General Discussion Forum

Topic: the nintendolife Star Wars apperication thread!!!!!

Showing 121 to 128 of 128

AuthorMessage

iKhan

121. Posted:

I'm hyped as hell for Star Wars: Rebels. No seriously, I've never been more hyped for a cartoon in my life. Not only does the animation style look incredible and it seems to be taking the darker tone of Revenge of the Sith, it's helmed in part by the literal king of animation, Greg Weisman. In other words, the man who created my two favorite animated series of all time, Spectacular Spider-man and Young Justice.

Also, given the status of Weisman's previous work, I'm almost sure this will be cancelled in 2-3 years.

@shingi_70, can we change the name of this thread to something more official like "Everything Star Wars" or "Star Wars General Discussion"? It took quite a few searches to find this thread, and the key word that worked wasn't the most well known.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Okami, Paper Mario 2
Currently Watching: Arrow, Batman Beyond, The Flash, Gotham, Star Wars: Rebels

AuthorMessage

Henmii

122. Posted:

Haven't seen the Rebels premiere yet, but what bothers me quite a lot is that the Light-sabers look so skinny! Like they are just very long tooth-picks. I really hope that the upcoming movies have " more fat" Light-sabers.

Henmii

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

123. Posted:

I got excited for 2 seconds when I saw the concept art. Nope, another 3D animation. At least it's going for a more realistic art style, but it still doesn't feel right.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Henmii

124. Posted:

More realistic? I heard people saying that before, but I am not really seeing it. Looks very cartoony to me.

Personally I am not a big 3D animated cartoon-series fan either, though I do like TMNT 2012 (Though the 2003 series is better). And the Clone wars was also great fun. So I also gonna watch Rebels. Yeah, they already did some things to appeal to a younger audience (like the boy with the blue anime-hair. That doesn't really fit in Starwars) but it could still be fun. Besides, this series may be the closest to the upcoming movies. And with that I mean that certain characters, races, and locations may also appear in the movies.

Henmii

AuthorMessage

iKhan

125. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I got excited for 2 seconds when I saw the concept art. Nope, another 3D animation. At least it's going for a more realistic art style, but it still doesn't feel right.

I think we've progressed far enough into 3D Animation that it's not eye-bleedingly bad to make a 3D CGI TV series (looking at you MTV Spider-man). Though those Wookies look really bad.

Anyway, just finished the first episode. I'm impressed. It's the typical animated series tied with great respect for the source material that I've come to expect from Greg Weisman. I really like Ezra's character. He reminds me of Aladdin, but a lot more damaged. Kanan and Zeb are also really interesting characters. And like I said, the respect for the source material is uncanny. It FEELS like a Star Wars iteration.

My one complaint is that occasionally, the characters say something overly dramatic and cheesy. Like, something you'd expect from a JRPG. Particularly Hera's character, who feels the need to announce literally every action she makes. She doesn't have to announce "I GOT EM" every time she nails a tie fighter for example.

AuthorMessage

Henmii

126. Posted:

"And like I said, the respect for the source material is uncanny. It FEELS like a Star Wars iteration"

As was the case with the Clone wars, wich Dave Filoni also worked on. He also worked on the awesome (and sadly canceled) Thundercats reboot. I have a goooood feeling about this!

Update: Saw the first 2 episodes. Not a bad start.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

127. Posted:

Rebels just got renewed for season 2 but Wiseman won't be back.

Clone Wars was an extension of the prequels that really fleshed out that time period, and is my favorite content of the prequel era. However this feel like a total call back tonally to A New Hope. So far my favorite two character's are K'naan and Hera and that probably has to do with just getting done with reading Star Wars A New Dawn and for the most part enjoying the short about those two the most. Its refreshing reading this and a new hope and the lack of all jedi all the time make moments where you see the stuff related to it even more special.

The music, writing, and voice acting were just perfect when K'naan tells Ezra is letting everyone in on the secret and pulls out his lightsaber.
Untitled
Anyone else read New Dawn yet?

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

iKhan

128. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Rebels just got renewed for season 2 but Wiseman won't be back.

Clone Wars was an extension of the prequels that really fleshed out that time period, and is my favorite content of the prequel era. However this feel like a total call back tonally to A New Hope. So far my favorite two character's are K'naan and Hera and that probably has to do with just getting done with reading Star Wars A New Dawn and for the most part enjoying the short about those two the most. Its refreshing reading this and a new hope and the lack of all jedi all the time make moments where you see the stuff related to it even more special.

Anyone else read New Dawn yet?

A source: http://www.starwars.com/news/disney-xd-orders-second-season-o...

The Weisman curse strikes again. So we can expect Season 2 to go downhill from Season 1 right?

Anyway, I disagree that Rebels is tonally similar to a New Hope. I think it's actually quite a bit darker in it's tone. One thing that bothers me about A New Hope so much is that it just feels too lighthearted for a world ruled by an evil galactic empire. You never really get to fully understand why this empire is so bad. I mean, yeah, they destroy Alderaan and torture Leia, but Leia BARELY reacts to either of those things. It just weakens the magnitude of the situation. Also, Vader is an awful villain in A New Hope. Like, almost as bad as Count Dooku. He's basically Grand Moff Tarkin's errand boy, and a fancy looking storm trooper.

I think Rebels really stands out in that it blends the darker depiction of the Empire and better world building of Episode III with the sense of adventure and strong characterization of Episode IV.