Forums

Topic: Everything Star Wars discussion thread| How you doing, you old pirate?

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,108

Henmii

"Your right that, aside from Zeb, we really haven't seen the protagonists themselves in grave danger though. But knowing Weisman's style, that's probably an intentional choice to focus on introducing the characters"

You may be right. The episode where the Inquisitor arrived was pretty good (and there finally was some danger), and the episode after that wasn't bad either. I stick with the series for a while.

"Capturing and killing prisoners isn't exactly something thats utterly despicable"

I can't agree on that. And the empire blowing up an entire planet, that did made a impact on me since it was a big crime.

"I mean more realistic proportions compared to Clone Wars, which plowed right through Uncanny Valley like it plowed it's own mom..."

You may be right, but it still looks highly cartoony. Especially Ezra's Anime hair.

Speaking of the characters: Aside from the Inquisitor, I think Chopper is pretty cool. Like a R2D2 with a temper. And very mischievous.

"Its was nothing short of amazing to hear the man himself voice the Dark Lord once again!"

As far as I know the original Darth Vader doesn't life anymore. I mean, the actor.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

LaserdiscGal

Henmii wrote:

"Your right that, aside from Zeb, we really haven't seen the protagonists themselves in grave danger though. But knowing Weisman's style, that's probably an intentional choice to focus on introducing the characters"

You may be right. The episode where the Inquisitor arrived was pretty good (and there finally was some danger), and the episode after that wasn't bad either. I stick with the series for a while.

"Capturing and killing prisoners isn't exactly something thats utterly despicable"

I can't agree on that. And the empire blowing up an entire planet, that did made a impact on me since it was a big crime.

"I mean more realistic proportions compared to Clone Wars, which plowed right through Uncanny Valley like it plowed it's own mom..."

You may be right, but it still looks highly cartoony. Especially Ezra's Anime hair.

Speaking of the characters: Aside from the Inquisitor, I think Chopper is pretty cool. Like a R2D2 with a temper. And very mischievous.

"Its was nothing short of amazing to hear the man himself voice the Dark Lord once again!"

As far as I know the original Darth Vader doesn't life anymore. I mean, the actor.

Uh James Earl Jones is very much alive, and he did in fact voice Darth Vader in the extended cut of Spark of The Rebellion. Getcho Facts straight man.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

shingi_70

Tasuki wrote:

The Force Awakens?? Really um I am not a huge Star Wars fanboy but I know enough of SW but WTF?? I am sure the force was present in the whole series so I fail to see how it can be awaken. This film is already sounding like a disaster just with that title alone.

Well if the rumors and speculation are true than the title makes alot of sense. Also look at the previous titles.

The Phantom Menace - The initial villains of the film are Maul and the the trade federation, but the Phantom menace is palatine who is sitting in the background playing both sides

Attack of the clones- such a terrible name on the outset since the clones are only in the last 20 minutes of the movie or so. It could be argued that the clones are the downfall of the Jedi , but the title its self should have been changed.

: Revenge of the sith - Its an obvious play on the original title for the sixth movie, but thematiclly its about the downfall of the Jedi and the sith coming into power pretty quickly.

New Hope - It starts in the middle of the story and Luke is the new hope for the Jedi and the galaxy as a whole, and the role he and his friends play later in the series.

Empire Strikes Back - The empire is in full force and shows you how little blowing up the death star really meant. Movie ends on a very somber note

Return of the Jedi - Luke says it himself he's a Jedi Knight like his father before him, the impetus being the Jedi have returned to the galaxy through Luke and Vadar being redeemed at the end.

The rumor is that Luke went into exile 10 years prior to the film, and the force awakening arrives to Adam Driver, John Boyega, and Daisy Ridleys characters, as well as new force users coming to the forefront.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

PanicPuppet

I really don't like VII's subtitle. It just seems so plain and unimaginitive to me; maybe its because it doesn't follow the creative B-movie mindset like the others did. Who knows, maybe it'll grow on me over time.

PanicPuppet

Henmii

"Uh James Earl Jones is very much alive, and he did in fact voice Darth Vader in the extended cut of Spark of The Rebellion. Getcho Facts straight man"

I obvious didn't know that. Thanks for clearing that up.

"The Phantom Menace - The initial villains of the film are Maul and the the trade federation, but the Phantom menace is palatine who is sitting in the background playing both sides"

Or Anakin Skywalker, since he's both a blessing and a curse. In episode 2 you see a shadow of him as Darth Vader, but I believe this "trick"has also been used on Episode 1 posters.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

iKhan

Okay, this week's episode of Rebels was garbage. It seems like Kevin Hopps has written the two worst episodes this season. I've always hated Hera, she acts like a nagging mother when she has no business doing so. But up until this point I liked Sabine. Now she comes across as a whiny teenager. She just keeps complaining and complaining, even if it's justified, she doesn't really go anywhere with her complaints.

Ugh, and her referring to her past at the Imperial Academy was really poorly introduced. If anyone watches, or watched Phineas and Ferb, it kind of reminded me of how Major Monogram refers to "The Academy" vaguely. Difference is that the latter is basically a satire of the former, where very little is explained, and some traumatic incident is just implied or assumed.

You know an episode is bad when Ezra, Chopper, and Zeb's juvenile antics are the high point. I honestly don't think I've ever seen a cartoon that, mid season, introduces an episode so poor compared to the rest of the show.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

I haven't watched the episode yet but I have it and the next one "Empire Day" currently downloading, However I really disagree about your assessment of Hera. I dunno if its because I read A New Dawn before but Hera and Knaan are my favorite two characters of the ghost. She is obviously the mother figure of the group, but I think it plays out to the dynamic of the ghost crew being more similar to a Joss Whedon show than anything else in the star wars universe seen thus far. But i'll refrain until i've seen the actual episode.

I can't find a link but one of the Star Wars bloggers posted on twitter that a Star Wars rebels console game is in the works making it the third game to be known in development after Battlefront and the Open World game by Visceral.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

iKhan

shingi_70 wrote:

I haven't watched the episode yet but I have it and the next one "Empire Day" currently downloading, However I really disagree about your assessment of Hera. I dunno if its because I read A New Dawn before but Hera and Knaan are my favorite two characters of the ghost. She is obviously the mother figure of the group, but I think it plays out to the dynamic of the ghost crew being more similar to a Joss Whedon show than anything else in the star wars universe seen thus far. But i'll refrain until i've seen the actual episode.

I can't find a link but one of the Star Wars bloggers posted on twitter that a Star Wars rebels console game is in the works making it the third game to be known in development after Battlefront and the Open World game by Visceral.

I don't mind her being a mother figure as much as I mind her voice actor. She just makes the character sound incredibly condescending to me.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

Just finished watching it and its the weakest episode next to the Ezra/Zebb at the market one. I think the main problem is that the show has a no flashbacks rule so they have to find someway to shoe horn's Sabine's backstory in somehow. It was way more organic with Zebb and Kanan where they use it as apart of the plot. Seems like the next few episoides will focus on Ezra's only leaving Hera to be fleshed out more becuase even A New Dawn doesn't go into what turned her into a rebel. My guess is she's the same twilekk that we saw clone troopers save in The Clone Wars

The next episode is out on disney XD, and i'll probably watch it later this weekend.

speculation/rumor time

people are saying that Ezra's dad is commander Rexx from Clone Wars

Also I updated the OP with all the cannon materials. I need to fix a few images, plus add the video game and quick descriptions of everything later tonight.

WAT!

iKhan

"Empire Day" is the best episode of Rebels yet. I'm glad they are refocusing on Ezra. He should be the show's main character.

shingi_70

My favorite episode thus far is probably Breaking Ranks or Rise of the Old Masters, but empire day was really good. I liked they used the Empire theme as an actual in universe theme and forwarding the plot as it comes to Ezra. Personally i'm bigger fans of Kanan and Hera, but Ezra does work better as the POV character.

Here's the febuaury Star Wars comics.
Untitled

STAR WARS #2
JASON AARON (W) • JOHN CASSADAY (A/C)
SKETCH VARIANT COVER BY JOHN CASSADAY
ACTION FIGURE VARIANT BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
VARIANT COVER BY Berkeley Breathed, PULITZER-PRIZE WINNING CREATOR OF BLOOM COUNTY
VARIANT COVER BY LEINIL YU
VARIANT COVER BY HOWARD CHAYKIN
THE GREATEST SPACE ADVENTURE OF ALL TIME CONTINUES!

• The Rebel assault on Cymoon 1 continues!
  • Luke Skywalker – cornered by Darth Vader!
  • Han, Leia, and the others – trapped!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2015 Lucasfilm Ltd

Untitled
Untitled

DARTH VADER #1 & 2
KIERON GILLEN (w) • SALVADOR LARROCA (a)
CoverS by ADI GRANOV
ISSUE #1 - Teaser Variant by JOHN CASSADAY
CONNECTING VARIANT COVER B BY J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS
SKETCH VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS
VARIANT COVER BY MICHAEL GOLDEN
VARIANT COVER BY MIKE DEL MUNDO
YOUNG VARIANT BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
ACTION FIGURE VARIANT BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
MOVIE VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
BLANK VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
ISSUE #2 - VARIANT COVER BY WHILCE PORTACIO
VARIANT COVER BY TBA
The original Dark Lord of the Sith stars in his first ongoing series!
Ever since Darth Vader made his first on-screen appearance, he became the one of the most popular villains to ever haunt an audience’s dreams! Now, follow Vader straight from the ending of A NEW HOPE (and the pages of the new STAR WARS comic book) into his own series, showing the Empire’s war with the Rebel Alliance from the other side! Writer Kieron Gillen (Uncanny X-Men, Journey Into Mystery, Iron Man) and artist Salvador Larroca (Invincible Iron Man, X-Men: No More Humans) bring us a peek behind the mask of evil!
ISSUE #1 - 48 PGS./Rated T …$4.99
ISSUE #2 - 32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

WAT!

shingi_70

The Star Wars Force Awakens trailer s going to be shown this weekend at select theaters.

http://theforce.net/v3-story/frontDisney_Announces_Star_Wars_...

The mid season finale of Rebels is tonight and the show won't be back till January 5th.

Also the plot of the 2016 star wars spin-off film is looking like The story of the guys who stole the death star plans from the empire

WAT!

iKhan

I have to say, I was slightly disappointed in the Rebels midseason finale, "Gathering Forces".

It's not bad, not at all. It's just that my expectations were high, as Empire Day is my favorite episode so far, and Greg Weisman (the genius of writing cartoons) wrote the episode.

The opening seemed a bit odd to me (spoilers onward).

Ezra just started blaming Tseebo out of the blue for his parent's disappearance. So it was kind of a rocky start. And I don't really get the tracer issue. If the Inquisitor could sense them, then what was the point of them attaching the tracer anyway. My last gripe was when the Inquisitor was approaching Ezra. Ezra summoning that giant monster by tapping into the dark side didn't make much sense to me. They had contacted the other monsters with the good side, so why was the giant one somehow connected to the dark side?

But aside from that, I really loved the character building. I loved how Ezra managed to succeed by accepting his fear of the truth, and I generally liked how several elements from previous episodes came into play like Fulcrum and the old clone base.

8/10

shingi_70

@iKhan

I thought Ezra blaming Tseebo for his parents was him projecting something that had been bubbling on the surface. I'd have the same response if I found out that someone who my family trusted wasn't there for them or me. I think the Tracker was just in case the Inquisitor was to grab where they would land in hyper space, when they fell out of it he was able to sense that Ezra and Kanan near the clone outpost. I think the monster was there to give kids who didn't understand a more visual showing of Ezra tapping into the dark side of the force, plus it also gave a visual nod of powerful in the force Ezra potentially is wtth him outclassing both Kanan and the Inquisitor

I know your going to like the next episode when the show returns being a big fan of Ezra. Its called Path of the Jedi and is putting Ezra on the road to getting his lightsaber.

Slashfilm is reporting that Rebels will last 3 to 4 seasons, and than be phased out for a new series set around the same time as episode VII.

http://www.slashfilm.com/new-star-wars-animated-series/

WAT!

Henmii

I am really curious about that trailer too, but I heard its just a teaser-trailer. We won't see much.

As for Rebels: Its still no "Clone wars" epicness, but I'll stick around for a while. Also, the battles really need to become stronger/harder. So far, they really feel to soft. That's just my opinion anyway. This is CERTAINLY aimed at a younger audience while Clone wars was aimed at a older audience.

Henmii

Henmii

So I saw the teaser. Nice teaser! Here are a few things that stood out, spoiler alert:

Storm troopers are still around?
That black person with the Storm trooper outfit, is he a deserteur? Will he become a Jedi?
The girl is probably the daughter of Han Solo or Luke, as has been rumored
Funny "ball" R2DS cousin
A sith lightsaber, with 2 side-arms!
And of course the Millenium falcon and X-wings looking good!

Henmii

shingi_70

As a note Star Wars Rebels comes back tomorrow with Path of the Jedi.

Star Wars Heir to the Jedi is releasing March 3, 2015.

Star Wars Dark Disciple releasing in July has gotten a final cover
Untitled

WAT!

iKhan

Just watched Path of the Jedi. From a story perspective, it was great. I loved the portrayal of a Jedi Temple, and the further explanation of Kanan. Also, I loved the reference to the final battle of Phantom Menace when Kanan was fighting the Inquisitor. Yoda's my favorite Star Wars character too, so that was an added bonus.

My biggest gripe was Taylor Gray's acting. Half of what he said in this episode felt incredibly forced. Though I haven't felt like that for previous episodes. It may just be poor directing on Dave Filoni's part

Edited on by iKhan

shingi_70

The Jedi temple itsself was the highlight, and it took the jedi back to being a mysterious and mystic order. The way the temple comes up and than cloes down as soon as Kanan and Ezra left gave me chills. I felt the way Ezra got the Kaiber Crystal to make his lightsaber was a bit too handfisted for my tastes.

WAT!

LaserdiscGal

I almost expected Ezra to cut off the Inquisitors head, only to have it turn into his own.

But you know, still a great episode.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic