Forums

Topic: The Newbie Introductions Thread

Posts 2,041 to 2,060 of 2,624

LadyCharlie

Hello, Nintendo Life. Long time listener, first time caller.

I've followed the site for about a year now, and I just signed up today to chit chat about the Smash Direct news.

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

mrgreen9705

Hi everyone! Just found this thread recently.
The Wii U is my first Nintendo console so I will be checking out some of the classics as well as the newer installments. Feel free to add me.

mrgreen9705

Nintendo Network ID: mrgreen9705

RealDMat

Hey! Hey! New user--what up...???

Emulation is king...

Nintendokid16

Hello I just found the site and joined. Had some issues signing up but I am here. Going to make a Nintendo ID later today

Nintendokid16

Wittgenstein

Hi! Technically I'm not new since I've been commenting on articles since 2012, but I haven't really been active on the forums. Hope to become active though! I'm better known as Fawfulthegreat64 on YouTube and formerly MarioBoards (argued with people one too many times there unfortunately). I'm also known as greatdimentio on GameFAQs.

Sup!

I lead the way through the great unknown! Never knowing what I'll find...
I'm searching, expecting, exploring, connecting... So no one has to feel they're left behind.
-Wittgenstein, The Brave Little Toaster To The Rescue

Better known as Fawfulthegreat64. She/They

Fuhgeddit

Hey guys, I am new. I just recently bought a new Nintendo 3ds. I had one last year, but sold it thinking I didn't enjoy any of the games. But I've gotten a huge raise at my new job and wanted a Nintendo product.

Unfortunately, I don't have a Wii u but only because my time is limited at home and I'm busy gaming on my Xbox One or PS4. But that might change when the NX releases as I am seeing I am making smaller use of the PS4 (besides exclusives).

Name is Mike and I will be posting here from here on out about Nintendo handheld devices, since I will be purchasing their handhelds in the future.

Gaming is the greatest.

3DS Friend Code: 1564-6316-2456

Fuhgeddit

@Captain_Toad: Thanks!

I received an e-mail that you had mentioned me. Is there a way to check that on the site and not receive e-mails? I am hoping that is the case.

Gaming is the greatest.

LaserdiscGal

Fuhgeddit wrote:

I received an e-mail that you had mentioned me. Is there a way to check that on the site and not receive e-mails? I am hoping that is the case.

Nope we don't have a notification system for mentions/quotes so email is the only way, though that's a noice idea

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Donnie

Hey guys, new poster here. What to say, haha. Well, I'm a guy, I'm 28, I live in the UK. I'm a big nintendo fan myself, have both the Wii U & the 3ds, and also have a lovely partner and boy who are also big nintendo fans, so it's a whole family thing. I was a regular poster on a forum called rpgdreamers back in the heyday of the PS1/2 rpgs & in the last few years I've been active on neogaf but honestly wanted to find something a bit smaller again where people can be a little more personable. Interested in perhaps finding people to play online with also on my nintendo consoles so that's why I chose Nintendo Life. I've followed news here for a long time and figured that the community would be a good place to look for people with similar tastes.

Playing a lot of Triforce heroes right now and being demented by griefers and drop outs so if I can find people who are still playing that, great. Also just finished Hyrule Warriors and probably moving onto Xenoblade Chronicles X, but I honestly have a very eclectic tastes and have all sorts for my consoles. Looking forward to getting into the discussion and talking to people

Oh and I suppose outside of games, I can add I'm a huge comic book fan. Particularly Mike Mignola's works and a lot of the current Image crop. I also like to watch shows like Vikings, Black Sails, Game Of thrones & The Leftovers, so historical fiction and HBO drama type stuff is right up my alley, happy to discuss that stuff too. I'm also an anime fan, although probably counted among the casual side of things, I don't watch a whole lot (mostly due to time constraints. I recently watched ToraDora, Charlotte & Rokka on Crunchyroll as examples, just whatever is interesting and accessible.

Edited on by Donnie

Donnie

MayorPaine

I've been posting for about 2 weeks now but I forgot to introduce myself.
Salutations everyone, I'm a 29 year old father of 2 toddlers. In a few weeks I'll be father of 3 so you can imagine I don't really have much time for gaming anymore. I mostly play on my 3DS after the family has gone to bed, and since I haven't bought a game in a while I'm slowly working my way through my huge back log which I'm enjoying. Not yet a Wii U owner but still play my Wii and an Xbox 360.

I'm a huge fan of all things Nintendo such as Zelda, Mario, Metroid... you get the picture. Not sure what else to say but I'm sure it's quite enough info for now. Glad to be part of this community!

Check out my new web comic 'Random Time Encounters':
https://tapastic.com/series/Random-Time-Encounters

Fuhgeddit

Santa wrote:

Fuhgeddit wrote:

Yep, I really like that we could get notifications through the site. If that can happen in the future, that'd be great.
Nope we don't have a notification system for mentions/quotes so email is the only way, though that's a noice idea

Gaming is the greatest.

Saunbyphoenix

New on here so this is my first post I'm making on here,

I'm a 19 year old student and have always been a massive fan of Nintendo ever since I got my game boy colour when I was 5, I've owned every console since the N64 and currently my favourite games are Bravely Default, Fire Emblem Awakening and Splatoon, not sure what else to say so erm...hello

Saunbyphoenix

smooth4lyfe

Newbie here!
Wanted to say hi, I'm also a music artist!
I'll try and be as active as I can!

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY - Jump Up, Super Star! (S4L Adlibs Remix)
https://youtu.be/Jfs32KxuAsk

Quintumply

Hey guys! I'm new to the NL community, but I've been reviewing games over on Push Square since last summer, and that's what has brought me here.

I'll be sure to chime in here and there when I'm in the mood for some Nintendo-flavoured chatter See y'all around!

Quintumply

Nintendo Network ID: Quintumply | Twitter:

emmit643

Hey all!

So I just got the New 3DS a couple weeks ago, after not having a handheld since GameBoy Advance. Man have games come a long way, haha.

I'm currently trying to fight the itch to buy the WiiU also, because I want to play Splatoon soon badly!! But I feel like that's spending too much on top of all I've just spent on the 3DS+games... We'll see #taxreturnscomingsoon

So far I'm really loving: AC:NL, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Fantasy Life, Pokemon X, Mario 3D Land, and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.

I'm also playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, and Persona Q (just started this one so I don't have any strong feelings for it yet, same with Zelda)

and so far I'm pretty horrible at Smash Bros. No joke, I lost in training, cause I kept falling off. :/

emmit643

Gallifreii

Hi All,

I am an aging gamer, 42 years of age, I own all consoles and have recently bought the Wii U (on a whim), and based on my usage of this console it has fast become my main gaming machine which has surprised me greatly. Anyway, I am looking for online chums and like minded gamers, preferably with aging reflexes and partial to an online gaming session or 2 as this is what i am missing somewhat. Splatoon, Mario Kart or Black Ops (not a favourite of mine to be sure) are the only online games I have at the moment, but plan to grab Xenoblade soon. Anyhoo, I thought I would introduce myself in the hope that I can get in on some online game action with people soon.

Gallifreii

Gallifreii

Nintendo Network ID: Gallifreii

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic