Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Farewell

Posts 101 to 120 of 2,988

LittleKing

1. Professor Layton and the Curious Village
I like this song quite a bit. I'd say that the title theme to Diabolical Box blows it out of the water, but this one's pretty good too.

2. Pokemon Red & Blue

It's classic, IMO. I'm the opposite of FonistofCruxist; I think that MSF's theme is okay, but it doesn't do anything for me. A flurry of sound, but nothing I really like. That's not to say it isn't a good tune, though. Personally, I feel that Pokemon tunes can be great, too. Like Verdantuf Town.

Remember, folks. "The air is tasty here!"

Edited on by LittleKing

LittleKing

ThePirateCaptain

@CanisWolfred
I decided to allow opening themes as well as the title screen themes just to make things easier. Do you want to stick with And Then to CODA, or use the title screen theme?

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

CrimsonFire

Konata wrote:

the Mighty switch force title is so ridiculously catchy.

I love it.

Word Can't describe how much i love this song

1. Professor Layton and the Curious Village (Even though i have never played a Professor Layton game before its definitely better than 3D Lands Title screen)

2. Mighty Switch Force

CanisWolfred

CapnPancakez wrote:

@CanisWolfred
I decided to allow opening themes as well as the title screen themes just to make things easier. Do you want to stick with And Then to CODA, or use the title screen theme?

If it's allowed, it's not a problem. Best to stick with what's already there.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TysonOfTime

1. Mario 3D Land... after The Professor's theme became the staple for the series this music pales too much for me. I really like the catchiness of the 3D Land one

2.Mighty Switch Force- This was an easy one.
Too easy.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

FonistofCruxis

TheLilK98 wrote:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

1. St. Mystere - Professor Layton and the Curious Village
After AC: WW lost the last round ( ), hopefully this fantastic nomination of mine will get through and the SM3DL song is pretty unremarkable like almost every other song in it's soundtrack.
2. Mighty Switch Force
A great example of how awesome Wayforward's music is and the other one is just lame generic Pokemon music.

How the hell can it be generic if Pokemon music didn't exist before it?

By generic I mean that it's the typical music you'd hear in the Pokemon series and I don't like that sort of typical Pokemon music. However, while I don't like the Pokemon series there are still some songs from the series that I really like. My favourite song from the series is the original version of Lance/Red's battle theme. Two more examples of Pokemon music tracks that I really like are Primal Diagla battle from Pokemon mystery dungeon: Explorers of time/darkness and the regular battle theme from Pokemon Colosseum.

@Metabble_King While the title theme of Professor Layton and the Curious Village is a great title theme, I agree that the one in Pandora's box and Lost future is even better which is why I nominated that too.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

e-love

I'm really disappointed Animal Crossing: Wild World lost last round.

1. Super Mario 3D Land

Both are good, I just really liked this game's theme, it was catchy. I much liked the other Professor Layton theme better.

2. Mighty Switch Force

We already have Pokemon Black 2 + White 2 basically representing the same theme. Wayforward deserves some recognition for not only a really good title screen theme but also an incredible soundtrack as a whole for Mighty Switch Force.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Kyloctopus

1 Super Mario 3D Land
Even though I really like most of the Layton music, I don't like Curious Village's title screen it doesn't go harmoniously.
2 Mighty Switch Force
Its so upbeat and catchy, its hard to hate.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Final-Starman

1. Super Mario 3D Land
2. Mighty Switch Force
You really can't go wrong with Mighty Switch Force.

"Come and get me loser! Spankety Spankety Spankety!" -Pokey
"Yesno It is isn't." -Moonsidian
"Shoot! I missed!" - Loid/Lloyd
Fobbies are... Borange!
TONDA GOSSA!
Nintendo Network ID: The-Ness
ROOOOLIIING STAAAAAART!
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Recent...

TysonOfTime

YESSS... Mario 3D Land is close to beating St. Mystere! It will learn its place as the inferior Layton Theme! Mwahahahaha!

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

ClockworkMario

1)Super Mario 3D Land
2)Pokemon

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

ThePirateCaptain

Question for @Happy_Mask
Did you want to nominate both the Fire Emblem theme and the opera version?

ThePirateCaptain

Auracle

@CanisWolfred - Yeah, I knew that was the opening theme and not the title screen theme. I actually considered nominating both, but I wanted a bit more diversity, so I chose CODA.
1. Super Mario 3D Land - I just love that song. One of the catchiest Mario tunes that I know of.
2. Pokemon Red and Blue - While an arguably simple song, it sends shivers down my spine.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

ThePirateCaptain

Voting ends tomorrow so for those of you who haven't yet, do it now!

ThePirateCaptain

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.