General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Newbie Introductions Thread

Showing 1,601 to 1,620 of 1,897

AuthorMessage

vonboy89

1,601. Posted:

Hello, guys, I'm vonboy. I've made a few posts on here, but never really introduced myself.

I grew up with Nintendo, like much of you. I remember my big brother had some atari games, and a Sega Genesis with Sonic 2 and some football game, but when I really got into videogames was with Super Mario 64. I played that, mario kart 64, and the origianl SMash bros. to death back then, and I've been gaming ever since!

Nowadays, I'm living by myself, with a Wii U I got about 6 months ago. There's not a whole ton of games for it yet, but I don't really mind so much. I'm so busy working, I really only have any time to play on my off days. Really looking forward to MK8 and SSB!

Oh yeah, strangely, big fan of the Land Before Time, if you already couldn't tell from my avatar. :P

my friend code is 1306-7465-1022 and my nickname is Vonboy.

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

1,602. Posted:

@vonboy89 Land Before Time huh? I remember watching that as a child, that dinosaur was called Chomper, right? Anyway, A welcome is you. I also really got into videogames with the N64, so that just sounds like me. There's the community rules, it's located around here, find it, and then your experience here will be even more swell.

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND SOMEBODY HE KNOWS, ZIGGURAT!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

Gioku

1,603. Posted:

Hey, look who it is! Welcome to NL, @SonicBlast! :D

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

1,604. Posted:

Welcome @SonicBlast and @vonboy89 you just joined a awesome place with awesome people, enjoy your stay!

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

1,605. Posted:

Undead_terror wrote:

Welcome @SonicBlast and @vonboy89 you just joined a awesome place with awesome people, enjoy your stay!

I'm one of those how do you call it, "awesome people" and that right there, is a fact. YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND SOMEBODY HE KNOWS, ZIGGURAT!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

AuthorMessage

SonicBlast

1,606. Posted:

Dawww, thanks @Gioku and @Undead_terror!!!

My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 0087-2332-6506 | Nintendo Network ID: SonicBlast

AuthorMessage

PKNoUsernameHere

1,607. Posted:

@SonicBlast: Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your stay~ :3

Backlog
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ CLICK NAOW OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Top 5 games: Pokemon HeartGold, Earthbound, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Metroid

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage

Mickey

1,608. Posted:

-wakes up- ... Wha? How long have I been sleeping?

Hello and welcome to Nintendo Life, @Fheonix, @YoshiFanX, @SonicBlast, and @vonboy89!

Since y'all just now joined, I'd like to offer up some advice:

1) Be yourself. Nintendo Life's actually a very nice place and is accepting of people of all backgrounds.

2) Play nice. Nobody likes a troublemaker, so, if you wanna be liked, don't be a troublemaker. If and when you get into an argument, you don't have to shift into "I'm On The Internet So It's Okay If I Say Mean Things To This Person I Don't Know" mode. NL is one of the nicer places on the Internet, so doing that won't be necessary.

3) Remember that this is a family-friendly site. That means: No swearing, no posting lewd pictures, no posting lewd videos, etc. etc.

4) Make a search to see if a certain topic/thread has already been made before you make your own. The search bar is next to your profile at the top of every page. Please, use it. :)

5) Have fun! Nintendo Life's been called the happiest place on the Internet, and I don't see any reason why I'd disagree! You're gonna meet tons of wonderful people, learn about tons of cool new games, and more!

Anything else you should know that I haven't said is already in the community rules. You should definitely read that since it's better to take it from them than me. XD

I hope you have fun here!

@Captain_Toad If you apologize for a shameless plug, is it still shameless? ;)

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

1,609. Posted:

1.I'm never myself
2. I play rough, and i'm a troublemaker
3.I always swear when I post those lewd pictures
4. I always make the same threads, even when somebody made them first. The chit-chat thread? I made that, me!!!!!
5.Nintendolife is one of the most depressing sites I've ever seen, and I agree with what I say. Meet tons of people? LOL, NOPE!!!!!
6. And then i'll..........

^This user has been banned

Remember new users, listen to what @Mickey has said, or else you're going to have an unswell time, just like that weirdo who broke all the rules, because he has green hair ;)

AuthorMessage

BrookR1

1,610. Posted:

Hello everyone...just stopping in to say hi.

I'm late to the Nintendo game. I grew up with a TI-99/4A, Sega Master System, PC games, XBox, XBox 360, then finally a Wii (just for Wii sports), and I recently purchased a 3DS and a Wii U. I played Nintendo as a kid in arcades (spent tons of quarters on Super Mario Bros and the original Donkey Kong).

The Wii U and 3DS have been my first proper intro to Nintendo and I'm blown away by how good and how fun the games are. Until now, I've always viewed these games as being just for little kids. Well, let's just say I've been making up for lost time. My favorites so far have been DKCR and SM3DL, SM3DW, and Wink Waker HD. Before my recent purchase, I primarily played racing and sports games. Nintendo has been such a breath of fresh air compared to the hardcore XBox games I've been playing.

It's a shame the Wii U isn't doing as well as it should, but there are a lot of things that Nintendo overlooked with its launch.

BrookR1

AuthorMessage

Mickey

1,611. Posted:

Late or otherwise, welcome to the Nintendo game and Nintendo Life, @BrookR1!

... Before you leave, though, you should check out the community rules. It'll only take five minutes to read it and it'll save you from loads of newbie-embarrasment.

Hope you have fun here!

The Mousekeloggery

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

AuthorMessage

SonicBlast

1,612. Posted:

Thank you for the welcomes @SheldonRandoms, @NoUsernameHere, and @Mickey !!!

My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 0087-2332-6506 | Nintendo Network ID: SonicBlast

AuthorMessage

Gioku

1,613. Posted:

@SheldonRandoms it's fun to let off a good swear whenever you post lewd images and videos, isn't it? :P

lol, the stuff you come up with! XD

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

lamco

1,614. Posted:

I just joined some sometime this month and have been randomly commenting on some articles since then, without an introduction. When i was younger, my parents were reluctant to invest in any forms of technology such as computers, better tv and games consoles, so my first gaming console ended up being a ds lite. I've never really got into home consoles that much since my tv is way too small and uncomfortable to be used for gaming.

I have a ghost type safari with phanump +shuppet +?

3DS Friend Code: 4527-8492-5215 | Nintendo Network ID: Difficvlt

AuthorMessage

Captain_Toad

1,615. Posted:

Heh, heh, those HD tv's should be costing less than $400 dollars now. If i'm not mistaken, @lamco. Welcome to NL.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Currently Nominating Best Spooky VGMs and Best RPG Battle Music

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage

Mickey

1,616. Posted:

Hello and welcome to Nintendo Life, @lamco! Cool origin story! XD

Hope you have fun here!

PS: When you can, you should definitely read the community rules. Trust me, it'll save you from a lot of trouble.

The Mousekeloggery

AuthorMessage

Gioku

1,617. Posted:

I need to start welcoming more people again! So I start with you, @Iamco! Welcome to NL! :)

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Mask0Gears

1,618. Posted:

lamco wrote:

I just joined some sometime this month and have been randomly commenting on some articles since then, without an introduction. When i was younger, my parents were reluctant to invest in any forms of technology such as computers, better tv and games consoles, so my first gaming console ended up being a ds lite. I've never really got into home consoles that much since my tv is way too small and uncomfortable to be used for gaming.

Welcome to Nintendo Life @lamco! Enjoy your stay... (If you survive!!!!)

Just joking. Nice katana BTW.

-The Official Wearer of Masks for NL-
My MK Bio, made by Dark-Luigi!
-Currently Reading: Tintin
The Maskloggery
3DS Friend Code: 0087-2637-7069 NNID: Mask0Gears

AuthorMessage

brewsky

1,619. Posted:

Well.....

Yes, I'm new here. I guess this is my formal introduction since it's never been done yet. I have been posting here for about a couple of weeks now on random topics, as well as commenting on news posts. Under a different name, though. I wanted to change my name and I figured that now would be the best time to do it!

There's not much to me. I'm 20 years old, a full time college student, and I work part time. Some....interesting things have been happening as of late, but I'll be saving that for much, much later.

MID-COMMENT EDIT: On second thought, I decided to eliminate what was said here. It didn't add much to this post anyways.

That's it, I guess. You will probably see me again sometime.

Edited on by brewsky

Now playing:
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Wii U) | Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (3DS) | Fantasy Life (3DS)
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage

Mickey

1,620. Posted:

I formally welcome you to the website known by many as Nintendo Life, @brewsky. I'm sure you'll do fine here, but first (if you haven't already) please check out the community rules. Once you're done with that, just be yourself, play nice, and have fun! If you do all that (along with following the rules) you'll become a part of the Nintendo Life family in no time! :D

Hope to see you again soon!

The Mousekeloggery