Forums

Topic: Everything Star Wars discussion thread| How you doing, you old pirate?

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,108

bezerker99

@the_shpydar: That's awesome. Cool bosses do rock!!

The 2nd viewing of TFA was my first ever IMAX theatre experience. It was pretty epic to say the least.

I'm taking a girl out this weekend to see the movie. I think she's seen it twice as well so this will be our 3rd viewing.

I want to get Episodes IV, V, and VI on bluray/dvd. I could care less about the prequels as I'm not a big fan of those (although I know you have no problems with them).

Edited on by bezerker99

GamecubeMan

@bezerker99 oh a lady huh? ;o Also what is your opinion on episode III? I like that movie but at the same time Im conflicted with it. Also, I find cheesy acting hilarious so that kinda clouds my judgement.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

LaserdiscGal

Neko_Ichigofan wrote:

Are there any worthwhile Star Wars games on the original Wii? I've done a little research, but I can't find enough info to feel safe purchasing any of those games at present so any info would be appreciated.

Force Unleased 2 isn't that bad of a port. It's relatively cheap as well.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

IceClimbers

Finally saw The Force Awakens. Great movie overall. I do feel that parts of it were meant to stick close to A New Hope as a way to "pass the torch" to the new generation (Rey, Finn, Poe).

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

dumedum

Santa wrote:

Neko_Ichigofan wrote:

Are there any worthwhile Star Wars games on the original Wii? I've done a little research, but I can't find enough info to feel safe purchasing any of those games at present so any info would be appreciated.

Force Unleased 2 isn't that bad of a port. It's relatively cheap as well.

No, no, no. Force Unleashed 2 is garbage. The first Force Unleashed though uses Wii motion controls in an incredible way. Just thinking about it makes me want to play it again. Love that game, one of the best Star Wars games ever, and one of the best motion controlled games.

GamecubeMan wrote:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/30/star-wars-release-datest regardless
Not sure how I feel bout this but regardless all these movies look interesting.

It's all downhill from here. Great film, and now they're going to milk it and ruin it. There's no other way.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Dezzy

Finally saw it. Really enjoyed it on the whole. I'll try and keep this semi-spoiler free. Although people should know better about coming onto this thread if they haven't seen it.
The annoyances:
-Kylo Ren casting was awful. Instantly lost any sense of menace when he took off the mask.
-Neither of the 2 main characters were anything special. Though I think Rey will be developed a lot more in the next one. God knows what else Finn has got to do though. I also had no idea if they were supposed to have a romance thing going on or not?
-Luke's lightsaber was GREEN people! He didn't have a blue one left. He lost that on Bespin with his arm. So that either needs to be explained later or they buggered it up.
-Leia was unrecognisable as a character. I know Carrie hadn't acted that much in the intervening years but she really felt like she had no idea who she was supposed to be.

And the positives:
-The general story they've set up is an interesting one. It genuinely got me excited for the next 2.
-Harrison Ford was completely seamless with his old self. Felt like the exact same character just in an older body.
-Snoke was a nice and scary figure. I hope he's really that size.
-The main shock-moment was well done and I think really gave the bad guys more weight going forward.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

GamecubeMan

@Dezzy: I felt like Kylo no menacing face was symbolic of the fact that Kylo is kinda all bark and somewhat no bite. Kinda like a lost young adult that struggles with light vs dark. Also the lightsaber in question was Anakin's lightsaber, one in which Luke used in episode IV and V but lost. Then he makes a new one that he later uses in Return of the Jedi in which is green.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
My

Shinion

@Dezzy: yours is the first comment I've come across who was disappointed with Ren, Rey and Finn, and I think for good reason(s). I'm actually quite amazed that you found all 3 of them to be disappointing, they were all very passionate, incredibly talented and well suited to their roles. I can barely imagine Star Wars without them now, even as a big fan of the prequels, I felt there were next to no performances on par there, even from the big names like Liam Neeson and Ewan Mccgregor. Though whether that is because primarily of the director is for debate. But heck I'd say they were as good as the original trio's debut in a New Hope. I agree with your other points though, I was less won over by Snoke. Just feels like any other big nasty overlord that Marvel have run into the ground by this point, I'll give him another chance though.

Shinion

jump

I really enjoyed the new guys, Rey is probably too much of a Mary Sue who becomes great with the force too easily but it's a small thing. I find Ren works as a geeky guy as he's an emo kid who's not that bad but trying to be evil. Finn is great but perhaps for a brainwashed stormtrooper he gets too jokey and could of taken a moment to earn his personality back.

I still find the main problem with it is they had to take a poo on the orginal events and characters to make an angsty backdrop and making the original films meaningless, my goto example is R2D2 the comic relief character got so depressed he turns himself off.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Klimbatize

I laugh when people say Kylo Ren looks wimpy once he took his mask off. That's the point!

Don't worry. They'll shape him into a ghastly villain over the next couple of films. The transformations in VII-IX aren't just going to be about the good guys.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

jump

Although I do find it odd that Ren doesn't look anything like his parents, my theory is it's due to inbreeding and Luke and Leia got it on behind Han's back which would explain why he decided he had enough and went to get a pack of smokes to never return like a dead beat Dad as the only fanservice throwback moment missing was the incest love triangle.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Klimbatize

@arronishere: Yes! I hope Abrams and crew have the stones to make this canon.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Whopper744

Finished up the book Lost Stars yesterday and loved it. It's actually my first book in the new canon I think. I just hope it gets a sequel...

Ordered the Rise of the Empire so I can read Tarkin mostly, but it also comes with A New Order (I think that's the name of it) which leads up to the cartoon Rebels from what I hear (though I've never really watched it since I'm a bit unsure on how kiddie it is....this coming from a guy who plays more Mario games than anything).

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

GamecubeMan

SPOILERS: Anyone else notice how it was mentioned that there were two jedi that murdered and betrayed the new generation Luke was raising? I doubt it was Snoke for several reasons. So its kinda like the end of Episode I. We have seen a "sith" but we was he a master or the apprentice? Also, Im kinda bothered about some of the complaints I have seen. Most of them are nitpicked that will be addressed in the later films....

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
My

DiscoDriver43

So I was watching the prequels. Does the relationship with Palpatine or any of General Grevious's motivations get explained in more detail or anything? Cause Revenge of the sith doesn't do much with him.

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

Octane

@DiscoDriver43: The Force Awakens tries its hardest not to mention any of prequel films, and let's just say; that's a good thing (:

Octane

DiscoDriver43

@Octane: yeah. the best experience is watching the prequels, then afterwards watching Redlettermedia trash them. speaking of which, i do wonder how he feels about the Force Awakens

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

iKhan

Octane wrote:

@DiscoDriver43: The Force Awakens tries its hardest not to mention any of prequel films, and let's just say; that's a good thing (:

Disagree with that. People like to act like the prequels did nothing right, and that's just not true.

As much as I like TFA, it's biggest flaws likely stemmed from an over-avoidance of the prequels. We don't get to see the grand new republic that blossomed from Return of the Jedi. We don't get to see many cool new environments like Mustafar or Naboo. And we don't get the intense, action pact lightsaber fights like in Phantom Menace or Revenge of the Sith.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic