Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Farewell

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 2,988

KarrotMan

1) Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - The Wind is Blowing at Cavi Cape
T&T's theme was the best of the Trilogy's Court room lobby themes IMO. But as it stands, it is one of the weaker themes of a consistently amazing OST. I'd go with Cavi Cape since it has more rhythm going for it.

2) Tetris DS - Super Mario Bros.
I personally think this is the best rendition of the Classic SMB track. Maybe it's because I'm a fan of techno remixes but this track was just too catchy for me to pass it up.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

ThePirateCaptain

1. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - The Wind is Blowing at Capi Cave
It's a but more upbeat than the PW theme which I like.

2. Metal Slug - Mission 1
Nothing too spectacular, but it fits the game well and works as a good opening theme.

If anyone is interested in what the final bracket will look like, here it is. (Excluding the winners of this round of course.)

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Void

1. Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations - Court Lobby.

2. Tetris DS - Super Mario Bros.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

e-love

1. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - The Wind is Blowing at Capi Cave
I really like this theme, nice and happy-sounding.

So catchy

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Jeremyx7

1.) M&L Bowser's Inside Story: Capi Cave - Has more of a rhythm going on which I appreciate in music.

2.) Tetris DS: Super Mario Bros. - Very catchy and just better imo.

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

HawkeyeWii

1) . Phoenix Wright
2) Metal Slug
I don't want to influence anyone's vote at all in any way, but I would just like to say that we have a bunch of Mario music already in the next round, so I want more variety in the next round. Not to mention Metal Slug's song is better anyway! It is awesome!

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

Metal Slug's song has to be one of the most epic "Running into battle" themes I have ever heard. I always feel like charging into a battle every time I hear it!

Twitter:

KarrotMan

Honestly, I have no problem if the list has multiple Mario or Sonic tracks, especially since each of those that made it through are solid tunes in their own right. Besides, most the Mario OST's have been consistently catchy and varied. Tis the competition of the best after all.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

FriedSquid

Ah, hmm... I noticed that my Kirby 64 and Banjo Kazooie entries will be matched up to each other. Is there anyway to fix that? If it's at all any trouble then I really don't mind, but if possible that would be great.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

HawkeyeWii

CaptainSquid wrote:

Ah, hmm... I noticed that my Kirby 64 and Banjo Kazooie entries will be matched up to each other. Is there anyway to fix that? If it's at all any trouble then I really don't mind, but if possible that would be great.

I think @CapnPancakes can fix that for you.

Twitter:

Pichuka97

Another Winter (Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game)

Favorite Games: Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Call of Duty: Black Ops, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, and Mega Man 5.
My Backlog
Sonic is AMAZING!! Nintendo is AMAZING!! I AM AMAZING!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3887-5606-5777 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7746-7284 | Nintendo Network ID: Pichuka97

KarrotMan

Pichuka97 wrote:

Another Winter (Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game)

It already got nominated By me... and already went through to the next round of that's what you're implying. You can focus on voting for the two sets of songs that are currently up for the time being.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

ThePirateCaptain

@CapnSquidy
Thanks for pointing that out, I wouldn't have remembered that both those songs were yours. If anyone wants to request a change to the bracket, now is the time to do it before it becomes final.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Ideal_Hero

1. Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - Cavi Cape
Sorry I missed some rounds. Life be crazy. @_@

Edited on by Ideal_Hero

The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identif...

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

FonistofCruxis

1. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations
I haven't played this game but I have played the first in the series and I get the feeling that it may not be appreciated as much by people who haven't had any experience with the series and don't know the purpose of the courtroom lounge themes but I really like this song.
A very good remix of the classic Mario theme.

SomeBitTripFan

Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations- Court Lobby

Tetris DS- Super Mario Bros.
Metal Slug seemed to drag on.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.