Forums

Topic: Everything Star Wars discussion thread| How you doing, you old pirate?

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,108

Jaz007

Anyone else think that this gen could be a return for great Star Wars games? Two gens ago great games like Battlefront and KOTOR came out. Last gen was okay with TFU, but this gen we're already seeing a return of Battlefront, I feel like some other great games are on the way too.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

shingi_70

Battlefront is going to be pretty awesome, I'm just wondering how Lucasfilm/DICE plan to do for the story mode of the game. The previous ones didn't have any traditional story mode, but EA has been pushing its shooter series to be Ultra thematic. So i'm wondering what time period are we going to see the main story take place even if we know the multiplayer mode will have maps from all three major time periods.I'm looking forward to the Amy Henning Star Wars game myself, and sort of hope Lucasfilm decides to bring back the Darth Maul game that was n development for the wii.

I just got Tarkin on Audio book so I'll probably start to listen too it this weekend.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

The four page preview of Star Wars #1 from Jason Aaron and John Cassidy
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

rumor is that Simon Kinberg is now the main writer on the first star wars spin-off.

http://www.slashfilm.com/rumor-simon-kinberg-star-wars-standa...

He was rumored to be one of the reasons why Wiseman left rebels and is pretty much the second big dude on the show. With the rumors of the spin-off film revolving around the death star.

WAT!

Henmii

So now that the first season of Rebels is over (what a short season it was), I can't say my opinion has changed much. The series is entertaining but nowhere as good as Clone wars. To me it just feels like Starwars-light. I also don't care much about the rebels themselves (sorry guys). I keep watching though, but it has a long way to go if they want to achieve Clone wars greatness.

Spoiler: Everybody hypes about Ahsoka and Darth Vader. But Ahsoka looks nothing like the old Ahsoka (yeah, she is much older. But they have probably changed her looks to much). And whats with Inquisitor out, Darth Vader in?! We barely knew the Inquisitor! We not even know his back-ground! All the potential around this character has been crushed in one fell swoop. There really was no need to introduce this character at all it seems (apart from merchandise)! End of spoiler.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

PanicPuppet

I personally can't get into Rebels; mainly due to not caring much about all these new charcters. Clone Wars is still the better show so far. (Yeah I'm one of those people.)

But once they properly introduced Darth Vader in the recent episode (don't care much for Ahsoka, but don't hate her either), I'll probably be interested enough to watch future eps. Now if we could just see what a certain clumsy, good-hearted gungan has been up to (leading his own rebel cell perhaps?), I'd be one happy fanboy.

PanicPuppet

shingi_70

Eh the idea behind the Inqusistor is that you don't need to know anything about him other than him being Generic dark side bad guy #474749. Its alluded heavily that the Empire has a section and there are mutiple Inquisitors (Cad Bane in Clone Wars, Zaire's sister, Vadar in the first episode.)

Clone Wars is a better seies but just comparing the first season of each, rebels is much stronger. Vadar and Ashoka won't be series regulars next season but will cameo every so often and Ashoka will probably have more screen time than Vadar. Stll next season is going to have

Vadar
Ashoka
more Lando
Hondo

just to name a few.

It helps that Rebels and Clone Wars two very different shows in tone and execution, The Clone Wars is a War Time Serial reel that exponds on the Clone Wars and what leads up too the Fall of the Jedi Order. Rebels starts off a Firefly Light and by the end of the first season is a show about the foundation of the rebel alliance.

As for characters I really like Kanan and Hera thanks too the New Dawn Novel, and I find Ezra to be less grating and going through some great character developments from the start to the end of the season.Chopper is an *** and it works so perfectly for him. Zebb and Sabine don't get much focus at all which is unfortunate as they seem to have interesting backstories.

Like I said earler I like the Inquisitor but he wasn't meant to be someone who you need to know the background of but is instead more an attack dog and his apperance are there to push the Ezra and Kanan plot forward.

WAT!

Henmii

Hmm, I think the first season of Clone wars was better. But scouring the internet, it seems I am in the minority. Yeah Chopper is kinda cool. Like a very naughty R2D2, with bad manners.

"Its alluded heavily that the Empire has a section and there are mutiple Inquisitors (Cad Bane in Clone Wars, Zaire's sister, Vadar in the first episode.)"

Cad Bane is just a bounty hunter, and Vader is just Vader. As far as I know there is only one Inquisitor, and that's the one we just lost (or did we?). I never understood why they introduced him while we had Darth Vader. Why would the Emperor say: "No Vader, stay in your room. We send the Inquisitor out instead". It all felt so pointless.

Henmii

LaserdiscGal

Anyone else reading Darth Vader?

I love the issue #4 so much!

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

the_shpydar

@Amiibo
Yeah, Vader is an great series so far. In fact, i've been enjoying all the new Marvel SW series much more than the final couple years of SW titles that Dark Horse put out.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

DefHalan

Interesting
he said his father has it, not had it. Do you think that means something?

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LaserdiscGal

@DefHalan

That line was taken from when Luke told Leia he was her brother, infact that whole speech was the original audio.

So no, it means nothing.

Also don't wanna brag, but Celebration is amazing! And the crowd is ballistic right now.

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

bezerker99

DefHalan wrote:

Interesting

That's a line taken word for word from Return of the Jedi. And at the time, Vadar was not dead. Whether or not Luke is saying all of this text again in the new movie is debatable but I think it's the old sound clip from RotJ and means nothing other than to remind us that Leia has the power of The Force as well.

DefHalan

bezerker99 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Interesting

That's a line taken word for word from Return of the Jedi. And at the time, Vadar was not dead. Whether or not Luke is saying all of this text again in the new movie is debatable but I think it's the old sound clip from RotJ and means nothing other than to remind us that Leia has the power of The Force as well.

Been a long time since I have seen the movies. Weird. I remember him saying something similar but not exactly that. Also weird that they didn't re-record it or something to make it fit better. Oh well, still a good trailer.

DefHalan

If someone was going to re-watch all the Star Wars movies before the new one comes out, how would people recommend doing it? Going straight through 1-6 or watching how they originally came out 4-6, 1-3?

RegalSin

New movies suck, but they make great fetishes. I mean how many people hre would not enjoy seeing a girl walk around ( or move like ) like Luke Skywalkers ill-minded mother??

To rewatch the movies I would watch the
1 Phantom
2 Clone
3 Revenge
4. Hope
5. Empire
6. Return

Just for the story, because while the New Hope is the original movie and should be watched first it also takes place in the middle. Also the original movies make more sense, because all the newer movies display the SW world as being full of life, while in New Hope the Galexy is extremly dead and barren.

Also do not watch the remakes. They do no justice for the films at all. The Remakes can be spotted by the usage of the white Light-Sabre over the Green Light Sabre. ( Speaking of whiting out, you notice how blonde, pale, and noeless link has become ??? ).

Checkout GaMEr TrEcK dot com

shingi_70

All six movies are awesome and that new trailer has me feeling a certain kind of way.

WAT!

the_shpydar

I've actually been re-watching the Saga recently (for the millionth time) since i picked up the Blu Ray set, and i'm trying the "flashback" viewing order this time around:

1. Star Wars (i never call it "A New Hope")
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. Phantom Menace
4. Attack of the Clones
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. Return of the Jedi

It's actually a cool way to watch them. Since Empire ends with the Vader-father reveal, this turns the prequels into the flashback "origin" story, and kind of creates a cool dynamic before heading back into the conclusion with Jedi.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic