Forums

Topic: Everything Star Wars discussion thread| How you doing, you old pirate?

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,108

DefHalan

So last night I watched Episode 3. Out of that trilogy Episode 1 is still my favorite. However my Dog really enjoyed watching Yoda fight, he was so intense during those scenes, he wouldn't take his eyes off the screen. I wonder what he will think of episodes 4-6.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

RegalSin

Uhmmm okay I am tried of this anti-age bs against the original SW:1-3. George Lucas wrote the entire thing from years ago. He did not "reinvent" anything or "edit" anything at all. The relationship between Annie and Padme are okay. That is how it feels like to be an young kid in love with the princess ( pop-idol, big-sister, next-thing-to-mom ).

For an princess who is trained to deal with diplomatic affairs Padme was decent. However as with most diplomatic/royals/politicals they are dumb-foundly frisky. To think that she would fall in love with one of the most top-knights and thus would be Annie. Of course she also did mention all the other "boyfriends" that Annie was profoundingly disgusted to hear about. That was the funniest LOL-teather moment of Star-Wars. "Oh this girl had an bunch of different guys, and she was my first and last".

Annie is like Mister Scrooge clinging on to what they consider is the nicest thing. For Scrooge it is his sister who pasted away and for Annie it is the princess of the universe; shining brightly ahead of him. I think she liked that idea as well.

Moving on from SW: Drama into SW:Dinsey........

Disney is dumb to refuse any of the ideas of George Lucas. If they feel it is because the fan base is not coming back because of episode one. I don't think so. Episode one is forgivable being that it is the beginning but JarJarBinks being promoted to general and an stray bullet not hitting him is not. It is like the complete reversal of "Macross" or "Gundam". I mean why JarJar, why.... But again the whole entire thing is forgivable in my opinion.

About the "African decent Storm trooper" in my opinion is complete bullcrap. The original Bobo Fett was an great hunter and while that might be discrimination towards Native Americans ( Fake Indians ) he is probably the most beloved characters for father figures, single-men, and so forth.

Disney is probably attempting to pull another Mace Windu from out the hat. I am not going to see another film that attempts to do that. Otherwise I am tired of the whiting of Bobo and Jango fett. the comics/stories/tales of the series are complete garbage and has nothing to do with the actual characters.
Okay a person running in an stolen/borrowed/alternative Storm Trooper uniform is okay; but lets not feed the "Africans are better physically" rubbish.
I am getting tired of that garbage and all.

Lucas personally did good in respecting how people from young ages can only achieve things. Reminds me of my aunt who passed away and had two children. One when she was barely sixteen and the other later in life. The funny thing is that she only survived by the one who was born earlier while the second past away at not even thirty. In relevance to Starwars it is best to enjoy life young instead of waste it away before cancer, or sickness, or something like that occur. That is why Lucus character ages makes a lot of sense to the commoner or uncommoner people.

Personally Disney is garbage nowadays and anything that it touches will be tarnished by current trends and current themes. The same for DC or any of the big SnappleDoctorPeperCocaCola types.

Checkout GaMEr TrEcK dot com

HollywoodHogan

RegalSin wrote:

Uhmmm okay I am tried of this anti-age bs against the original SW:1-3. George Lucas wrote the entire thing from years ago. He did not "reinvent" anything or "edit" anything at all. The relationship between Annie and Padme are okay. That is how it feels like to be an young kid in love with the princess ( pop-idol, big-sister, next-thing-to-mom ).

For an princess who is trained to deal with diplomatic affairs Padme was decent. However as with most diplomatic/royals/politicals they are dumb-foundly frisky. To think that she would fall in love with one of the most top-knights and thus would be Annie. Of course she also did mention all the other "boyfriends" that Annie was profoundingly disgusted to hear about. That was the funniest LOL-teather moment of Star-Wars. "Oh this girl had an bunch of different guys, and she was my first and last".

Annie is like Mister Scrooge clinging on to what they consider is the nicest thing. For Scrooge it is his sister who pasted away and for Annie it is the princess of the universe; shining brightly ahead of him. I think she liked that idea as well.

Moving on from SW: Drama into SW:Dinsey........

Disney is dumb to refuse any of the ideas of George Lucas. If they feel it is because the fan base is not coming back because of episode one. I don't think so. Episode one is forgivable being that it is the beginning but JarJarBinks being promoted to general and an stray bullet not hitting him is not. It is like the complete reversal of "Macross" or "Gundam". I mean why JarJar, why.... But again the whole entire thing is forgivable in my opinion.

About the "African decent Storm trooper" in my opinion is complete bullcrap. The original Bobo Fett was an great hunter and while that might be discrimination towards Native Americans ( Fake Indians ) he is probably the most beloved characters for father figures, single-men, and so forth.

Disney is probably attempting to pull another Mace Windu from out the hat. I am not going to see another film that attempts to do that. Otherwise I am tired of the whiting of Bobo and Jango fett. the comics/stories/tales of the series are complete garbage and has nothing to do with the actual characters.
Okay a person running in an stolen/borrowed/alternative Storm Trooper uniform is okay; but lets not feed the "Africans are better physically" rubbish.
I am getting tired of that garbage and all.

Lucas personally did good in respecting how people from young ages can only achieve things. Reminds me of my aunt who passed away and had two children. One when she was barely sixteen and the other later in life. The funny thing is that she only survived by the one who was born earlier while the second past away at not even thirty. In relevance to Starwars it is best to enjoy life young instead of waste it away before cancer, or sickness, or something like that occur. That is why Lucus character ages makes a lot of sense to the commoner or uncommoner people.

Personally Disney is garbage nowadays and anything that it touches will be tarnished by current trends and current themes. The same for DC or any of the big SnappleDoctorPeperCocaCola types.

Untitled

Friend to all SJW's

DefHalan

SPOILERS

They just did something in the Star Wars Comics that a lot of people seem upset about

http://io9.com/the-new-in-canon-star-wars-comic-just-did-some...

I haven't read the issue yet but I was wonder what NLers think?

Edited on by DefHalan

DefHalan

Linkmeister wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

SPOILERS

They just did something in the Star Wars Comics that a lot of people seem upset about

http://io9.com/the-new-in-canon-star-wars-comic-just-did-some...

I haven't read the issue yet but I was wonder what NLers think?

I hate it. It's as clumsy to the plot as it is stupid. :/ (of the whole original trilogy that is)

Can you elaborate? Might have to use Spoiler Tags when you do.

gcunit

No, please don't elaborate. There's a link provided, read it if you want, but let's not take any risks on this sort of thing.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

DefHalan

gcunit wrote:

No, please don't elaborate. There's a link provided, read it if you want, but let's not take any risks on this sort of thing.

Ok, I was just wondering people's opinion and why.

the_shpydar

People should let the story play out first before reacting so vehemently. I can think of a dozen ways that the character's story plays out well.

But this is the internet, after all. Why wait before giving a knee-jerk reaction?

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

DefHalan

the_shpydar wrote:

People should let the story play out first before reacting so vehemently. I can think of a dozen ways that the character's story plays out well.

But this is the internet, after all. Why wait before giving a knee-jerk reaction?

That is why I was so curious to know why people were so upset, we have no context for it, let it play out.

Rogueleader0908

It's because it doesn't fit well in the three year between 4 and 5 to me. If it was before it'd make more sense. That's all

Rogueleader0908

Nintendo Network ID: Rogueleader0908

DefHalan

Linkmeister wrote:

It's because it doesn't fit well in the three year between 4 and 5 to me. If it was before it'd make more sense. That's all

How not? We don't really know exactly what has been happening during those 3 years, how does this small story not fit in?

Rogueleader0908

DefHalan wrote:

Linkmeister wrote:

How not? We don't really know exactly what has been happening during those 3 years, how does this small story not fit in?

It can fit. But I have a feeling that it is a much larger story. Also it feels a bit awkward. I think it's just a sudden change which I don't like. Maybe it'll get better but I want more of a reason as why this happened.

Rogueleader0908

Nintendo Network ID: Rogueleader0908

DefHalan

Linkmeister wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Linkmeister wrote:

It can fit. But I have a feeling that it is a much larger story. Also it feels a bit awkward. I think it's just a sudden change which I don't like. Maybe it'll get better but I want more of a reason as why this happened.

Well future issues will dive into that, this was like one of the last pages in this issue.

shingi_70

It makes sense becuase people tend to forget that Han isn't a good person until the end of the Empire.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

the_shpydar

I have to point out that, while the old EU is no longer canon, the new canon has been re-introducing many of the same elements that already existed (essentially "re-canon-izng" stuff) in the old EU. And while that character is new, he/she/it (no spoilers! ) has a few possible analogues from the old Han Solo Trilogy and Han Solo Adventures Trilogy. I have a pretty good idea on where they're going with it (i'm expecting one of two scenarios, neither of which i will mention to avoid possible spolierness), so it's all good as far as i'm concerned.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

RegalSin

Han was the entire series. Luk was just side-story that is why he loses his arm.
Then we had the awesome animated series known as "Space Balls". Dear god I will never forget how that evacuation scene was. Every single time they went inside of an pod it was occupied. Even the President was kicked aside.

You have the general, the President, and the Dork Vador. Pizza-da-hut ate himself. It doesn't get any better then that asides for "Galexina" where they had the spinning bedroom and the robot got dizzy. Of course she was not eaten because she was an robot and not human. Harely Davidson Harley Devidsun, " We got whipflash". Those were the good days when Starwars was improved and made even more auwsom-o, then it was.

Again Han was the entire film and is the same reason why the N64 received that game. Thanks to that game "Shadows" ( which is one of the most challenging things I have played on hard mode ) it pushed the N64 in the light.

Disney is going nuke the entire series.

Checkout GaMEr TrEcK dot com

shingi_70

RegalSin wrote:

Han was the entire series. Luk was just side-story that is why he loses his arm.

The door is that way and you can let yourself out.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

DBPirate

Man, two years later and I am still not over Disney canceling The Clone Wars. There are so many opportunities they could've had. I would've personally liked to see the Son of Dathomir episodes (not just a comic or early production video). They said they had got up to Season 10 in production. Why couldn't Disney just let Rebels wait?

Are there any fans of Clone Wars here? What are your favorite and least favorite episodes?

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

Tasuki

Christopher Lee who played Count Dooku passed away the other day at 93. Count Dooku was one of the many things he played. Honestly I thought Dracula and Sarumon in Lot were his best roles.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic