Forums

Topic: Everything Star Wars discussion thread| How you doing, you old pirate?

Posts 741 to 760 of 1,108

GrailUK

@gcunit There is some nice direction and lighting animation on the flying sections and overall I thought it looked sharp and clean with a nice amount of detail for that particular style.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

gcunit

@GrailUK Yeh, exactly.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Dezzy

@gcunit

Well because if it's a new name then I'd realise it was one of the new characters.
So if you'd said Ezra is a really good character, I'd have guessed that was one of the 2 main male characters.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

GeoChrome

@BeetonTheRobot The new Star Wars movies were really hit or miss. Force Awakens and Rogue One were pretty good, but Solo was pretty much doomed from the start.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Dezzy

@BeetonTheRobot

I'll definitely watch it at some point on Bluray/digital. Don't care enough about the series any more for a cinema trip though.

I've not been able to get past the fact that the old characters I loved were basically used as a cynical bait'n'switch to try and get older fans interested in the new characters. Nothing good has been added to the Luke, Leia and Han characters from this. They've all ended up as lesser characters because of it.
(and before anyone says "well that was just your unjustified expectations", nope. Kathleen Kennedy literally said during the acquisition deal that they considered the preservation of the well-loved characters to be their main responsibility, which they obviously abandoned entirely).

It annoys me in the same way turning Darth Vader into a spoiled emo annoyed me in the prequels. Except that was only 1 character and I think the damage done to Anakin was largely offset by the fact that they did a brilliant job with Palpatine. Vader became a worse character but Palpatine became a far far better one.

Edited on by Dezzy

GrailUK

I'm out after Last Jedi. Force Awakens was basically Star Wars with the creativity not venturing much further past 'what if we make Luke a girl?' (kinda like Ghostbusters I guess). I'll watch IX whenever I manage to see it, but it's not something I'll go out of my way to watch.

Vinny

Is Bounty Hunter for the GameCube worth playing?

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

the_shpydar

Vinny wrote:

Is Bounty Hunter for the GameCube worth playing?

Definitely. It's not perfect, and there's some missed opportunities that likely would have been addressed had there ever been a sequel (i would have loved to see the optional bounty hunting expanded), but it's a lot of fun and cool to play a SW game that's outside of the norm.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Octane

I liked Rogue One, Force Awakens was a re-thread of episode 4, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt after nearly two decades of no Star Wars. TLJ and Solo pretty much killed any hype I had left. I'll probably watch IX because I get to watch them for free, but I'm in no hurry to see it on premiere day.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

It was only 1 decade dude. Episode 3 was 2005. Episode 7 was 2015.

gcunit

This is not a reference to any individuals here, just a note on my general observations while surfing the Web, but in the first couple of months after Last Jedi released, there seemed to be quite a split between those that liked it and those that didn't.

Now though, with the dust having settled I guess, and maybe those who did like it have learned to move on and ignore the whole discussion, but all I'm seeing is negativity towards it. Too right, too.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

DarkRula

Because they know they're never getting anywhere in the fight and backed down? Negativity always seems to outweigh positivity, after all, and those who are negative towards it certainly won't back down.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

GrailUK

Say what you want about the prequels, I thought the storyline was great. The effects were too artificial and the acting struggled to deliver on some scenes but the storyline gave fans (me lol) plenty to geek out over.

Octane

@Dezzy Feels longer than that. Anyway, correction; the time gap between Force Awakens and the last good Star Wars film was a lot longer

Octane

Namco

Ranking all the Star Wars movies I've seen:

1. Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
2. Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope
3. Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
4. Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
5. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
6. Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones
7. Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
8. Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi
9. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

The order is based on how entertaining I find the movie, not so much on whether I think it's a good movie.

I'm not going to bother with Solo, the movie is probably going to make me fall asleep and puke at the same time ...yeah over exaggerating, but after the last movies my interest is pretty much non-existent.

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Dezzy

gcunit wrote:

there seemed to be quite a split between those that liked it and those that didn't.

Now though, with the dust having settled I guess, and maybe those who did like it have learned to move on and ignore the whole discussion, but all I'm seeing is negativity towards it. Too right, too.

DarkRula wrote:

Because they know they're never getting anywhere in the fight and backed down? Negativity always seems to outweigh positivity, after all, and those who are negative towards it certainly won't back down.

There are a couple of different possible explanations for this.

1) Is just that negativity drives away positivity as DarkRula says.

2) Is that the negativity has been constantly fed by Disney and Rian Johnson by how dismissive they've been to the criticisms. They've called people sexist, racist, they've said it's not really many people and it's a political campaign being run by Russian bots (yes they really did endorse this dumb claim).

3) It's just the hardcore fanbase that mostly hated it and it's the more casual fans who liked it. So those people were going to keep talking about it for longer either way. If the hardcore fans had liked it, they'd also be talking about it more today, but it would praising it and speculating about the future.

Hard to know exactly which it is. May be a combination of all 3.
All I would say though is that negativity doesn't necessarily drive out positivity in the way DarkRula says. I can think of quite a few examples of divisive games/films where it was the negative people who basically lost interest and moved on whereas the positive people remained. The most recent example would be Final Fantasy XV. The reddit for that game, as well as the youtube videos made on it, are 90% by the people who loved it (including me).

Dezzy

The youtube channel Star Wars Theory has just released the first episode of their Star Wars fan film.

It's insanely impressive. More exciting than the sequels, lol

Joeynator3000

I don't think I've posted in here before, mainly because I lost interest in them after Disney took over. Has anyone gotten Galactic Battle Grounds and Racer on Steam yet? Battlegrounds I just, grew up with. I tried buying them once but it...caused my graphics to get all screwy when exiting the game so i refunded it for now.

As for Racer, I never got that far with it. I think I only rented it on the N64 back then. As for PC when I had the disc version, I had tons of crashes and eventually the disc became heavily scratched. Anyways I want the games back again, but I feel like they're going to give me tons of problems simply because they didn't bother fixing issues the old games have with modern computers.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Octane

@subpopz That's what I've been wondering ever since this trilogy started...

Remember how Rey totally wasn't related to Luke? ''Rise of the Skywalker''... yeah... right.

They should've gotten one writer to do the entire trilogy; but this back and forth between Abrams and Johnson leads up to a non-consistent story that seems to be made up on the fly. It's like they're trying to undo each others work; that didn't help The Last Jedi, and I fear it won't result in anything great for this one either.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic