Forums

Topic: Everything Star Wars discussion thread| How you doing, you old pirate?

Posts 281 to 300 of 1,108

the_shpydar

@TylerTheCreator:
I'm sure plenty of people noticed the resemblance, but no one is talking about it because we all know that it's Kylo Ren. There's nothing to talk about.

@bezerker99:
Ha, i also have two copies of the trilogy on VHS, both the original versions and the special edition versions. Thankfully i also have the collector's tin set of the OT on DVD that the sold at Best Buy which includes discs for each of the original/theatrical unaltered versions of the films.
(it's this thing: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trilogy-Widescreen-Theatrical-Edit...

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

shingi_70

At about chapter seventeen of Dark Disciple, and i'm really enjoying. It helps that Ventress is in my top favorite Star Wars characters, and its made me warm up to Qinnlan Vos who I never cared much for.

After im finishing with that I'll only have a few books(mostly YA stuff) to read to be caught up till the Battlefront novel comes out.

Current Star Wars comics are really great. Vader has one of the most power moments when he finds out the last name of the pilot who blew up the death star.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

the_shpydar

shingi_70 wrote:

At about chapter seventeen of Dark Disciple, and i'm really enjoying. It helps that Ventress is in my top favorite Star Wars characters, and its made me warm up to Qinnlan Vos who I never cared much for.

After im finishing with that I'll only have a few books(mostly YA stuff) to read to be caught up till the Battlefront novel comes out.

Current Star Wars comics are really great. Vader has one of the most power moments when he finds out the last name of the pilot who blew up the death star.

I still need to pick up Dark Disciple, as i also quite like Ventress (more so in the Republic comics than in the CW series, but she was still good there). And i feel kinda the same about Vos; he had some good stories in Republic, but i never warmed up to him as much as a lot of fans did back then. Something about his character always seemed a bit forced (no pun intended) to me.

Agreed that the current comics are excellent. I really enjoyed the recent Lando limited series, cuz Lando is awesome and it was very cool to see the character of Lobot expanded upon. And yes, that moment when Vader finds out the pilot was named Skywalker was absolutely excellent. They are really nailing the comics, especially the Vader series.

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

TylerTheCreator

@WaveGhoul: @the_shpydar

I've known for a long time that Adam Driver is playing Kylo. He has long hair but it's not as wavy as Hayden Christensen's hair, like in the photos I showed. You guys are being a bit condescending talking to me like that too and I don't appreciate it. I was just trying to talk about Star Wars.

I feel that Kylo Ren has a mask for a reason. They've been keeping his identity hidden in the trailers. Why would he have his back turned? Because they want people to try to recognize who he is. But what would be the surprise in finding out the identity if it's Adam Driver - a guy who hasn't been involved in Star War at all? They'd reveal him and people would say "Who is that? Why were they hiding his face? I don't know who he is." That's because Adam Driver probably plays the guy while in the costume but someone else plays him when he's unmasked. Darth Vader wasn't that bald guy from Episode VI the whole time. Do you know what I mean?

And I don't think anyone can deny that he's definitely wearing the same clothes as Anakin.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

shingi_70

To be fair Kylo Ren belongs to a group called the Knights of Ren. In the trailer we see him surrounded by similarly dresses dudes.
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

PanicPuppet

Found this and though I'd share. To me this has something the actual trailer lacks: fun.

(A bit of a rant in relation to the vid, sorry!)
I'll always be a supporter of Jar Jar. He added something fresh to SW (I've heard people say he's like if Buster Keaton was Superman), and despite what naysayers may obsessively claim, he isn't terrible (isn't that what the Holiday Special is?) He's a well-meaning, jester-type character who always stands by his friends; its hardly worth implying he's anything worse than that.

Generally speaking, I wish "those" fans would just let go of their hate barring anything post-1983 and just get along. SW is forever and it doesn't make things better if people feel they have to "pick a side."

OT or PT, TCW or Rebels, TFA and beyond; Star Wars is Star Wars.

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

shaneoh

Senate_Guard wrote:

Found this and though I'd share. To me this has something the actual trailer lacks: fun.

snip

I'll always be a supporter of Jar Jar. He added something fresh to SW (I've heard people say he's like if Buster Keaton was Superman), and despite what naysayers may obsessively claim, he isn't terrible (isn't that what the Holiday Special is?) He's a well-meaning, jester-type character who always stands by his friends; its hardly worth implying he's anything worse than that.

Generally speaking, I wish "those" fans would just let go of their hate barring anything post-1983 and just get along. SW is forever and it doesn't make things better if people feel they have to "pick a side."

Lol, got an ad for ADHD before that video started. Fitting.

If it weren't for Jar Jar, the prequel trilogy would be more enjoyable.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

TylerTheCreator

shingi_70 wrote:

To be fair Kylo Ren belongs to a group called the Knights of Ren. In the trailer we see him surrounded by similarly dresses dudes.
Untitled

Thank you for sharing that.

See? I know my theory has a chance of being correct!

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

LaserdiscGal

@TylerTheCreator

I'm fairly certain he's Luke's son and Rey's brother, but that's just my speculation.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

shingi_70

Hmm I had Kylo Ren as Han/Leia son and Eey as Luke's daughter. Rey just seems to parallel Luke/Anikan from the footage shown so far.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

LaserdiscGal

@shingi_70

But we're both fairly certain they're related in some way though.

I thought is was nearly confirmed with the quote one of the Kylo Ren toys "So you're a scavenger now?" referring to Rey most likely as she is "Just a Scavenger".

So I'm thinking Brother/Sister, but Cousins make total sense as well.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Klimbatize

Senate_Guard wrote:

Jar Jar is horrible, and it has nothing to do with not liking anything past the original trilogy. I personally really like the prequels and find them very rewatchable...except for Jar Jar. He's embarrassingly bad. Like, terrible. If anything, he's defended out of nostalgia by young people who watched Episode I when they were really young so they like everything about it. I dig Episode I, but Jar Jar is awful.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Henmii

"I feel that Kylo Ren has a mask for a reason. They've been keeping his identity hidden in the trailers. Why would he have his back turned?"

It already has been revealed that Adam Driver plays Kylo Ren. Its the person we saw from behind, but also the person with the mask (or is he?). But I do get what you mean: If he wears a mask to "mask" his identity, why does he also take it of sometimes? I have a feeling that the person behind the mask is someone totally different. Probably not Luke, but someone of the same age as Kylo. That there are a bunch of people with masks (the knights of Ren) makes things more complicated. Who are they protecting?

Also, some people find it hard to swallow that the main Jedi may be a black ex-stormtrooper. So far Fin is the only good person shown with a lightsaber in its hands. The staff from Rey looks like a double lightsaber, but I guess its just a staff. Yes people, John Boyega REALLY plays the hero (namely Fin)!

Back to Rebels: Don't you guys think its stupid that they again introduce a inquisitor? Yes, he looks very cool (like the hammer-head creature from Pirates of the caribean 2 and 3), and is probably voiced by the person who does Fishface (TMNT2012). But its another inquisitor, that may die at the end of the season. Without a backstory (if we are unlucky). Why not just give us Darth Vader again?! Oh, the new inquisitor is called "The fifth brother" for some reason.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

PanicPuppet

@Klimbatize: Give some of the TCW episodes he appeared in a watch.

A LOT of people who previously disliked him say his roles in TCW redeemed him in their eyes. He was shown doing things like investigating planets, aiding others in many battles, helping with political issues, etc. and if you ask me he works better in animation due to his cartoony nature. Overall he was put to better use and grew as a character; even getting a love interest in the last season.

He was never horrible, he was just misused. Don't group everyone who says the latter into the "nostalgia camp", especially when a big problem with the fandom itself is OT nostalgia.

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

Henmii

But there are also many, MANY people who still hated him in the Clone wars. In fact, the Jar Jar and Padme episodes are the most hated episodes. I am one of the few people who likes him. And as a miracle, I knew a person who also liked him.

Henmii

shingi_70

I loved the political episoides of Clone Wars.

@Henmii:

Well using Vader is problematic since he's too powerful and him not just murking the heroes would lessen him.

As for the Inqusuitors their an Order that works under the Sith. Remember in CW when Cad Bane was stealing the child for Palpatine, or last season of revels how Zaires sister when missing after showing the same atituide Ezra had.

The Inquisior of last season was the Grand one and we know theirs at least seven in addition to him, with us meeting the third brother and seventh sister.

WAT!

Henmii

"Well using Vader is problematic since he's too powerful"

Yeah, that may be the case

"As for the Inqusuitors their an Order that works under the Sith"

You may know this from some books/comics, I am not sure. The inquisitors where never mentioned in the Clone wars. I hope we learn more about the inquisitors and their back stories. I would hate to see a new inquisitor every season, without learning anything about them. The only thing they have in common so far is that automated lightsaber.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

LaserdiscGal

@Henmii

Inquisitors have yet be explained in Cannon to my knowledge.

I would love to see a flashback issue of Vader to explain it (Similar to the Obi-Wan issue in Star Wars), or possibly just have it explained this season on Rebels.

LaserdiscGal

the_shpydar

Yeah, they still have yet to really delve into the Inquisitors.

But just conceptually, they're not outside what has come before, both in current canon and in prior EU-canon (now dubbed "Legends") — during Clone Wars you had Ventress, for example, who wasn't Sith, but could probably (at least at a certain point in her story) be called a dark side acolyte. Same with Opress, the Nightsisters, etc. And on the other side of things, you had for example the dark-siders in Dark Empire II and in the Kyle Katarn/Dark Forces trilogy.

Basically, to me, the Inquisitors are like dark side acolytes, who are now referred to as "Inquisitors" because one of their main functions is to investigate, hunt, and destroy any surviving Jedi and higher-level Rebel threats.

I also won't be surprised to see some sort of connection made (eventually) between the nature of the Inquisitors as dark-siders and the Knights of Ren (or at least their beginnings).

The Shpydarloggery

LaserdiscGal

the_shpydar wrote:

I also won't be surprised to see some sort of connection made (eventually) between the nature of the Inquisitors as dark-siders and the Knights of Ren (or at least their beginnings).

Couldn't agree with you more.

LaserdiscGal

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic