Forums

Topic: The Newbie Introductions Thread

Posts 2,181 to 2,200 of 2,622

Old_Goat_Ninja

New guy here. New to Switch and forum, not new to gaming and/or Nintendo. I'm old, 45, and have been playing Nintendo since the original NES. I painted my neighbors fence as a kid so I could earn the money to buy the NES. I've had the NES, SNES, N64, skipped the Cube (got out gaming for awhile, life and all as a busy adult with kids), returned to being a child and got the Wii just because I wanted to play Metroid Other M and Skyward Sword. I've had (and still have), the original Gameboy, GB Color, DS, DSi, and 3DSXL. I've been trying to get a Switch for awhile now and finally found one at my local Walmart (got the last one) 2 days ago. I haven't even played it yet, but Zelda should get delivered today. I'll be browsing the forums to see what's new, etc. Since I never had a Wii U, the Switch games are all new to me. I also have an XBox One Slim, and PS4, but this forum isn't about that. My oldest kid is grown and in college and my youngest is getting up there, so life outside work allows for some gaming. I'm a gamer, but only when life allows. Sometimes daily, sometimes once a week, whatever time allows.

Edited on by Old_Goat_Ninja

Switch: SW-8029-5307-6701
PSN: Old_Goat_Ninja
XBL: Old Goat Ninja
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OldGoatNinja

SuperSaiyanRetro

Old_Goat_Ninja wrote:

New guy here. New to Switch and forum, not new to gaming and/or Nintendo. I'm old, 45, and have been playing Nintendo since the original NES. I painted my neighbors fence as a kid so I could earn the money to buy the NES. I've had the NES, SNES, N64, skipped the Cube (got out gaming for awhile, life and all as a busy adult with kids), returned to being a child and got the Wii just because I wanted to play Metroid Other M and Skyward Sword. I've had (and still have), the original Gameboy, GB Color, DS, DSi, and 3DSXL. I've been trying to get a Switch for awhile now and finally found one at my local Walmart (got the last one) 2 days ago. I haven't even played it yet, but Zelda should get delivered today. I'll be browsing the forums to see what's new, etc. Since I never had a Wii U, the Switch games are all new to me. I also have an XBox One Slim, and PS4, but this forum isn't about that. My oldest kid is grown and in college and my youngest is getting up there, so life outside work allows for some gaming. I'm a gamer, but only when life allows. Sometimes daily, sometimes once a week, whatever time allows.

Welcome! I'm a die-hard Nintendo loyalist. It sounds like we'll get along well!

SuperSaiyanRetro

Switch Friend Code: SW-7786-8662-0981 | 3DS Friend Code: 5387-2983-3107 | My Nintendo: SuperSaiyannBro | Nintendo Network ID: SuperSaiyannBro | Twitter:

piercinghearts

Check me out on youtube. Link is in my profile. I will be playing nintendo games that are coming out. Can't wait to see you guys there!

piercinghearts

Nintendo Network ID: piercinghearts | Twitter:

SuperSaiyanRetro

piercinghearts wrote:

@SuperSaiyanRetro omg thank you, i think splatoon 2 will be my first nintendo game on the channel so im really happy about that. (even though I never played the first one lmao!)

I am following you on social media minus Steam. Your link results in an error message.

SuperSaiyanRetro

Switch Friend Code: SW-7786-8662-0981 | 3DS Friend Code: 5387-2983-3107 | My Nintendo: SuperSaiyannBro | Nintendo Network ID: SuperSaiyannBro | Twitter:

MonorageFalcon

Sup everybody!

I am MonorageFalcon, a teenager who likes video games (especially Nintendo). I love adventure games in particular, Zelda and Metroid being my favourite franchises.

Favourite games of all time:

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Super Metroid
Super Mario Galaxy
Portal 2
Chrono Trigger

Other interests include listening to and making music (will probably start properly soon).

Hoping to make some good friends on this site

Recently got a Switch

Switch - SW-5228-4389-2598

SuperSaiyanRetro

MonorageFalcon wrote:

Sup everybody!

I am MonorageFalcon, a teenager who likes video games (especially Nintendo). I love adventure games in particular, Zelda and Metroid being my favourite franchises.

Favourite games of all time:

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Super Metroid
Super Mario Galaxy
Portal 2
Chrono Trigger

Other interests include listening to and making music (will probably start properly soon).

Hoping to make some good friends on this site

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here!

SuperSaiyanRetro

Pennyux

Hello!

I’m relatively new to this site, but it’s quickly becoming my favorite outlet for Nintendo news. Thanks!

These are the systems I’ve owned in my lifetime: Intellivision, NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Game Gear, Xbox, Xbox 360, and the New Nintendo 3DS. I was also a PC gamer in the 80s and 90s, and spent lots of time in the 80s playing arcade cabinets. My nostalgia is more centered on arcade cabinets than the home systems I grew up with.

I stopped playing video games in the 00s mostly due to lifestyle changes that made being tethered to a tv for hours unappealing to me. Buying a smart phone in the twenty-teens got me back into gaming a bit, but I started craving deeper experiences. In August 2015, I picked up a 3DS on a whim, and I have been thrilled with it ever since. I plan on eventually getting a Switch, but the 3DS should last me till at least 2019 with its fantastic library, and my relatively limited game-play schedule.

My favorite genre is RPGs. My favorite series has become Pokemon (even though I didn’t play my first Pokemon game till I was 40, lol). My favorite game is probably ESIII: Morrowind.

Edited on by Pennyux

Pennyux

Missile

Hi guys!

Here I am... a new face.

I'm an old and I mean old Nintendo funboy.
Looking for new online friends to play with and maybe build a team for splatoon.
Here my friend code : SW-0881-5546-8403

Ciao

Missile
Switch friend code : SW-0881-5546-8403

ogo79

@Missile
yo dawg i heard you like missiles
so we put missiles on top of other missiles
so you can shoot missiles while other missiles are being shot at other missiles
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Missile

Ahahahah love it @ogo79

Missile
Switch friend code : SW-0881-5546-8403

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic