Forums

Topic: The Newbie Introductions Thread

Posts 2,241 to 2,260 of 2,277

SuperSaiyanRetro

Hi all! Let's be friends and chill!

https://myanimelist.net/profile/SuperSaiyanRetro

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta gum."

Retro gamer, anime and manga freak, ninjutsu enthusiast, Dungeons and Dragons player, mixed martial arts and boxing fan, professional sleeper and an outdoors lover

I'm a Fantasy, RPG lore whore. If a video game has a deep, in-depth story/lore, I'm all about it!

Video Games: LotRO, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, God of War, Final Fantasy, Mario, Zelda, Pac-Man, Sonic, Mega Man, Contra, Ninja Gaiden, Shinobi, Double Dragon, Splinter Cell, Metal Gear, Diablo 3, World of Warcraft, Dungeons and Dragons, Middle-Earth: Shadows of Mordor, Divine Divinity, The Witcher, Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, Torchlight, Pillars of Eternity, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Demon's Souls, Dragon's Dogma, Darksiders and a crap ton of D&D video games thanks to GOG.

Anime: Texhnolyze, Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan- Demon Capital, BTOOOM!, K, Kill la Kill, Zetman, Akira, Garo the Animation, Hellsing, Soul Eater, Elfen Lied, Ninja Slayer, Tokyo Ghoul, Sword Art Online, Bayonetta, Ergo Proxy, Appleseed, Final Fantasy, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Ninja Scroll, YuYu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist, God Eater, Fairy Tail, One Punch Man, Hunter x Hunter, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Hajime No Ippo, Apocalypse Zero, Psych-Pass, Bleach, Fist of the North Star, Ghost in the Shell, Guin Saga, Gantz, Code Geass, Claymore, Basilisk and Berserk.

Manga: Lone Wolf and Cub, Berserk, Path of the Assassin, Samurai Executioner, Blade of the Immortal, Apocalypse Zero, Vinland Saga, Guin Saga, Claymore and Vagabond.

SuperSaiyanRetro

nothingtodocrew

Hi guys, Noob Here. I prefer the classic NES/SNES games, but i still own/play the new stuff.
I love building Mario themed stuff and making youtube videos.

Top favorite games: Super Smash Bros Melee, MarioKart 8, Mario Party7, Super Mario 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbuUZCkEuJk

SuperSaiyanRetro

nothingtodocrew wrote:

Hi guys, Noob Here. I prefer the classic NES/SNES games, but i still own/play the new stuff.
I love building Mario themed stuff and making youtube videos.

Top favorite games: Super Smash Bros Melee, MarioKart 8, Mario Party7, Super Mario 3.

Welcome!

SuperSaiyanRetro

Old_Goat_Ninja

New guy here. New to Switch and forum, not new to gaming and/or Nintendo. I'm old, 45, and have been playing Nintendo since the original NES. I painted my neighbors fence as a kid so I could earn the money to buy the NES. I've had the NES, SNES, N64, skipped the Cube (got out gaming for awhile, life and all as a busy adult with kids), returned to being a child and got the Wii just because I wanted to play Metroid Other M and Skyward Sword. I've had (and still have), the original Gameboy, GB Color, DS, DSi, and 3DSXL. I've been trying to get a Switch for awhile now and finally found one at my local Walmart (got the last one) 2 days ago. I haven't even played it yet, but Zelda should get delivered today. I'll be browsing the forums to see what's new, etc. Since I never had a Wii U, the Switch games are all new to me. I also have an XBox One Slim, and PS4, but this forum isn't about that. My oldest kid is grown and in college and my youngest is getting up there, so life outside work allows for some gaming. I'm a gamer, but only when life allows. Sometimes daily, sometimes once a week, whatever time allows.

Edited on by Old_Goat_Ninja

Switch: SW-8029-5307-6701
PSN: Old_Goat_Ninja
XBL: Old Goat Ninja
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OldGoatNinja

SuperSaiyanRetro

Old_Goat_Ninja wrote:

New guy here. New to Switch and forum, not new to gaming and/or Nintendo. I'm old, 45, and have been playing Nintendo since the original NES. I painted my neighbors fence as a kid so I could earn the money to buy the NES. I've had the NES, SNES, N64, skipped the Cube (got out gaming for awhile, life and all as a busy adult with kids), returned to being a child and got the Wii just because I wanted to play Metroid Other M and Skyward Sword. I've had (and still have), the original Gameboy, GB Color, DS, DSi, and 3DSXL. I've been trying to get a Switch for awhile now and finally found one at my local Walmart (got the last one) 2 days ago. I haven't even played it yet, but Zelda should get delivered today. I'll be browsing the forums to see what's new, etc. Since I never had a Wii U, the Switch games are all new to me. I also have an XBox One Slim, and PS4, but this forum isn't about that. My oldest kid is grown and in college and my youngest is getting up there, so life outside work allows for some gaming. I'm a gamer, but only when life allows. Sometimes daily, sometimes once a week, whatever time allows.

Welcome! I'm a die-hard Nintendo loyalist. It sounds like we'll get along well!

SuperSaiyanRetro

piercinghearts

Check me out on youtube. Link is in my profile. I will be playing nintendo games that are coming out. Can't wait to see you guys there!

piercinghearts

Nintendo Network ID: piercinghearts | Twitter:

SuperSaiyanRetro

piercinghearts wrote:

@SuperSaiyanRetro omg thank you, i think splatoon 2 will be my first nintendo game on the channel so im really happy about that. (even though I never played the first one lmao!)

I am following you on social media minus Steam. Your link results in an error message.

SuperSaiyanRetro

MonorageFalcon

Sup everybody!

I am MonorageFalcon, a teenager who likes video games (especially Nintendo). I love adventure games in particular, Zelda and Metroid being my favourite franchises.

Favourite games of all time:

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Super Metroid
Super Mario Galaxy
Portal 2
Chrono Trigger

Other interests include listening to and making music (will probably start properly soon).

Hoping to make some good friends on this site

Recently got a Switch

Switch - SW-5228-4389-2598

SuperSaiyanRetro

MonorageFalcon wrote:

Sup everybody!

I am MonorageFalcon, a teenager who likes video games (especially Nintendo). I love adventure games in particular, Zelda and Metroid being my favourite franchises.

Favourite games of all time:

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Super Metroid
Super Mario Galaxy
Portal 2
Chrono Trigger

Other interests include listening to and making music (will probably start properly soon).

Hoping to make some good friends on this site

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here!

SuperSaiyanRetro

hdthroh

Hello!

I’m relatively new to this site, but it’s quickly becoming my favorite outlet for Nintendo news. Thanks!

These are the systems I’ve owned in my lifetime: Intellivision, NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Game Gear, Xbox, Xbox 360, and the New Nintendo 3DS. I was also a PC gamer in the 80s and 90s, and spent lots of time in the 80s playing arcade cabinets. My nostalgia is more centered on arcade cabinets than the home systems I grew up with.

I stopped playing video games in the 00s mostly due to lifestyle changes that made being tethered to a tv for hours unappealing to me. Buying a smart phone in the twenty-teens got me back into gaming a bit, but I started craving deeper experiences. In August 2015, I picked up a 3DS on a whim, and I have been thrilled with it ever since. I plan on eventually getting a Switch, but the 3DS should last me till at least 2019 with its fantastic library, and my relatively limited game-play schedule.

My favorite genre is RPGs. My favorite series has become Pokemon (even though I didn’t play my first Pokemon game till I was 40, lol). My favorite game is probably ESIII: Morrowind.

Edited on by hdthroh

hdthroh

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic