Forums

Topic: The Newbie Introductions Thread

Posts 2,301 to 2,320 of 2,624

sisboombah

Hello everyone! I'm from UK and am currently playing lots of Monster Hunter Stories.

Currently playing Bravely Second

3DS Friend Code: 4700-1987-2107 | My Nintendo: sisboombah | Nintendo Network ID: karenfreer | Twitter:

FrankGarrett

Hi guys, I just found out about this site yesterday & decided to join. Looked like a fun and active place to me. Currently I own a PS4, but I'm definitely going for the switch! You guys got some cool exclusives that I just cannot ignore!

FrankGarrett

LilDoggo48

Finally Got a Switch recently for Christmas and been in a Nintendo mood so thought this would be a fun place to come chat.

As for me, not much to say, never been hardcore into gaming like many of my fellow millennials are, pretty much a filthy casual/moderate despite playing games since the SNES/Genisis days. I love Nintendo & their characters though, have since I was a wee lil pupper. Currently addicted to Smash & Odyssey and am eagerly awaiting the release of Animal Crossing for the Switch and Yoshi's crafted world!

Eagerly Awaiting Animal Crossing for Switch!

GrailUK

Welcome new folk ^^

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

GeoChrome

@Xploder9825 Welcome to the Gamer Gang.

Edited on by GeoChrome

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Diddy64

Hello everyone. I have been watching the NLife news and forums for a few days and I like how the people here are kind and eager to share information despite not knowing too much about some topics. I started commenting 2 and half days ago.

My first console was a NES in which I mostly played Super Mario Bros, my first videogame. I was very little and ignorant so didn't know that I could buy more games for my console. Since that I got the NES in the SNES generation, I couldn't play many games from the NES because later my parents get me SNES and I sell my first console because I thought it was ok because I only had the game of Super Mario Bros + Ducks Hunt.

In the SNES I enjoyed playing many games, with Super Metroid, Megaman X and X2, Super Mario World, SM All Stars, Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2 becoming my favorite SNES games. About one or two years after that, I saw my aunt and my cousin playing in a Nintendo 64 and immediately I wanted to have one and thankfully another cousin gave one on my birthday. Because I was still catching up to the next generation console, once again missed a lot of SNES games which I was unaware of their existence (I was very naive).

After that I was able to catch up with every Nintendo console, including the Game Cube. I fall in love with 64 games more than with every other console games. Here I played Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Diddy Kong Racing, Zelda Majora's Mask, Jet Force Gemini (my first 3D shooter), Paper Mario (my first RPG) and last but not least Donkey Kong 64 which is one of my favorite 3D platformers.

I'll spare you the rest of my story because it has become very long this post. I will just end up saying the following: I wish I could have been more open minded to playing more 2nd and 3rd party games during the 64 generation. I missed playing great games like Banjo Kazooie 1 and 2, Golden Eye 007, etc. because was close-minded in that time. But now I am more open to play games and consoles even if they aren't from Nintendo. I hope that this helps others to consider playing playing 3rd party games and play on other consoles if they find games that they like

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Diddy64

@Xploder9825 Thanks, and welcome to you too. I think I will put my story in a forum that's dedicated to gaming experiences, once I get more familiar with this site's features and forums.

Undergoing games:

GeoChrome

@SamusLv7 Welcome to the site good sir. I hope you have a great time at the forums and in the comments.

Edited on by GeoChrome

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Diddy64

@GyroZeppeli Thanks. Sorry for not mentioning that I am man. I got very very carried away with my history with my first three consoles 😅

Undergoing games:

Diddy64

@CurryPowderKeg79 Thanks 😊 Looking forward to a wonderful year of gaming 👍😉

Undergoing games:

Louise29

hello there everyone my name is Louise I am from the UK,

https://4drclanforum.com/

wafflesngravy

Just signed up! Been away from gaming for probably 20 years but recently bought a switch and so far having a great time! Which forum is the best place to ask dumb newbie game related questions?

wafflesngravy

Louise29

@wafflesngravy hello there welcome I am new as well, what games do you enjoy playing

https://4drclanforum.com/

wafflesngravy

@New_Guest it's a saying a friend and I came up with as kids, I can't remember what it meant or why we thought it was so funny to say it, just stuck with me.

@Louise29
So far we have only played MK8D but been having a lot of fun with it the last 3 weeks. We just bought the Switch to play with our daughter and plan to get into some other games soon. I really wanna play Zelda, but beyond that we're not sure yet. We do like couch coop games so plan to look at some of those.

wafflesngravy

SockJones

Hello there lovely people. I'm a longtime gamer, never did enjoy much online gaming, but I'm mildly interested, my switch friend code is SW-8494-3977-5872. I'll pop it in the Switch friend code sharing forum as well. I'm currently in the process of updating my owned games list, of which there is a lot.
I have a Wii, Wii U, 3DS and a Switch.

I grew up owning a Sega Genesis, and my best friend had the Super Nintendo. The first system I bought with my own money was the Sega Dreamcast on launch day. I still love that system dearly.

I also have the whole run of Sony consoles except the original, PSP or Vita. I strictly do not play online on Sony devices, just not my cup of tea, at all.

I am interested in the Nintendo Life community due to our shared interest and general pleasant attitude I've observed in the comments, and it's international flavor. I'm in the US, but please don't hold that against me. This is my only "social-media" or account on any type of related site, I did have a facebook but I got rid of it and life has been better off for it!

Looking forward to being a part of the Nintendo community.

SockJones

Switch Friend Code: SW-8494-3977-5872 | My Nintendo: Sock Jones | Nintendo Network ID: Sock Jones

Rambler

Hello all!
I'm a long-time lurker, but thought that I may as well put my head above the parapet.
I'm a casual gamer, but have been round for a while.
Started with a black rubber fetish ZX Spectrum 48k, then a Speccy +3 (with multiface!)
Since then I've had a very old-school PC, Gameboy, Dreamcast, GameCube, DS, Wii, and currently a Switch.
I've also played on friends Amstrads C64s, SNESs, Megsdrives, Amigas, Atari STs, PS1/2/3, Lynxs, Jaguars, Gamegears.
I'm totally lacking Xbox experience of any iteration, and I don't think I've even seen a PS4 in the wild

As you may be able to tell from my old-schoolish background, side-scrollers are my fave, with Starquake, Cybernoid, Ghouls n Ghosts, Strider, Guwange among them. I love the idea of Saboteur on the Switch, but not with it being just a data dump. Third person games are a fave as well, so am, er, hoping to rebuy a load of past Zeldas for the Switch soon.
Currently Dark Souls and BOTW are taking up my time, with a bit of Ikaruga thrown in. In the future it will hopefully be Battle Princess Madelyn and Gris (maybe Wind Waker?).

Rambler

JukeboxJoystick

I'm GlacierAC. I've been a Nintendo fan for about 13 years, and I've finally decided to make an account here.

JukeboxJoystick

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic