Forums

Topic: Everything Star Wars discussion thread| How you doing, you old pirate?

Posts 581 to 600 of 1,108

the_shpydar

@bezerker99
Funny you mention that, as i was thinking about doing the exact same thing, even before Carrie's death; Rogue One put me in a very Star Wars-y mood — even more than usual (you TC'ers and classic NLChat'ers who have seen my lightsaber collection - and my joy of virtually "attacking" @LordJumpMad with the sabers - know full well my love of SW).

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

hey guys we should have a sword fight

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Luna_110

@Link-Hero

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/More/Cardiomyopathy/...

There's this thing called takotsubo syndrome, in which a person's heart muscle may fail after a stress induced situation, like for example a death of a loved one. Add to that syndrome that Debbie Reynolds was an elderly lady and it was rumored that she was in failing health.

If the muscle heart fails, it has problems pumping blood to the rest of the body. While that may not killed her, it could have a role to play in the stroke.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Tasuki

Link-Hero wrote:

Don't know how to say this without sounding like a jerk, but Debbie Reynolds passed away from a severe stroke, not from a "broken heart".

Honestly you do sound like a jerk.

Dieing from a broken heart is a term that people use when a love one close to them dies and then they die soon afterwards. Basically they have given up the will to live and their mind convinces their body to do so weakening their immune system, causing other health problems etc.

I have actually witnessed this. My son's great grandparents knew each other since they were teenagers and we're married for years had two kids and basically were the perfect couple. One morning my son's Great Grandfather passed in his sleep, no warning, he wasn't sick, had no know major health problems just passed from old age. It was a shock to everyone. Now his great grandmother was in perfect health for a lady of her age but after her husband passed see got depressed and just kept telling people how she wanted to be with her husband. A month later she was diagnosed with cancer, never smoked, exercised daily no family history it was a complete mystery. Two weeks later she passed. All the time saying how she wanted to be with her husband.

People often forget how powerful the mind can be.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

Tasuki wrote:

Link-Hero wrote:

Don't know how to say this without sounding like a jerk, but Debbie Reynolds passed away from a severe stroke, not from a "broken heart".

Honestly you do sound like a jerk.

wait a second thats my job.
at least he just sounds like one. but me im way past sounding like one

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

FriedSquid

@Link-Hero Well in my opinion, it was a really good movie. Not sure where you've heard mixed reactions about the movie, I thought it was generally well-received, but I would say it's well worth a movie ticket (more so than a lot of movies this year, and even TFA)

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

gcunit

If you're a general movie goer then I can see why Rogue One would come out on top, but if you're a Star Wars fan, TFA is infinitely more exciting in that it sets up Ep. VIII, which feels like it could go anywhere. Rogue One is just a dead end. A fun one, but one that doesn't really stimulate the imagination beyond what's in the film.

Just so sad Carrie won't be there for Ep. IX. It will now forever be speculated how both 8 and 9 might have been different if she were still with us, and only a select few people will ever know the truth. (And yes, I know 8 has finished filming, but that doesn't mean they won't edit it in light of potential changes to 9.)

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

the_shpydar

bezerker99 wrote:

TFA is crap compared to Rogue One, imo.

I absolutely loved TFA, but i still agree with this. Rogue One is unlike any other Star Wars movie. So utterly amazing. And THAT SCENE towards the end had me literally dropping my jaw, which is the first time that has ever legitimately happened in my decades of movie-going.

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

bezerker99

the_shpydar wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

TFA is crap compared to Rogue One, imo.

I absolutely loved TFA, but i still agree with this. Rogue One is unlike any other Star Wars movie. So utterly amazing. And THAT SCENE towards the end had me literally dropping my jaw, which is the first time that has ever legitimately happened in my decades of movie-going.

I still like TFA and it's infinitely way better than the prequels. Heck, i saw TFA three times when it was in theaters. I've still only seen Rogue One just once....but i desperately want to see it again but money is tight right now and i would rather just save my $15 for when it gets released down the road on bluray. Heres my star wars films as i see them......

Original trilogy > Rogue One > TFA >>>>>>> prequels

The ending to Rogue One is straight up awesome and way more nostalgic than anything that happens in TFA, imo.

bezerker99

@gcunit anyone that has seen Rogue One knows what they can now do with CGI. Albeit very expensive CGI....but they could do that for Leia if need be probably for IX. Still, it's a bummer she physically wont be in it.

Edited on by bezerker99

Octane

@bezerker99 Yeah, I could see them doing it with CGI. Probably editing her role in episode 8, giving her a smaller role than originally planned, and then doing just a couple of small cameos in episode 9.

Octane

Tasuki

They could use her daughter and with CGI put her head onto her daughters body, kinda like what they did with Paul Walker for Fast and Furious 7 where they used his brother and with CG and editing.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

bezerker99

Tasuki wrote:

They could use her daughter and with CGI put her head onto her daughters body, kinda like what they did with Paul Walker for Fast and Furious 7 where they used his brother and with CG and editing.

That's a fantastic solution!! I'm in board with this.

Octane

@Tasuki They did the same thing in Rogue One with Leia and Tarkin; Ingvild Deila played Leia, and they CGI'ed Carrie Fischer's 20-year old face on it. If they do the same in episode 9, I expect someone else will play her role, someone a couple of years older than her daughter.

Octane

the_shpydar

Of course, we have to remember that we don't know Leia's fate in Episode VIII. It is possible she doesn't survive. Which would be upsetting, but at least by the time it comes out, it won't sting so much.

And i don't get the hate that i see online for the CGI-character stuff in Rogue One. Yeah, Tarkin was a little off-putting and distracting (mainly because he had such a significant amount of screen time), but the other character at the end (not naming, b/c spoiler-y) was a scant few seconds and to me looked amazing.

By the way, someone on YouTube edited a video together of the last few minutes of Rogue and the first few minutes of New Hope, and it really is amazing how seamlessly the two go together (putting aside the fact that the video source for Rogue is obviously mediocre quality since it's from a bootleg recording of the film).

The Shpydarloggery

gcunit

Sorry to spoil this for you all, but I can now confirm it...

Untitled

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic