General Discussion Forum

Topic: The next major player

Showing 21 to 26 of 26

AuthorMessage
Avatar

6ch6ris6

21. Posted:

suprised nobody has said "Sega"

DREAMCAST 2 OMFG !!!!!

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

22. Posted:

Come on now, we all know it will be Panasonic, returning to the scene with the all-new 3DO-3D, and its epic must-have launch title: "Plumbers Don't Wear Ties 2: Plumbers Still Don't Wear Ties."

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 23 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 11 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WildMan

23. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

Come on now, we all know it will be Panasonic, returning to the scene with the all-new 3DO-3D, and its epic must-have launch title: "Plumbers Don't Wear Ties 2: Plumbers Still Don't Wear Ties."

+1

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Banker-Style

24. Posted:

Activision

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

25. Posted:

Xilef wrote:

WhiteKnight wrote:

Discostew wrote:

If an Apple console is prices similar to Apple Macs and devices, then I doubt they could be competitive.

I know hey, just like people thought the Macs, iPods, iPhone and iPads were all too expensive to be competitive.

Too expensive for you =/= too expensive for hundreds of millions of other people.

An Apple console (or just a controller add-on for the iOS devices) would be very popular.

Hasn't there been tons of controller add-ons that haven't done any major impact at all? Not sure if Apple has made one of there own though... Also, couldn't you say that the iPad/iPhone is sort of Apple's console? It's not gaming dedicated but i does have a hell of alot of games.

Apple hasn't released an official controller yet, no. There are a few third party ones, but no one supports those, because no one expects them to sell well. An Apple controller would sell very well.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

26. Posted:

Void wrote:

WhiteKnight wrote:

Discostew wrote:

If an Apple console is prices similar to Apple Macs and devices, then I doubt they could be competitive.

I know hey, just like people thought the Macs, iPods, iPhone and iPads were all too expensive to be competitive.

Too expensive for you =/= too expensive for hundreds of millions of other people.

It's true, when did the economy really start to go down the tubes? When the iPhone and iPod Touch released.
What do people have an uncanny love for? APPLE PRODUCTS.
What do people spend an obcene amout of money on? APPLE PRODUCTS.
What continued to sell while nothing else did in the bad economy? APPLE PRODUCTS.

Apple, the headshot to the economy of the world baby!

I am 99.9999% sure you are joking. But just in case:

A good economy is an economy where people are spending money. Money that is then used to hire people all along the food chain - from retailers to distributors to the producers. More money means more people hired which means more money in the economy.

So, really, Apple's the reason we only had a great recession, not the second great depression :P

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)