Forums

Topic: Everything Star Wars discussion thread| How you doing, you old pirate?

Posts 501 to 520 of 1,108

LaserdiscGal

GamecubeMan wrote:

I AM THE SENATE

What is thy bidding my master.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Haru17

GamecubeMan wrote:

I AM THE SENATE

AND I THE HOUSE!!!

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Vinny

GamecubeMan wrote:

I AM THE SENATE

Untitled

It's treason, then.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

the_shpydar

Klimbatize wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

For the record, I think the prequels are bad not because of inconsistencies (as I don't pay attention to stuff like that and it doesn't bother me that much anyways) - I just didn't like the awful CGI (pretty much all of it looks really fake and out of place), the 50 foot Jedi leaps, the word midichlorians, Jar-Jar, I can go on and on as to why I don't like the prequels.

Has nothing to do with "inconsistencies" between the films. Have a nice day, everyone!

Thank you! The reason the prequels fail isn't because of minutiae about what ships look like or semantics...but because the acting and storytelling is awful.

I still dig them because they're Star Wars though, but I know they aren't good films.

My thoughts exactly.
As usual, Silent Bob

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

LaserdiscGal

ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Flipping DARTH MAUL I have the largest smile on my face right now, I think this confirms what people have been speculating about Ezera turning to the Dark Side.

Other highlights are Yoda showing up as what I presume to be a vision, Anakin in holocrons, and some other cool stuffs! I simply cannot wait for new episodes now!

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Vinny

You guys watch Rebels too? I'm finishing the first season and also watching the first season of the clone wars. Seemingly, Rebels replaces The Force Unleashed in the canon, no?

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

LaserdiscGal

Vinny wrote:

You guys watch Rebels too? I'm finishing the first season and also watching the first season of the clone wars. Seemingly, Rebels replaces The Force Unleashed in the canon, no?

Nothing in Force Unleased (or any videogame minus Uprising and some aspects of Battlefront [2015]) are cannon.

LaserdiscGal

the_shpydar

@Santa
Cannon go boom.
(Sorry, old joke from TheForce.net message boards years ago. "Canon" is the correct spelling, so it was a running gag when someone would spell it "cannon")

Also, regarding your spoiler-blocked post above — that may honestly make me stop watching Rebels. That character's appearance was pretty much what made me stop watching Clone Wars altogether. Sigh.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

LaserdiscGal

Nice to see SNL can still be funny, and that Adam Driver has a sense of humor.

LaserdiscGal

Haru17

He creeps me the heck out. Like, what's with his voice?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Henmii

Has anyone seen the mid-season trailer of Rebels?! Oh they can make it look so awesome, those trailers! The episodes probably won't be half as good as that trailer suggests, but still interesting stuff.

Spoiler: Its suggested that Ezra goes to the darkside. Only temporarily I guess, but at one scene he has a cross-shaped lightsaber...oh dear?! End of spoilers!

Henmii

adamkop

^^
Yeah it's on the previous page
Show looks great anyway. I wouldn't mind a higher budget, but overall I'm liking it more than I did the Clone Wars. The quality of writing and variety of stories are already much more interesting. I sometimes had issues with CW pacing, but it seems pretty much perfect right now in Rebels.

adamkop

GamecubeMan

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…
-Darth Plagueis

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

iKhan

I stopped watching Rebels halfway through the 1st season. The quality was just too inconsistent. Sometimes it was great, but then you got an awful episode the following week. It doesn't help that Hera was incredibly annoying to me.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

LaserdiscGal

iKhan wrote:

I stopped watching Rebels halfway through the 1st season. The quality was just too inconsistent. Sometimes it was great, but then you got an awful episode the following week. It doesn't help that Hera was incredibly annoying to me.

Just skip the rest of season 1 and start with season 2, the whole season thus far has been steller.

GamecubeMan wrote:

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…
-Darth Plagueis

I see you too also read Wookiepedia's quote of the day

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

Octane

@GamecubeMan: A friend of mine bought it, it wasn't bad as far as I've heard. I might buy it myself too, if I can find the time to read a book.

Octane

LaserdiscGal

@GamecubeMan

After reading it I can say it's not that well written, but if you want some Canon tidbits that aren't in the film (until the deleted scenes possibly) you should go out and buy it.

LaserdiscGal

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic