Forums

Topic: Everything Star Wars discussion thread| How you doing, you old pirate?

Posts 541 to 560 of 1,108

jump

SSBMarioFan wrote:

Is Rogue One part of the main movie series?

No, it's not a numbered part of a trilogy. It's one of the back history films that will come out evey other year, if you remember from the orginal film when they say people died to get the Death Star plans this film is about that.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

shaneoh

arronishere wrote:

if you remember from the orginal film when they say people died to get the Death Star plans this film is about that.

I thought that was episode 6, but still, someone needed to steal the plans for the first death star.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Akane

I'm sure there are good stories to tell from that era but I can't help but feel the spin offs are just a way to get more money, possibly to fund the next main movie properly. The trailer looks alright though and very interesting so I do have my hopes up.

I saw Force Awakens only recently and liked it a lot. I think it still lacks some of the charm and magic the original trilogy had since FA relies on CGI creatures instead of puppets (not necessarely a bad thing). It's definitely better on every single aspect than the prequel trilogy, even if I think Darth Maul would have made a better 3-picture villain than Kylo Ren.

Vendetta-Strada - A mafia game forum
Currently playing: Hyrule Warriors Legends, Pokémon Shuffle

Nintendo Network ID: NonEgo

Octane

@Nego: Actually, whilst there are some CG character in FA, they used a lot of puppets and costumes; more than the prequel trilogy.

Octane

shaneoh

arronishere wrote:

shaneoh wrote:

arronishere wrote:

if you remember from the orginal film when they say people died to get the Death Star plans this film is about that.

I thought that was episode 6, but still, someone needed to steal the plans for the first death star.

Episode 6 is Return of The Jedi, do you mean Revenge of The Sith? It may be in that one too (I only remember hoppy Yoda and kill the younglings) but why would they wait 20+ years to do something about the Death Star, lazy sods!

No I mean RotJ, but you mention the original film which is A New Hope. The "many bothans died to bring us this information" line is, I believe, from RotJ, and I don't think there is an equivalent line in ANH. As Rogue One is set between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, you can see why I'm a tad confused...

shaneoh

@arronishere:
Had to check:
"It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire.

During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet.

Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents, Princess Leia races home aboard her starship, custodian of the stolen plans that can save her people and restore freedom to the galaxy...."

We're both right, stealing the plans is in the opening crawl of ANH, and the people dying is RotJ:
Untitled

Edited on by shaneoh

Akane

Octane wrote:

@Nego: Actually, whilst there are some CG character in FA, they used a lot of puppets and costumes; more than the prequel trilogy.

Really?

I mean the stormtroopers in particular looked real and I doubt they were CGI at least for most part nor most of the aliens in the bar scene. I guess what made it look like there were more was Maz who was clearly a CGI character.

I guess the puppetry has just gotten a lot better from the original trilogy. I didn't get that puppet vibe from any of the aliens, both in good and bad.

gcunit

the_shpydar wrote:

Luke takes a page from Yoda's "How to train Jedi" playbook:
Untitled

It's funny you should post that. I don't really 'do' Twitter, but I do browse occasionally, and as I love Star Wars and Luke Skywalker was my childhood hero, I follow Mark Hamill.

So I'd seen this picture when it first emerged and was aware of the meme it's become, but I hadn't seen an obvious one, so last night decided to knock up my own version this morning:

Mark Hamill only went and retweeted it, and now my phone's gone berserk with Twitter notifications. I'm giddy with the idea that Luke Skywalker is currently filming EpVIII and retweeting me. Pretty much my first brush with a celebrity and it happens to be my Number 1

Edit: I also did this one:

... which Mark Hamill 'Liked' but hasn't retweeted (the party-pooper )

There was also another one, but I put some partially-censored profanity on it so won't post it here, but you can check it in my Twitter if you're interested .

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Octane

@Nego: There were some CG characters here and there, but some were actual costumes, Unkar Plutt for example was a clever mix of both, but it was an actual costume that was later digitally edited for finer details. A lot of random creatures and robots also had people in them. Maz stood out because she was the only CG-only character that was also of importance (well, Snoke as well..). BB-8 was a real functional prop as well. Look up some behind the scenes stuff, and you'll be amazed how much of it wasn't actually CGI.

Octane

Akane

@Octane: I knew BB-8 was a real functional prop beforehand so I didn't even think that was made with CGI. I guess that the thumbs up function at least was added after filming though.

I guess it was just Maz and Snoke were enough for me to see the film rely a lot on CGI.

DefHalan

@gcunit: It is always awesome when someone you look up too replies or retweets or whatever. Jools Watsham has replied to a few of my tweets and it always feels amazing lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Vinny

Dave Filoni posted this: https://mobile.twitter.com/dave_filoni/status/728037494684454913

I wonder who the green lightsaber belongs to.

In the season finale, Vader cuts Ezra's lightsaber in half, but it seems he gets his blue Kyber crystal back when Vader is distracted by Ahsoka

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Gerald

Rest in peace Kenny Baker (R2D2) Beep beep.

Edited on by Gerald

NNID: Ootfan98
3DS FC: 3909 - 7501 - 9000

Peek-a-boo

I am surprised nobody has posted the new Rogue One trailer!

Here it is: - http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/lucasfilm/rogueoneastarwar...

It's the (new) trailer on the far left.

Seeing the Star Destroyer gradually emerge from the shadow of the Death Star whilst the Imperial March theme playing is AMAZING!

Looks very 'grounded' compared to the flashiness of The Force Awakens, and am pleased it is more adult-looking compared to the previous Star Wars films.

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Yeah, it's definitely a film to look forward to. Ever since last year's film, there's a hunger for more Star Wars, and despite the fact that we're getting a new one every year, it still seems to take ages.

@Ootfan98 Sad news indeed.

Octane

Haru17

The trailer was good, the movie looks great, and the writing is still just as quippy. We'll have to see how the final movie fairs, of course, but these one-liners they're choosing for the trailers are killing me.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Vinny

I've been wondering... How's the Wii version of the Force Unleashed?

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

DefHalan

So I just finished binge watching Rebels Season 2. Holy cow, that was amazing. It was so good, I wish I had an easy way to watch Season 3 (will probably have to wait for the Blu-Ray release again)

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LaserdiscGal

DefHalan wrote:

So I just finished binge watching Rebels Season 2. Holy cow, that was amazing. It was so good, I wish I had an easy way to watch Season 3 (will probably have to wait for the Blu-Ray release again)

Hop on my discord, I'll share a website with you that you can watch it on about an hour after it airs.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic