Forums

Topic: Everything Star Wars discussion thread| How you doing, you old pirate?

Posts 561 to 580 of 1,108

Vinny

Very excited to watch Rebels S3 (not Rogue One though). Thrawn, Maul, the Darksaber, return of the Battle Droids, older, more mature Ezra... Dave is doing a great job.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

CaPPa

Last weekend I dressed up as Chewbacca for Halloween. I expected to be hot in the costume but I wasn't prepared at all for the effect it would have on people. I had people shouting from their cars with how they loved Chewie, people asking for photos and kids running up to give me hugs or high fives wherever I went. At one point I had 10 -15 kids surround me with joyful looks on their faces, but one little girl really brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eye when she hugged me, looked up and said 'you're my favorite Chewie, I love you so so much'. It was quite an experience and I felt like a celebrity.

So if Disney have any ideas about killing off Chewbacca in the movies then they should rethink it, as the love for the big Wookiee runs deep.

CaPPa

gcunit

@CaPPa Sounds lovely, was it a pretty high quality costume then, or are people around your way not that fussy?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

DefHalan

Danksparce wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

So I just finished binge watching Rebels Season 2. Holy cow, that was amazing. It was so good, I wish I had an easy way to watch Season 3 (will probably have to wait for the Blu-Ray release again)

Hop on my discord, I'll share a website with you that you can watch it on about an hour after it airs.

@Danksparce I finally am on Discord lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Vinny

One of my favorites episodes from Rebels S3 is "The Last Battle", a great throwback to the Clone Wars series. They even used the Clone Wars font and theme for the ending card!

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

CaPPa

@gcunit
It's a modded supreme costume, with a tighter body and a fixed up bandolier; but the biggest change is in the mask which I remade with a movable jaw. It's nowhere near 501st quality but it's a lot better than the regular supreme costumes.

People always seem happy to see Chewie though, even those shabby looking ones.

CaPPa

Octane

Anyone else seen Rogue One yet?

Octane

IceClimbers

Just saw Rogue One. It was fantastic. The start was a little slow, but it gets better as it goes on and the last 3rd or so of the movie was beyond excellent, and the ending was perfect. It really put the "war" in Star Wars and was actually quite dark. Despite knowing the result, it still felt like the stakes were high and that there was a chance of failure.

Rogue One actually made A New Hope better, and changes how you think about the film.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Octane

IceClimbers wrote:

Rogue One actually made A New Hope better, and changes how you think about the film.

Indeed. I also liked that they didn't rely as much on nostalgia as episode 7, but still managed to put enough cameos in that it felt like any other Star Wars movie.

Characters like Mon Mothma and Bail Organa, and probably more that I completely missed from the prequel trilogy. CGI Leia, couldn't tell the difference to be honest. I did notice Moff Tarkin right away, but that's because I knew the original actor passed away about 20 years ago. Still, it was pretty impressive and a good way to tie this movie in with A New Hope. Anyway, my friends I was going with didn't even notice he was CGI at first, so I guess they did a pretty good job. Anyway, other minor cameos like the two tugs Luke starts a fight with in the Cantina were there. And R2D2 and C3PO of course, gotta have those two in a SW film.

Anyway, ending was satisfying. All in all, good film.

Octane

bezerker99

Just saw Rogue One and it was terrific! I wouldn't mind seeing it again. There were some slow spots but....That Ending Was Awesome!!!!

Edited on by bezerker99

the_shpydar

Totally sucks. But honestly, i was almost expecting it after her heart attack and emergency medical situation last week. Damn shame, she will be missed.

Effing 2016 needs to stop killing off our beloved celebrities and end already.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

So Carrie's mother (Debbie Reynolds) has passed now just a day after. A case of death by a broken heart. At least mother and daughter are together again.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Holy crap, man. This year has seriously been too much. Oy.

you aint lyin brotha

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Luna_110

Damn, poor Debbie Reynolds must have been broken hearted. I wouldn't wish even on my worst enemy the pain of losing a loved child....

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic