Forums

Topic: Everything Star Wars discussion thread| How you doing, you old pirate?

Posts 521 to 540 of 1,108

the_shpydar

Yeah, i picked up the novelization as well. Currently reading it now.

It's by Alan Dean Foster, who ghost-wrote the original film's novelization, as well as writing the first EU novel Splinter of the Mind's Eye in 1978. He also wrote another EU novel, The Approaching Storm, set between Episodes I and II and wasn't too bad.

The writing is fine; not great, but fine. A little simplistic, but i think that's by design (so that it's readily accessible to any and all ages). I'd agree it's worth reading.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Kylo_Ren

I was disappointed with episode 7, started off good but quickly turned into a sour film.
Rebels is alright (not on the same level as The clone wars)

Kylo_Ren

iKhan

GamecubeMan wrote:

How exactly was it sour?

the pHorce was small with the film.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

jump

Kylo_Ren wrote:

I was disappointed with episode 7, started off good but quickly turned into a sour film.
Rebels is alright (not on the same level as The clone wars)

So did you create your avatar and username before you saw it then?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

iKhan

I just rewatched The Phantom Menace yesterday. That movie gets WAY too much flack. Yes, it starts off really weak, but once they land on Tatooine, I'd say it's a pretty solid movie. Qui-Gon is a particularly interesting character that I really wish had stuck around.

Also, Padme is actually expressive and interesting. I have no idea what happened to her that made her so insufferable in Clones

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

DefHalan

@iKhan: I really want a stand alone Qui-Gon movie, I think Liam Neeson could still do it.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LaserdiscGal

iKhan wrote:

I just rewatched The Phantom Menace yesterday. That movie gets WAY too much flack. Yes, it starts off really weak, but once they land on Tatooine, I'd say it's a pretty solid movie. Qui-Gon is a particularly interesting character that I really wish had stuck around.

Also, Padme is actually expressive and interesting. I have no idea what happened to her that made her so insufferable in Clones

Yeah I've always stood by Clones being the worst film in the Saga.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Vinny

Shroud of Darkness was one the best Rebels episodes ever. It was just incredible. It's weird that we're getting a chopper episode after it. It feels kinda filler-ish.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

LaserdiscGal

Vinny wrote:

Shroud of Darkness was one the best Rebels episodes ever. It was just incredible. It's weird that we're getting a chopper episode after it. It feels kinda filler-ish.

If I learned anything from season 1, nothing is filler. It'll impact the story somehow I'm sure.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Henmii

The Rebels finally was great, with lovely atmosphere. Overall, season 2 was definitely better then the first one. Bettter animation, atmosphere and music. And magical moments. Yeah, definitely gonna watch season 3 as well!

Henmii

LaserdiscGal

So I received my Force Awakens Steelbook Blue ray in the mail today, 3 days early.

Remind me to pre-order everything from best buy.

LaserdiscGal

Octane

Can't wait!

Jar Jar screaming in the background was a bit annoying though...

Octane

PanicPuppet

I'm really getting excited for Rogue One! I'm liking the atmosphere and tone being set, the Grand Admiral guy and Dark-armored Troopers are already on my action figure wishlist, and it just plain looks good! I really tried with TFA, but ultimately I couldn't bring myself to completely like it. It felt too reliant on OT imagery and ANH's plot elements, instead of really doing its own thing; something I'll always commend the Prequels for.

@Octane: Don't forget the hooded figure near the end is likely Darth Jar Jar.

PanicPuppet

jump

I watch the trailer and I don't see what the excitement is about, it looks alright but there's nothing to hook me in to get to the reactions it's been getting.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic