Forums

Topic: Everything Star Wars discussion thread| How you doing, you old pirate?

Posts 241 to 260 of 1,108

shingi_70

So there's a rumor on reddit that we will get more clone Wars era content. The first run of what's been called the The Clone Wars Legacy consisted of the Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir comic, Assaj Ventress novel Dark Disciple, and the four unfinished episoides in story reel form that made up the Crystal Crisis on Utapau arc. Now th rumor is saying that we would get in 2016

-The Ashoka Underworld arc dealing with the aftermath of her leaving the Jedi Order released as a story reel.
-A five part Ashoka comic series
-A five part comic entitled the Invasion of Mandalore as a way to finally wrap up the Darth Maul/Death Watch plot.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

DefHalan

My Wife would love more Ahsoka stories.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Henmii

So, now that it is already October I hope we see a proper trailer soon. I have to admit they are really secretive, wich is really good. Sure there are rumors, but they are still rumors. We know next to nothing about the story so far. But a cool, proper trailer, I would love that!

Henmii

shingi_70

Looks like the Trailer is set to be released this coming Monday alongside Monday Night Football.

Rebels also started back up this week, not as good as Seige of Lothal but it was a decent premier episoide.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Henmii

Yeah, saw the first (or should I say second) episode of Rebels season 2 too. It was pretty fun (even though I am not a Rebels fan). The walking tank or whatever it was reminded me much of Hayao Miyazaki's moving castle. Very cool looking!

As for a proper Force awakens trailer: It seems to finally coming! I really can't wait! By the way: Did you guys see the official poster? No Luke Skywalker on it! What does this mean? Either his role is very small, or very big (to big for the poster). Or we have to wait till episode 8 or 9 before we see him. I still hope he's the big, evil sith-lord!

Henmii

shingi_70

So good.

I just finished Aftermath, it sets up the post ROTJ era pretty well.

WAT!

shaneoh

Darth_Vader wrote:

Went to Wal-Mart to get a First Order Trooper from the Black line, out of stock.
So I got Chewy, and a few new people (Kylo, Finn, and Rey) and put them on my star wars shelf.

I'm eagerly waiting for Revan to come out.

Also the new trailer has got me pumped for Force Awakens.

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

the_shpydar

shingi_70 wrote:

So good.

I just finished Aftermath, it sets up the post ROTJ era pretty well.

I just finished reading it last week as well. Very good story, and i loved all the little "Interlude" chapters that were really setting the stage of how things are in the galaxy post-Jedi (as well as, i'm sure, setting things up for the next two novels in the series).

Also, DAT TRAILER. So much goodness. So. Much.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Henmii

Saw the trailer: It was a cool trailer with a powerful score, but somehow it didn't totally blew me away. But still a cool trailer, and I am still pumped for the movie. I hoped to see more creatures and robots though. Still, they showed one very cool new robot.

Spoiler: I believe I saw Luke, and it seems he's Kylo's prisoner. Or is he Kylo's master?! End of spoiler.

Henmii

PanicPuppet

I thought the trailer was pretty good, it finally got me excited! Up until now it was pretty ridiculous with all the secrecy, so its great to finally have the curtain lifted a bit more. My favorite shot is of the Falcon going through hyperspace; so heart-pounding! TFA will definitely be a movie worth seeing in 3D!

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

Henmii

"TFA will definitely be a movie worth seeing in 3D!"

I guess I'll just watch it in 2D, because I find 3D a bit distracting. I don't have that problem with the 3DS. I wear glasses, so its always a hassle to put the 3D glasses over my normal glasses.

Henmii

jump

MasterBombad wrote:

TFA will definitely be a movie worth seeing in 3D!

Meh, the Star Trek films weren't despite all of the space CGI stuff.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

shaneoh

arronishere wrote:

MasterBombad wrote:

TFA will definitely be a movie worth seeing in 3D!

Meh, the Star Trek films weren't despite all of the space CGI stuff.

Yeah of the 3D films I've seen, the only ones where the 3D was any good were animated films.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Rogueleader0908

I just watched the trailer for the 6th time and I have just one statement. I CANT WAIT 2 MONTHS!!!

This trailer though was very well put together. It has a feel where there is a bit of mystery but somethings are known. It's also nice seeing the First Order have some power. I can tell that type characters will be very likable. And one question, WHERE IS WEDGE?

Rogueleader0908

Nintendo Network ID: Rogueleader0908

shingi_70

@the_shpydar:

Yeah the interludes were the best parts of the book. The Han and the one with Vadars Saber were the highlights. The main book was good love Sinjir and Rae Salone.

WAT!

LaserdiscGal

Did everyone manage get their tickets? I'm so excited for this film, I just can't wait!

Though last time I was this excited for a Starwars Film it didn't turn out well

Rogueleader0908 wrote:

And one question, WHERE IS WEDGE?

Apparently the actor that played Wedge is a pompous jerk (from the reports I read) and he claimed that this new film was above him, so he won't be in it.

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

DefHalan

I wasn't able to get tickets, but a friend of mine is offering me his extra tickets at Universal City Walk. Might be going there.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Kylo_Ren

Going to try to get the tickets tomorrow. Can't wait to see Kylo Ren in action (who is way better than Darth Vader).
KYLO REN!

Since this is the Star Wars thread, who finds that there favorite movie is Revenge of the Sith?

EDIT: http://www.slashfilm.com/wedge-antilles-star-wars-7/ Here is something to explain about Wedge's decision.

Edited on by Kylo_Ren

Kylo_Ren

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic