General Discussion Forum

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best Credits Theme (First Round)

Showing 1,241 to 1,260 of 3,138

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link-Hero

1,241. Posted:

1) Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - Bloodlines
2) Paper Mario: Sticker Star - Blue Skies, White Clouds
3) Solatorobo: Red the Hunter - Another Morning

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wonder_Ideal

1,242. Posted:

1. Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - Bloodlines: This song had more energy than NSMBU's theme.
2. Paper Mario: Sticker Star - Very catchy.
3. Solatorobo: Red the Hunter - Another Morning: While Another Morning is pretty short, I overall liked it more than KotOR's theme.

Mesaloggery
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Void

1,243. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

:P

ADMIT IT. :P YOU DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE UNTIL I TOLD YOU. :P

1) Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - Bloodlines.
I really like this song.

2) The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Train Training.
It was pretty hard to decide between these.

3) Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Endar Spire.
I'd say this round had 6 pretty good songs.

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jeremyx7

1,244. Posted:

1.) Castlevania: Bloodlines - I really enjoy listening to SMBU 'overworld' theme but 'bloodlines' is just more inspirational sounding.

2.) LoZ ST: Train Training - Blue Skies is a fun nice tune. Train Training however is all kinds of wonderful, adventurous, tranquil vibes attached to it.

3.) Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic: Endar Spire - This track alone is one of the best sounding openings in video game history. ESPECIALLY against Solatorobo's 'another morning'. Not that the other song is bad, I actually like it allot. But 'Endar Spire' has all kinds of masterfully orchestrated musical notes & powerful emotional tension which really sets the tone for the entire game throughout. The same cannot be said for most video game openings. If this does not win this round than I will know that the people here on these forums have awful tastes in music. Either that or they simply did not listen to the entire track.

Edited on by Jeremyx7

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapnPancakes

1,245. Posted:

@Void
No, I hadn't really been paying attention to that so thanks for pointing that out. I don;t even know what round this is to be honest; with combined brackets and 96 songs and all that jazz.

@Jeremy
I can respect the fact that you really like the songs you nominated and you want to encourage others to vote for them, however, I don't like the fact that you seem aggressive and saying people have a bad taste in music just because they don't vote for your song is childish. This whole tournament is just for fun, nobody wins anything, there's no special prize, so take it for what it is, fun, and just enjoy the music.

1. New Super Mario Bros. U - Overworld
The Castlevania song is great, but this theme is very laid back and peaceful. It deserves at least one vote.

2. Paper Mario: Sticker Star
If it wasn't apparent by now, I really love this game's soundtrack. It's so jazzy and fun :*

3. Solatorobo: Red the Hunter - Another Morning
I picked this song because I think gives off the feel of the beginning of a grand adventure and I really like it.

Edited on by CapnPancakes

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

1,246. Posted:

Gotta say I am confused about the bracket

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

1,247. Posted:

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
KotR: Endar Spire

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OracleOfTruth

1,248. Posted:

1) Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - Bloodlines - I was really impressed with this song. It's got an excellent retro, SEGA-y vibe that I just love.

2) Paper Mario: Sticker Star - Blue Skies, White Clouds - A very nice, jazzy beginning theme. Very fitting for the game. The Spirit Tracks song was good, but it didn't quite do it for me. I feel like the music (and adventure) really hit its stride once you hear the over world music.

3) Solatorobo: Red the Hunter - Another Morning - KoTOR had a good song with that Star Wars vibe, but it didn't sound particularly like a beginning piece. Another Morning, however, contains a feeling of pure brightness and optimism that lets you know you're in for a great adventure.

Edited on by OracleOfTruth

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Intrepid

1,249. Posted:

1. New Super Mario Bros. U - Overworld
2. Paper Mario Sticker Star - Blur Skies, White Clouds
3. Solatorobo: Red the Hunter - Another Morning

Support the localization of Ace Attorney Investigations 2!
My Zeldaloggery
Diehard Accel World fan! Check it out here.
“Incarnation isn’t about desire! It’s about hope!” – Haruyuki Arita

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ClockworkMario

1,250. Posted:

1)NSMBU: Overworld

2)Spirit Tracks Train training

3)Solatorobo

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129 | Nintendo Network ID: Soon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DreamyViridi

1,251. Posted:

1. New Super Mario Bros. U - Overworld
2. Paper Mario: Sticker Star - Blue Skies, White Clouds
3. Solatorobo: Red the Hunter - Another Morning

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Squid

1,252. Posted:

1. Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - Bloodlines

2. Paper Mario: Sticker Star - Blue Skies, White Clouds

3. Solatorobo: Red the Hunter - Another Morning
Apparently I have awful taste in music.

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wonder_Ideal

1,253. Posted:

@CaptainSquid - Welcome to the club.

Mesaloggery
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

1,254. Posted:

1. New Super Mario Bros. U - Overworld
The Castlevania tune started out great, but I have to go with Mario- it's very catchy and relaxing~

2. Paper Mario: Sticker Star - Blue Skies, White Clouds
Difficult decision for me, I really enjoyed both.

3. Solatorobo: Red the Hunter - Another Morning
This was beautiful (I must have a terrible taste in music for liking this I guess) >:3

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

1,255. Posted:

1) Castlevania Rondo of Blood
2) Spirit Tracks
3) StarWars KOTOR

@Jeremyx7
I have learned that whenever you say you really like a song, everyone else will just vote against you for the heck of it, so I am not going to be in that norm and I will vote for it, not to mention the StarWars song is way better anyway....

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

1,256. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

@Jeremyx7
I have learned that whenever you say you really like a song, everyone else will just vote against you for the heck of it, so I am not going to be in that norm and I will vote for it, not to mention the StarWars song is way better anyway....

OR you know, there's a slight possibility that some of us just like the other song better. Just a thought.

Some of you yes. But it is no coincidence when someone like @Jeremyx7 says they really like a song and then suddenly after that nearly no one votes for it... yeah....

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jeremyx7

1,257. Posted:

@CapnPancakes I fail to see how speaking one's mind is aggressive and/or childish. Now if I started to disrespect people by calling them names or looking down on them just because of a fun little tourney than yeah I can see where you would've been valid in saying I was childish. But I did not disrespect anyone here at all but instead only gave a strong opinion on what I believe to be bad taste in music for not recognizing a song of a much higher caliber(IMO).

My intentional comments were not meant to offend anyone but only to speak my mind. If you still feel I was being 'childish' well than I'm sorry you feel that way. With all that being said my comments still stands.

@CaptainSquid & Emaan Hey, If you genuinely love having what I consider to be a lack of musical taste that's fine by me, just don't take my opinions personally.

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jeremyx7

1,258. Posted:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

1) Castlevania Rondo of Blood
2) Spirit Tracks
3) StarWars KOTOR

@Jeremyx7
I have learned that whenever you say you really like a song, everyone else will just vote against you for the heck of it, so I am not going to be in that norm and I will vote for it, not to mention the StarWars song is way better anyway....

Truth, all of it, and yes it does seem to be the trend for many to be opposite just to be opposite. I will always speak my mind truthfully no matter the trend.

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OracleOfTruth

1,259. Posted:

Really guys. This is just petty. Please stop accusing others of trying to spite you because they didn't vote for a SONG. Honestly, I like this thread because it's fun and relatively drama free. Let's try to keep it that way and stop with the conspiracy theories. ;)

Also, there is a difference between fact and opinion. Just saying.

Edited on by OracleOfTruth

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jeremyx7

1,260. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

@Jeremyx7

Does it look like anyone is offended or freaking out? Speaking for myself, I saw @CaptainSquid's comment and thought it was funny so I added to it. I just think its entertaining to play off of what you said.

Also, there's a difference between stating your opinion and being condescending of others. Moving on. :P

Did I say anyone was offended or freaking out? No. I said what I said specifically for capnpancakes in case he was offended because he specifically said 'I don't like the fact that you seem aggressive'. So I'm not sure what you're getting at.

If you really feel I was being condescending of others than you are in fact offended even if only a little.

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7