General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 921 to 940 of 1,576

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

921. Posted:

Finishing Mega Man & Bass made me feel like funkin' He-man, that game was a total beast!
Mega Man 10 i'd say is the 2nd toughest in the franchise, some of the stage design and robot masters(Nitro 'especially, Solar, Strike and Blade) were totaly irritating! At first, it all felt like too much since MM9 felt a lot more well rounded, but 10 took it up a notch and layed down the inafune smack down! B-)

Note to self. Need to read my copy of Mega Man Vol-1. The art work looks amazing. :D

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Hokori

922. Posted:

I just really started playing mega man games... I usually suck at them but I just beat 3/8 bosses in MM2. Heat, bubble, and air man
I have MMZero Collection, MM, MM2, MM3, MM9, and MM10. Zero collection is hard

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

923. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Finishing Mega Man & Bass made me feel like funkin' He-man, that game was a total beast!
Mega Man 10 i'd say is the 2nd toughest in the franchise, some of the stage design and robot masters(Nitro 'especially, Solar, Strike and Blade) were totaly irritating! At first, it all felt like too much since MM9 felt a lot more well rounded, but 10 took it up a notch and layed down the inafune smack down! B-)

Note to self. Need to read my copy of Mega Man Vol-1. The art work looks amazing. :D

I thought you disliked 10, because it was "depressing" and took itself too seriously?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

924. Posted:

yeah, I know, Megaman 10 more like Megaman VII, emo Cloud m i rite?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

925. Posted:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

I just really started playing mega man games... I usually suck at them but I just beat 3/8 bosses in MM2. Heat, bubble, and air man

Kudos on beating airman without woodman's power.that one is said to be the hardest of the game.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage

Hokori

926. Posted:

MikeDanger1 wrote:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

[/div]

Kudos on beating airman without woodman's power.that one is said to be the hardest of the game.

Wow thanks I didn't even know that and I'm even playing on Hard :o

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

927. Posted:

MikeDanger1 wrote:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

[/div]

Wow I never have used the leaf shield against Airman. I just use the Megabuster. Honestly I dont understand why everyone says the older Megaman games are so hard.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

928. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Wow I never have used the leaf shield against Airman. I just use the Megabuster. Honestly I dont understand why everyone says the older Megaman games are so hard.

I both understand and don't. I don't becase some parts of these games are still pretty difficult by any standards. On the other hand, for the most part they are a walk in the park compared to Castlevanias or Blaster Master or Ninja Gaiden or Battletoads or those NES games I had that sucked (aka 1/3 of the 40+ games I had).

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

929. Posted:

So doing my Megaman 1-10 run. I'm already up to #6 and I just received #8 in the mail. Honestly I can see why people criticize this series as not changing much during the years, but the 90s were the new age era where everything needed to be different and new and 3D graphics, and now were in the Retro reviving era and now we all love the classic megaman games and actually want more.

Although it's getting a little repetitive... i'm still having fun. Didn't know #4 was the most hated one in the bunch. Up till now #6 is the one i'm least liking. #7 & #8 don't look sexy at all. I'm gonna be playing Megaman & Bass also BTW. After #7 I think. :)

@Tasuki: I always found #3 to be the hardest. But i've beaten every Megaman game i've played, that's more than I can say for Contra & others lol

Edited on by MikeDanger

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern

AuthorMessage

Megajack

930. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Linkuya wrote:

If I like Mega Man X more than Mega Man, does that make me a bad person?

[/div]

Maybe. Lol, no it doesn't. Megaman X is seriously fun. I prefer classic Megaman but X is really fun too.

Yes. >:( It does! Megaman X sucks compared to classic Megaman. >.>

@Emaan Megaman 9 is hard. I love Megaman and have beaten some in the classic series before and still found 9 hard. The level design and enemy attack patterns are all fair though so it's not like it's impossible. The music is so amazing too you'll probably be able to put up with the difficulty. Don't know about Megaman 10.

Applejack is best pony.

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

AuthorMessage

Megajack

931. Posted:

MegamanX is okay... But definatly not as great as the classic Megaman games. Those ones are better IMO because the simplexity of it. Also I prefer NES over SNES but thats just me.

Applejack is best pony.

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

932. Posted:

I've only got 16 robot masters left to go in my no damage runs! (link below, so check them out!)

I agree that the games aren't as hard as their reputations suggest, but putting restrictions on it (like no damage runs, perfect runs, kirby runs) really shows both how cleverly these games were designed, and how surprisingly versatile they are. Truly one of my favorite series period.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

933. Posted:

Classicgamer wrote:

MegamanX is okay... But definatly not as great as the classic Megaman games.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.

Rolls up sleeves and removes gloves

Nah, I respect your opinion man, but Megaman X was my first game ever, and is still my favorite to this day. A statement like that makes my blood want to boil, but I know it's just your opinion. :)

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

934. Posted:

Megaman X is arguably one of the best games of all time. Easily.

@Philip Kirby run? How does that work? Completely agree with you on the level designs of Megaman games. They're brilliant and ingenious most of the time. Main reason I love the series. Can't wait for new entries in your No hit run vids.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

935. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Megaman X is arguably one of the best games of all time. Easily.

@Philip Kirby run? How does that work? Completely agree with you on the level designs of Megaman games. They're brilliant and ingenious most of the time. Main reason I love the series. Can't wait for new entries in your No hit run vids.

[/div]

A Kirby Run (and I may do one at some point!) means you play one level buster only. (You can also do no damage for added fun.) Then whatever weapon you get from that level, you use that ALL through whatever level you do next. If you run out of ammo, oh well, you can't switch. Then whatever weapon you got from the second level, you use ALL through the third. And you keep that pattern up all through the game.

There are a bunch on youtube. Check out Hideofbeast's MM7 Kirby run for some seriously amazing skill.

Edited on by Philip_J_Reed

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

936. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

[/div]

I thought you disliked 10, because it was "depressing" and took itself too seriously?

[/div]

I do dislike 10, easily one of my least favorites in the
franchise with 8 taking the number 1 spot. Ignore that smily/shades emoticon. :p
10 at the core, has fantastic stage design, but it's layered with that 'taking itself too seriously' and gloomy dark-ish
depressing 'Robots are infected with a serious virus' tone that just doesn't sit right with me, and i wasn't a big fan of the soundtrack either...Especially after 9's, which blew it out of the park and hit all the right notes. B-)

@MikeDanger

considering Mega Man 1-6 are all very simular to each other in the way those games play you must be getting gradually burnt out with every sequal you pop in which may be altering your perspective on every sequal that you play when really you may have enjoyed that particular sequal more if you spaced it out with other different games thrown into the mix. I'd be completely mega man'd out if i were doing what you're doing. :p
I still think 2, 9 and 1 are the cream of the Cut man crop, but as for 3 & 4, i'd almost tie the two....
What's your favorite of the 6 so far? And i don't think 4 is the worst of the 6, i'd say 5 probably is by a smidge. And i don't think 3 is as great as everybody
makes out to be either. Wasn't a huge fan of it's score, stage themes or most of the robot masters. 5 was just B-L-A-N-D, almost as if somebody else took over the franchise and rushed it through the gates of Gaiden Goomba's. :p

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

937. Posted:

Yeah with #6 I was feeling sort of burned out already,but i'm doing #7 now.

For some reason, some people say #5 sucked, I liked 5's Wily Stage Bosses and despite hate from some fans I found Charge Man's stage to be my favorite of the game.

I still haven't played Mega man & Bass, 8 9 or 10 but I do have them. I'm doing the 1-10 run because I haven't played a Megaman game before, because as a kid I found them too hard, as a teenager I found them too kiddy...But then I tried Wily's revenge on the 3ds VC and loved it! And made me want to play more.

I'm gonna say my favorite one ti'll now has been #2. The one I least liked is #6.
2,5,4,1,3,6 in that order from my favorite to the least. #3 was fun but I didn't bond with any of the bosses and it was too cheap hard at times.

#5 felt rushed I admit that, but it felt cheesy and fun for me, like a Power Rangers episode, you know, so bad it's good! And the Wily bosses like the one that you have to shoot for the body to move the platforms so you can shoot the head, was fun for me. And then beat Wily with Beat at the end genious.

My favorite theme is Magnet Man's stage theme and Wily's Stage theme for Mega man 2, for now.

Yep there's my story :P

AuthorMessage

GamerGirlAshley

938. Posted:

I love Megaman! Mostly Battle Network and Starforce. i did enjoy Megaman 64 (Legends)

GamerGirlAshley

AuthorMessage

Dezner

939. Posted:

Sooo.....new iOS game announcement. Not quite what I was hoping for with the anniversary, but at least it's something instead of nothing. :(

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

940. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

Sooo.....new iOS game announcement. Not quite what I was hoping for with the anniversary, but at least it's something instead of nothing. :(

:(
Well....at least it's a cross over.
Untitled
This can't be the 25th anniversary game. D: ...I hope it isn't free to play and paid threw ads/items stuff.

My Colors! 3D Gallery