Forums

Topic: That Michael Pachter Thread

Posts 61 to 70 of 70

Bankai

Geonjaha wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Nintendo has built up a fanatically loyal userbase and they will buy almost anything Nintendo produces.

Yes, but that is equally as true for Sony/Microsoft/Apple and any others you'd care to name. It's a fairly unnecessary direct statement.

Nope, It's a necessary statement to make. From memory Pachter made those comments before the Wii U was released. He was likely, in his own poorly articulated way, explaining how the initial hype behind the Wii U (where it sold out of preorders and was a "hotter gift than Apple" for Christmas) was not a guarantee that the console itself has great market viability.

And what do you know, he was right. Despite all those preorders and the pre-release hype, the console is selling dismally.

Why? Because the Nintendo fans are not such a large group to guarantee commercial success for a product.

Kyloctopus

@Bankai You'd be surprised just how many consumers aren't complete fans of a company, and put their time of interest in something else, like Farmville, or Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
Apple and Nintendo have been so successful with the Wii and iPhone because its completely simple to understand, and found it a unique way to make your life better, and I have over 30 Million Wii Fit Sales as evidence.
After Kinect, Xbox's was quickly becoming massively popular, with the help of Microsoft's mature games adolescence rejoice about.
The problem with the Wii U might be that its unsure of its target audience at the moment, or its trying too little to target everybody. Fanbase is more of an afterthought after the company has reached success for their console.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

rmqkr

Wii U is doing just fine. With the 3DS they (including the total idiot Pachter) buried it much deeper. And suddenly you see articles saying how there were 10000's of 3DS's at PAX and not a single VITA. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2417003,00.asp Most media is trying to paint a picture of how phenomenal 3DS is and ignoring their past predictions. If you back they had the same dire predictions about the Wii, how it was terrible idea after the gamecube, and it will fail. And yes, Pacther was then too. Wrong as always. Pachter at some point said World of Warcraft will be a disaster without any users. ROTFL.

So the Wii U too will do just fine. After E3, expect a load of games from Nintendo. They will shift focus from 3DS to Wii U. It took them a while to make a perfection like Luigi's Mansion 2 which is selling great now, and it will take them a while to bring the new Marios Zeldas etc to the Wii U which will make it fly. And yes, it might be another Wii Fit U or something else which does it. I am not worried.

rmqkr

rmqkr

[quote=rayword45]

Bankai wrote:

I suspect, however, if you really were about to throw a million at the stock market, you might take what Pachter and others say a little more serioisly.

No. Most investors know that analysts are hacks and do not listen to them. Especially ones with such poor records like Pacther. They have no value. You can find two differing opinions on every stock. Real investors make their own judgments. And yes , I invest a lot. Also in Nintendo.

rmqkr

LzWinky

[quote=Bankai]

rmqkr wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

I suspect, however, if you really were about to throw a million at the stock market, you might take what Pachter and others say a little more serioisly.

No. Most investors know that analysts are hacks and do not listen to them. Especially ones with such poor records like Pacther. They have no value. You can find two differing opinions on every stock. Real investors make their own judgments. And yes , I invest a lot. Also in Nintendo.

Then I suppose you can explain why Nintendo stocks went down as Pachter was advising against buying those stocks?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

rmqkr wrote:

Wii U is doing just fine. With the 3DS they (including the total idiot Pachter) buried it much deeper. And suddenly you see articles saying how there were 10000's of 3DS's at PAX and not a single VITA. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2417003,00.asp Most media is trying to paint a picture of how phenomenal 3DS is and ignoring their past predictions. If you back they had the same dire predictions about the Wii, how it was terrible idea after the gamecube, and it will fail. And yes, Pacther was then too. Wrong as always. Pachter at some point said World of Warcraft will be a disaster without any users. ROTFL.

So the Wii U too will do just fine. After E3, expect a load of games from Nintendo. They will shift focus from 3DS to Wii U. It took them a while to make a perfection like Luigi's Mansion 2 which is selling great now, and it will take them a while to bring the new Marios Zeldas etc to the Wii U which will make it fly. And yes, it might be another Wii Fit U or something else which does it. I am not worried.

Pachter also said the 3DS would sell well after its launch. Guess he was wrong about that too!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

edhe

Here is a picture of Michael Pachter.

Untitled

[GDC/Kotaku]

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Kyloctopus

Michael Pachter is now saying we should stick forks in the Wii U, if it has no third party support by the end of the festive season.

There are about 30 million Nintendo fans who will buy the console. Unfortunately 90% of them will be unhappy about missing out on 3rd parties such as FIFA or Call of Duty if the platform isn't supported after the holidays. They will get a 2nd console as a result of that. In order for Nintendo to sell more than those 30 million fans they need 3rd party support. Otherwise stick a fork in them.

Show all your rage and a piece of your mind below. We'll also accept any comments agreeing with Pachter. But I warn you, you will get backlash from it (not by me of course).

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

MAB

OK you can put the pachter thread away now. It was mainly used for silly memes and gifs but it got old fast... Demon be gone

Untitled

MAB

Kyloctopus

This thread was not for memes (but all memes are welcomed). This thread was to wrap all the other Pachter threads in one place. That way, we reduce the number of needed threads down.

Kyloctopus

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.