Forums

Topic: The Newbie Introductions Thread

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 2,622

mandlecreed

Well. Never realised there was a forum here slaps self for lack of observational skills

Hi, mandlecreed here, long time gamer, especially of the Nintendo variety, but I'll play pretty much anything (Hello Kitty : Roller Rescue is AWESOME), er, I'm old. Well, 35. Used to be a mod over on the ONM forums a while back, tend to spend most of my online "life" on Twitter talking rubbish and I'm just an ordinary human all round.

Been reading the site for aaaages, and commenting here and there on the articles. Just, um, saying hi and that, and I shall now I'll lurk and investigate for a while I reckon

mandlecreed

Twitter:

snowflake

Hi everybody

Im completely new here, been to the site once or twice and decided to join since none of my friends are good for discussing game-related stuffs >.< I need people who share my addictions haha

I have a Wii U and a Super Nintendo, unfortunately my N64 broke awhile back :,( saddest. day. ever. My favorite game ever is Super Mario 64.. and I love Kirby <3

Hope I get to talk with lots of youuuus

snowflake

MsJubilee

Hello and welcome to Nintendo Life @snowflake.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Inkling

@snowflake Welcome to Nintendo Life, a place of fun and um

um

MORE FUN

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

SuperWiiU

Hello 93ers, I joined here to catch up with the latest Nintendo buzz as I've just bought a Wii U and New 3DS (assuming you're reading this somewhere in mid 2015 or later).

mamp

Welcome newbies it's always a pleasure to meet fellow gamers. I hope you like it here.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

run4life

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question but here it goes. I just had a battle on the battle spot where my cloyster set up a shell smash. My opponent sends out a hitmonlee and uses fake out. Priority dictates that fake out goes first. It took away ~20% health. It then proceeds to use hi jump kick my cloyster and kill it (since it wasn't locked into one attack, this means it wasn't scarfed). With no scarf and base 87 speed, how did this thing outspeed my cloyster after a shell smash? I have a 31 speed IV, a jolly nature and 252 EV's invested into speed. This shouldn't be possible. Even with a choice scarf, cloyster should have still been faster after that shell smash.

I have a poison type friend safari with the following pokemon:
Venomoth
Kakuna
Muk

FC: 0662-4648-2645

3DS Friend Code: 0662-4648-2645

CSThompson1980

My name is Chris. Huge fan of the Mario Cart , and some WCW games (Nintendo 64)

CSThompson1980

Ryu_Niiyama

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for about a year before I decided to join finally. Favorite system is gamecube (wiiu is approaching second for that) and my favorite genres are fighting (Virtua Fighter and soul calibur are my faves), Adventure, Rpgs and rhythm games (usually Taiko no tatsujin). Nintendo fangirl but I buy all systems and play many different games.

Other hobbies outside of gaming are playing Taiko (the real one), woodworking, Aikido, listening to music, and reading. I'm also an amateur astrophotographer. Nice to meet you!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

CSThompson1980

Same here. Been a video game fan since the late 1980's

CSThompson1980

MsJubilee

Hello @Ryu_Niiyama and @CSThompson1980 and welcome to Nintendo Life.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

MonkeyPunchBaby

Hey there everyone! I'm Bentley, and from Tennessee, I'm a single father raising my amazing 5 year old son. He's loving our WiiU, mainly playing Lego City Undercover. I've been a Nintendo Fanboy almost my entire life. I am currently playing Rayman Legends, ZombiU, and Mario Kart. Looking forward to getting Wonderful 101 in the mail soon, as well as Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2. I am looking forward to getting to know yall.

MonkeyPunchBaby

Nintendo Network ID: MonkeyPunchBaby | Twitter:

DaveReyezzz

My name is David, I am a Floridian in Florida. My favorite video game series is Fire Emblem. That's all I really have to say.

I love fighting games soccer edm and Kanye
Currently playing:
The Legend of Zelda: a link between worlds
Fire Emblem Awakening
Dead or Alive Dimensions

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8646-1413 | Nintendo Network ID: Davidreyes98

MsJubilee

Hello @MonkeyPunchBaby and @DaveReyezzz welcome to Nintendo Life.

Araquanid

run4life wrote:

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question but here it goes. I just had a battle on the battle spot where my cloyster set up a shell smash. My opponent sends out a hitmonlee and uses fake out. Priority dictates that fake out goes first. It took away ~20% health. It then proceeds to use hi jump kick my cloyster and kill it (since it wasn't locked into one attack, this means it wasn't scarfed). With no scarf and base 87 speed, how did this thing outspeed my cloyster after a shell smash? I have a 31 speed IV, a jolly nature and 252 EV's invested into speed. This shouldn't be possible. Even with a choice scarf, cloyster should have still been faster after that shell smash.

@run4life this technically isn't the right place the ask these question We have threads in the 3ds forums.

Here is the primary: https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/pokemon_x_and_y_announ...

However I will answer your question. Hitmonlee has the ability unburden. If he isn't holding an item (which most likely he was normal gem and used it on the fake out) his speed will double from activating unburden. Since cloyster's speed is lower than hitmonlee's, despite being +2 on cloyster, unburden will make hitmonlee +2 outspeeding cloyster still. I encounter normal gem hitmonlees all the time. Just switch into a ghost on the hitmonlee and it can't use it's normal gem or unburden since fake out won't go through.

And welcome to NL everybody who's new!

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic