General Discussion Forum

Topic: That Michael Pachter Thread

Showing 21 to 40 of 72

AuthorMessage
Avatar

finga

21. Posted:

Iwata is the one responsible for bring the share price of Nintendo to $80, and the incredible success of both the DS and the WIi.
In 2007, he was named one of the world's best CEO's.
http://online.barrons.com/public/article/SB117469289796447454...

You have to be either very naive or very foolish to thing that Pachter, or any analyst is "objective". Pachter has been pusing certain shares for years. He is notorious for this. He is indeed biased against Nintendo and it's for his own gains. He might sell when he suggests buy and otherwise. Welcome ot the real world.

This is his level of understanding the subject matter:
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/02/03/pachter-reckons-ps4-ca...

He is never right and he was wrong about both the PS3 and the Wii.
http://www.examiner.com/article/top-10-bad-predictions-from-g...
Google michael pachter predictions and you immediately get "wrong" or "failed", not "correct" or "successful".

And his ignorance, or fake ignorance, since he is just a puppet, is on everything. Wrong about Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft but also wrong about netflix, zynga, facebook, linkedin and the list goes on. http://www.cnbc.com/id/49996613/lsquoMy_Worst_Callrsquo_Wedbu...

In medicine it's called a quack. and the ignorance here or naievete is amazing.

finga

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

22. Posted:

Pachter works for one of the most lauded analyst firms in the world and you, mr random internet dude, just claimed he is corrupt and engaged in illegal activities with no evidence whatsoever.

If I was Pachter and I saw that post I would be getting my lawyers to email NintendoLife to demand your contact details, because I'm about to make an easy defamation lawsuit.

Iwata is the one responsible for bring the share price of Nintendo to $80, and the incredible success of both the DS and the WIi.

The length of time when it comes to product development means it was actually likely Iwata's predecessor that greenlighted both the DS and Wii products, actually.

Apple's only just moved past what most consider to be the product strategy that Jobs laid out, for instance.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KodaSmooss

23. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

The length of time when it comes to product development means it was actually likely Iwata's predecessor that greenlighted both the DS and Wii products, actually.

I agree with what you said about Michael Patcher but I don't think Hiroshi Yamauchi greenlighted Wii and DS. Satoru Iwata became CEO in 2002 and the GameCube was barely launched. I don't think they had already started the Wii concept or at least decided it was the GameCube's successor. The DS was launched a little bit more than 2 and a half years later, so it is closer but still they were pushing new GBA's models at this time so it is quite unlikely than the DS concept was set as definitive.

Miiverse - Blog - SensCritique

Twitter: KodaSmooss

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

24. Posted:

My name is Michael... But I prefer to be called Mick ;)

Forever living to inappropriately touch the mentalities of armchair internet gaming analysts and worthless console war fanboys... Let their sad stories burn eternally within my inbox furnace of hell ;)

Wii U & Steam Box DIGITAL 4 LYFE BABY!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

25. Posted:

KodaSmoss wrote:

Bankai wrote:

The length of time when it comes to product development means it was actually likely Iwata's predecessor that greenlighted both the DS and Wii products, actually.

I agree with what you said about Michael Patcher but I don't think Hiroshi Yamauchi greenlighted Wii and DS. Satoru Iwata became CEO in 2002 and the GameCube was barely launched. I don't think they had already started the Wii concept or at least decided it was the GameCube's successor. The DS was launched a little bit more than 2 and a half years later, so it is closer but still they were pushing new GBA's models at this time so it is quite unlikely than the DS concept was set as definitive.

To be fair, in second thought, you're probably closer to the truth than I am, but Nintendo's R & D department almost certainly would be taking motion controls and dual-screen design seriously at the time Iwata took over. Generally the seeds for the next console are there at the time that the current console first launched.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

finga

26. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Pachter works for one of the most lauded analyst firms in the world and you, mr random internet dude, just claimed he is corrupt and engaged in illegal activities with no evidence whatsoever.

If I was Pachter and I saw that post I would be getting my lawyers to email NintendoLife to demand your contact details, because I'm about to make an easy defamation lawsuit.

Iwata is the one responsible for bring the share price of Nintendo to $80, and the incredible success of both the DS and the WIi.

The length of time when it comes to product development means it was actually likely Iwata's predecessor that greenlighted both the DS and Wii products, actually.

Apple's only just moved past what most consider to be the product strategy that Jobs laid out, for instance.

This post of yours and nonsense regarding the Law, and libel laws in particular, only proves your ignorance on the subject. Of course you fail to see the millions of criticisms towards the Pachter idiot, and the fact that he still thinks WoW was a flop apparently.

Edited on by theblackdragon

finga

AuthorMessage
Avatar

finga

27. Posted:

KodaSmoss wrote:

Bankai wrote:

The length of time when it comes to product development means it was actually likely Iwata's predecessor that greenlighted both the DS and Wii products, actually.

I agree with what you said about Michael Patcher but I don't think Hiroshi Yamauchi greenlighted Wii and DS. Satoru Iwata became CEO in 2002 and the GameCube was barely launched. I don't think they had already started the Wii concept or at least decided it was the GameCube's successor. The DS was launched a little bit more than 2 and a half years later, so it is closer but still they were pushing new GBA's models at this time so it is quite unlikely than the DS concept was set as definitive.

It's worse than that. Not only is it preposterous to suggest that development for the Wii began around the Gamecube launch, placing the finger as to whether he came up with the idea, is a strawman claim. CEO's are not resonsible necessarily to come up with ideas. He presided over one of the greatest commercial success in videogames ever in history, seeds that Nintendo still reaps today having billions of dollars in cash, and being able to keep producing wonderful products. He was named as one of the top CEO's in 2007 because of this incredible commercial success that he presided over. Period.

Edited on by theblackdragon

finga

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

28. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Pachter works for one of the most lauded analyst firms in the world and you, mr random internet dude, just claimed he is corrupt and engaged in illegal activities with no evidence whatsoever.

If I was Pachter and I saw that post I would be getting my lawyers to email NintendoLife to demand your contact details, because I'm about to make an easy defamation lawsuit.

i like how you say this as if this guy is the first person in the history of ever to have claimed that Pachter is a fool and shouldn't be listened to for whatever reason(s), backed up by solid evidence or not. if he's about to go after this person on our humble forums, he'd better be going after every single other person making the same claims on other sites that discuss his crystal-ball predictions.

that said, guys — please don't get personal with your arguments. keep them focused on the main topic of this thread and not each other. Also, if all you're interested in doing is sharing an image macro, please move on. Thanks in advance! :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Amigaengine

29. Posted:

(If) Pachter was so great at his job he would have seen what Nintendo's stock was going to do prior to 2007/2008 and advised people to heavily invest .........but alas he did the polar opposite.

This cat (Pachter) is nothing more than a wish/washy oil speculator at best, who's dislike for Nintendo for whatever the reason poors out of him. You cannot honestly say with a straight face that Sony would make for a better investment when they have been selling a console at a loss for 6 years, selling off/releasing studios and or property (assets) for the past 6 months ?

Twitter: AmigaEngine

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

30. Posted:

Amigaengine wrote:

You cannot honestly say with a straight face that Sony would make for a better investment when they have been selling a console at a loss for 6 years, selling off/releasing studios and or property (assets) for the past 6 months ?

I don't recall him ever saying that. I thought he figured Microsoft was the better investment, which is very true right now.

EDIT: yup: http://www.neowin.net/news/analyst-michael-pachter-microsoft-...

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LeasTwanteD

31. Posted:

I agree. Michael Knight is an awesome and outstanding analyst.
Untitled

Edited on by LeasTwanteD

NSFW

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Amigaengine

32. Posted:

If it was not for MS windows application they would not even be mentioned.
Untitled

Why does MS continue to invest in the 360 division after 10 years of losing ?
http://www.neowin.net/news/report-microsofts-xbox-division-ha...

Boy Pachter can really pickem :)

Edited on by Amigaengine

Twitter: AmigaEngine

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

33. Posted:

You're looking at the total loses since the Xbox 1. That graph shows that it's been profitable for the past 5 years. If it can keep this up, they'll be in great shape for the next generation.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Amigaengine

34. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

You're looking at the total loses since the Xbox 1 you dimwit. That graph shows that profits have been on the up for the past 4 years. If it can keep this up, they'll be in great shape for the next generation.

I like name calling :) Why did you edit your post ?

Well if memory serves Xbox released in 2001 and this chart starts from 2003 ? So im going to assume that the original R&D costs for Xbox are not included in this graph. Regardless MS is faced with having to build another console that will sale at a loss for some period of time.

Edited on by Amigaengine

Twitter: AmigaEngine

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

35. Posted:

Amigaengine wrote:

Regardless MS is faced with having to build another console that will sale at a loss for some period of time.

You mean like every console developer since 1998? This is a common thing, and the Console manufacturers make up for it by making money off of licensing. Even if they do have to sell at a loss, it'll work out for them in the end, like it's been working out since 2008.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FOREST_RANGER

36. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Why would Pachter care what Nintendo fans think of him? They're not his customers. His customers are the people that would have been upset if he HAD advise them to invest in Nintendo.

And any CEO that allows his company to lose 80% of its value is difficult to defend as a competent CEO. Not all of it is Iwata's fault - Japan's economy blows. But by the same token there are Japanese companies that are performing well despite the Japanese economy, even in the games industry - GREE, for instance.

Nintendo fans need to learn that business is not personal. Pachter does not have a personal grudge against the company (although the behavior of the fans would make it hard not to grow to dislike the company, negative associations and all that), But when Pachter says Nintendo is a bad investment, that is just plain good logic.

There isn't really a reason why Mr, Pachter should care about Nintendo users since he's only interested (supposedly) in what's best for his clients. But I just wanted to reply on behalf of the unhappy party, is all. And since--like you said--it'd be very beneficial to everyone if the concerned party knew the reality that Mr. Pachter doesn't give a bum of what they think, I just wanted to introduce them. How I think of it: it's never too bad of an idea to gradually shift and guide people through change...or revelation....or the realities....or other things ^_^

But it may also be important to look at this situation in a bigger picture. It seems to me like not only is the unhappy party antagonizing Mr. Pachter, but they also seem to be unfairly critical towards other professionals like developers and business people who voice their opinion about Nintendo. In fact, I guess I wouldn't be surprised if some of them just don't like any unfavorable opinions toward the company, as silly as that may sound. I don't know if anything can really be done about this if this is true. Nevertheless, this is something I would like to have in consideration when I give replies in the forums.

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SethNintendo

37. Posted:

This week I'm calling out Pachter. He is a crap analyst and has no clue how the video game industry works. He represents everything that is wrong with the industry. I would put this fool to shame if I ever had a 1 on 1 with him. Keep sucking Microsoft's teat Pachter because we all know you suck. This guy would have been fired from almost any job. He might as well be apart of the US Congress because his approval ratings are on par with them. Screw you Pachter and I hope you eat your own poopy words.

Edited on by theblackdragon

I am Seth and I am Nintendo. Thus I am SethNintendo.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SethNintendo

38. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Amigaengine wrote:

Regardless MS is faced with having to build another console that will sale at a loss for some period of time.

You mean like every console developer since 1998? This is a common thing, and the Console manufacturers make up for it by making money off of licensing. Even if they do have to sell at a loss, it'll work out for them in the end, like it's been working out since 2008.

BS. Nintendo makes profit off their consoles. The Wii U was the most recent Nintendo console sold at a loss (along with the 3DS for a minor part after the price cut which it is now probably making profit each system sold) which equates to about ~40-60 dollars loss per system sold. The Wii made profit since day 1.

Edited on by SethNintendo

I am Seth and I am Nintendo. Thus I am SethNintendo.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Maskeraid

39. Posted:

When I read the thread title, I thought this was a thread about Michael Jackson. :P

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RoryLee

40. Posted:

I always enjoy hearing what Pachter has to say. But I don't agree with his comment about Iwata being a bad CEO. Anybody who is willing take a big pay cut just to save people from losing their jobs, that sounds like a wonderful human being and someone to look up to.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351