land - Green Greens
Jungle Hijinx is a great song, but this one is a bit more energetic and suits the first level quite nicely.

No contest here, this song is just masterful.

The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.

AuthorMessage

Link-Hero

1,275. Posted:

1) Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Emerald Hill Zone

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,276. Posted:

Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Kirby's Dreamland
Super Mario Galaxy 2

@CapnPancakes: Might I suggest that next tournament have people nominate throught a PM on Backloggery. That way only you know who nominates what song and honestly if someone is going to through a hissy fit over their song not winning perhaps than that song should be disqualified.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Squid

1,277. Posted:

Aaahh, this song... I quite enjoyed the Mega Man song, but this song has always just been one of my favorite retro Sonic songs.

2. Donkey Kong Country Returns - Jungle Hijinx
I can't really explain why I like this one more... It just has an exciting vibe to it after a while, like there's something mysterious to be revealed or more to explore. Ehhhh?

This is so well-done for a first level theme. It is adventurous and makes you get excited for the adventure you're about to have. It just speaks volumes of embarking on a journey. Not to mention, it's called Sky Station. When I think of that, I think of trains, and then I think of traveling, and going forward to a new place. I dunno, it just... is really good for a first level theme. Really good. Really good. :O

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

Void

1,278. Posted:

1) Mega Man Xtreme 2 - Reploid Factory

2) Kirby's Dream Land - Green Greens.
It's just so cute. :*

3) Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Sky Station Galaxy.
It wasn't hard to decide.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage

Jeremyx7

1,279. Posted:

1.) Sonic 2: Emerald Hill Zone - As far as actual musical notes and overall soundtrack, I find 'reploid factory' excelling in those two areas. The reason I picked 'Emerald Hill Zone' however is because the gameboy color version for 'reploid factory' is the lower sound quality version. Had it been the original quality I would've chosen the other no doubt without hesitation. But that's not to say I don't enjoy 'Emerald Hill Zone' because I do.

2.) DKCR: Jungle Hijinx - Pretty tough decision for me at first because both are great in their own completely different sounding ways. I love 'green greens' hectic harmonies melody but it ends to quickly. Jungle Hijinx on the other hand has such a great build up throughout and does not end/loop abruptly like 'green greens' but rather nearly 3 times as long with actual on going notes. Simply has more depth.

3.) SMG2: Sky Station Galaxy - I really do like the FFIIV song.....and I would like it more in orchestrated form but sadly it's not. Maybe than it would be a tough decision for me this round but in this format it's not.

Edited on by Jeremyx7

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,280. Posted:

@Tasuki
While that is a nice idea, not everyone here has a Backloggery account so i'm not sure that would work. This is a thread on NL so I think it should be kept open to anyone who wants to participate. If you really want the nominations to be anonymous, we could probably work something out, but for now I think it's fine the way it is.

The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.