Forums

Topic: Everything Star Wars discussion thread| How you doing, you old pirate?

Posts 721 to 740 of 1,108

Dezzy

Billy Dee Williams has aged about as well as Carrie Fisher had:

Untitled

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

gcunit

@Dezzy He's 80 years old. You got any 80 year old relatives we can take a look at and critique their appearance?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Dezzy

@gcunit

I don't have any relatives who are actors. Harrison Ford looks pretty good at 75. Samuel L Jackson still looks in his 40s even though he's 70. It does happen.

Edited on by Dezzy

gcunit

@Dezzy I hadn't realised being an actor makes it fair game to be ridiculed for your appearance.

Did you have any relatives (actors or otherwise) who didn't make it to 80?
Because one might argue BDW looks in a better state than any of them right now.

Edited on by gcunit

MarcelRguez

@gcunit Surely there's a better way of moderating what he posts other than insulting his dead relatives?

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

gcunit

@MarcelRguez I'm not insulting anyone here, and I'm not moderating, I'm discussing the merit in ridiculing octgenerians' physical appearances.

So now not only do they need to be actors, they can't be related to Dezzy... and then it's fair game, is that right?

MarcelRguez

gcunit wrote:

So now not only do they need to be actors, they can't be related to Dezzy... and then it's fair game, is that right?

I don't get what makes you think I'm defending his post. I'm just even more appalled by your post than his'.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

gcunit

@MarcelRguez Oh I see. Well, what I was doing was taking Dezzy's observation of one person and encouraging him to apply the same consideration to another person he might know, to see if that personal connection might trigger a realisation that critiquing a person's physical appearance, regardless of age, profession or relation, may not reflect that well on them.

But by misunderstanding my intentions and stating your disapproval, you have helped highlight how such observations can give rise to negative emotional reactions. That should help fire the point home for Dezzy, so thanks for sharing.

Dezzy

@gcunit

Of course it's different for actors. Their whole job involves their looks so they spend a lot more time on that.

And of course I can insult their looks. These are people whose main qualification for their job is that they look good.

Dezzy

Anyone see this new monstrosity they've belched out?

Lol, the likes/dislike ratio is holding on for dear life.
Disney really don't seem to know why people like Star Wars at all.

GrailUK

@Dezzy I...I think it looks good. Shame TLJ put me off Star Wars for the rest of my life.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Vinny

This looks even more childish than Rebels.
And uglier too.

At least they're bringing Clone Wars back for 12 more episodes.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Dezzy

I watched almost none of Rebels. I only saw about 1 episode but it seemed so incredibly Disney-fied.

Even the character designs. I mean, she looks like a character from one of those Disney kids series (like the one Miley Cyrus came from). I hate watching a sci-fi and immediately feeling like it was written by people in California in the early 21st century.

Untitled

Edited on by Dezzy

Octane

You know, I once thought that Disney buying Star Wars was a good idea. It was a dormant franchise, George didn't do anything with it anymore, and the prequel trilogy was pretty bad.

After seeing TLJ and Solo, I wish it stayed that way.

Octane

gcunit

While I haven't watched much Rebels, I have the first 2 series on DVD and my kids binged on it for a while.

It shouldn't be dismissed at all, and some of the episodes are really good. Characters such as Vader, Yoda and Ahsoka all appear. The climax episodes for Series 2 were excellent.

Reminds me that I need to get Series 3 (once I double check that I haven't bought it already).

With Dave Filoni at the helm you can trust its quality. He worked very closely with Lucas on Clone Wars.

gcunit

GrailUK wrote:

I...I think it looks good.

I certainly don't think it warrants insta-ignoring based on that trailer. Sound design and VFX are crucial to this stuff, and they seem to be ok, so the character design won't bother me if the content is good.

Dezzy

gcunit wrote:

It shouldn't be dismissed at all, and some of the episodes are really good. Characters such as Vader, Yoda and Ahsoka all appear. The climax episodes for Series 2 were excellent.

I think the fact that you're pitching it by mentioning characters that pre-existed and none of the new characters it introduced says everything.

The last interesting new character Lucasfilm came up with was Ventress in the Clone Wars.

Edited on by Dezzy

gcunit

@Dezzy What is the point in mentioning them if you don't know who they are? I've not seen enough of the episodes in the correct order to pass judgement on the new characters (not that that's stopping you, it seems) but from what I've seen, Ezra is likeable and interesting, as are Kanan, Sabine and Hera. Hondo is also an interesting support character. Zeb I'm less sure about.

Also, the inquisitors are a good addition.

By all means dismiss it based on whatever your criteria is if you like, but I would recommend the series as a worthwhile inclusion to the Star Wars franchise, based on what I've seen of it and general fan reaction, to any Star Wars fan.

Edited on by gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic