General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 901 to 920 of 1,563

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

901. Posted:

Any good game to start with in this series particular? I've only played a trail of 9 and didn't really like it too much. For one, why can't I shoot up when there are birds carrying deadly rocks flying past constantly? And everytime I got to jump over a small pit, something knocks me back into it to die. Tried to cross the first two holes 5 times and died everytime.
Makes me feel like I suck I guess at these games.
i've played many many platformers and do just fine, but somethign about this just kills me.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

Karakato

902. Posted:

You are referring to the classic Megaman games right? Well, since I see you don't find Megaman 9 that good, I think its best that you either rub those elbow grease and give it another go, Try out Megaman 2 on easy mode, or look for another game. Megaman 9 is the best of all the eleven games in the classic series and if you didn't like it because it was hard, I suggest you move on as The Classic Megaman games are quite as hard. Quite a shame really, though I also suggest you try out Megaman X on the VC or Megaman ZX on the DS. Both those games are more lax compared to the Classic megaman games, and I think they are a bit more tied into exploration as compared to Hard core run'n gun.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

903. Posted:

Karakato wrote:

You are referring to the classic Megaman games right? Well, since I see you don't find Megaman 9 that good, I think its best that you either rub those elbow grease and give it another go, Try out Megaman 2 on easy mode, or look for another game. Megaman 9 is the best of all the eleven games in the classic series and if you didn't like it because it was hard, I suggest you move on as The Classic Megaman games are quite as hard. Quite a shame really, though I also suggest you try out Megaman X on the VC or Megaman ZX on the DS. Both those games are more lax compared to the Classic megaman games, and I think they are a bit more tied into exploration as compared to Hard core run'n gun.

Maybe I just need to try again. Take my time and get used to it. Seems like it can be a good game. I just really wish I could shoot up (which from what I see now online it looks like a lot of people with that :p).

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

904. Posted:

Well I just beat X3 last week and i'm already halfway through X4. While X3 is the worst of the SNES titles, I did enjoy it quite a bit. The music wasn't amazing but not as horrible as people make it seem as I enjoy Toxic Seahorse and Crush Crawfish's music quite a bit. My first impression of X4 is that it feels different from the previous games, but not in a bad way.

Edited on by CapnPancakes

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

905. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

This is just plain excellent.

[/div]

Never played 10. So when I was looking for it's music on YouTube to see if I'd enjoy it I looked up sheepman first, because of how weird and dumb of a robot master he seemed. I was blown away by his actual theme.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Karakato

906. Posted:

@iPancakez MMX4 is arguably the second best title in the X series. I played it on the PS2 and it really felt like the next step for a MMX title as opposed to X 2&3 which felt a little more of the same(Still liked them though) If I had to nitpick though, alot of the music tracks could have been better and the added VA sounded mildly annoying such as X sounding like a teen girl.

Currently, I'm playing through Megaman ZX. Yes, I do find the exploration elements to be confusing as the game never really gives you a detailed map or some directions to which area you must go... but I think the concept of an open world 2d game would have worked out well if done right. I never really found this to be better than the Zero games but on its own, it was still an above average run n gun platformer plus, I loved that you could transform into the guardians of the Zero games. The sequel though was a bit of a mess in many aspects looking back.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

907. Posted:

Would Mega Man X5 be worth playing through twice, once as X, once as Zero, like in X4?

The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.

AuthorMessage

Dezner

908. Posted:

CapnPancakez wrote:

Would Mega Man X5 be worth playing through twice, once as X, once as Zero, like in X4?

Oh yeah, definitely. In fact, the way X5's story goes you almost need to play again to get a different...outcome so to speak. :D

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

909. Posted:

@Denzer
Yeah it would really suck to skip right to the final stages with the whole cannon thing the first time around. I'll probably end up doing two playthroughs even though my understanding of the game seems to be that you get the weapon from a boss for both characters and Zero can get the X upgrades.

The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

910. Posted:

I'm a classic Megaman dude for now. I'm doing this sort of dare to beat all 10 Classic Megaman games. Already up to #3, #1 was ok thanks to the elecman glitch, but #2 kicked my butt with the Buebomber Ray things. Already playing #3, taking a break because Magnetman kicked my ass all over the stage, had to fight him like 20 times, then I found out I can slide.... made the battle easier but still was hard. Wrote the password down to keep on playing tomorrow. The dare (or bet) is o finish all 10 in a week, already in my 3rd day....

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

911. Posted:

Yeah Magnetman can be tough if you dont use the slide. For me I usually start with Topman, but thats just me. For some reason alot of people start of with Magnetman but I find that if I take him on later on hes not that bad.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

912. Posted:

Bah, Shadow man is the king of butt kicking in MM3, i like to think of them as the 'Robot Master in charge' Followed by Gemeni. Hard's pretty difficult as well! I was playing bits of MM3 and MM4 a couple of days ago and I'm still not sure which one i favor over the other. I think MM3 has some great robot master battles, but i think it's a little on the bland side overall with the color variation(Hard and Needle man's stages come to mind) within the levels and somewhat dissapointing with the actual robot masters themselves.....Snake's definitly the stand out though! 4 however feels more in tune with MM2 and brings back the more fun light hearted approach to the Bosses and overall is a much more colorful and vibrant cartoonier experience, rather than the darker toned' serious 'trying to be bad ass' approach with MM3.

I remember inafune mentioning that he wasn't satisfyed with MM3 and that the 'Dr.Wily return stages' were incomplete. he wanted to do more with it, but in the end he was rushed. It's not exactly one of his favorites of the franchise. yet he praises MM4 however, and personally feels that it's one of the best in franchise. I'm starting to see that now too. But Dr. Cossack and Wily's Stages are a real snore, but at least they're not as bad as MM2's wily castle 'aside' from the amazing Boss battles...The stages themselves were dreary barren ugly little nasty snoor inducing frustrating mega poop. MM1 had the best imo.

2, 9 and 1 are still the cream of the Crash man crop for me. B-)
I still feel that 5 is the most un-mega man like...It feels very...what's the word? "empty"? it doesn't have the polish, stage design, challenge, music or creativity of the previous entries in the franchise and comes off rather bland as i've mentioned too many California raisins to count. :p

As for MMX5, never liked that one....It got too SCFI-serious and too anime for my tastes, not to mention it was very very frustrating. Duff Mc'Whalin. nuff said.
X4 wasn't too shabby though!

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
NES FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Dezner

913. Posted:

w00t, just put my order in for the Archie TPB for Mega Man Vol. 3! :o

Also, I read issue #15 last night, and almost teared up a little with the flashback involving Tempo and Dr. Lalinde. :( Man I really hope they become recurring characters foreverrrr! :o

I also finally got around to buying MMX2 on the Wii VC last night, and kind of disappointed that I didn't buy it on day one like all the others. I'm so rusty and was playing like crap, even WIRE SPONGE killed me twice. xD Oh well, nostalgia is always fun. I was trying to get the buster upgrade with only the Strike Chain and I'm not 100% sure if it's possible... hmmm... >_>

Edited on by Dezner

Uguu!

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

914. Posted:

I actually started with Sparkman on MM3, I had to! I needed to kill Magnetman early on. He wasn't as hard as some make him seem.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

915. Posted:

MikeDanger1 wrote:

I actually started with Sparkman on MM3

Oooh Sparkman. One of if not my favorite theme in a Megaman game.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Dezner

916. Posted:

Nostalgia Update: Ah-HAH, yes you can get the buster upgrade in MMX2 with the Strike Chain. Took a while, though! :p

Uguu!

AuthorMessage

Emaan

917. Posted:

I've been considering getting Mega Man 9 + 10 on PSN eventually. My question is, would they be too difficult for me? I'm pretty experienced with platformers, having played nearly every Mario game, but I'm not sure if this would be too hard to finish. I'd hate to get them and never beat them because of the difficulty. Any opinions?

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Linkuya

918. Posted:

If I like Mega Man X more than Mega Man, does that make me a bad person?

3DS Friend Code: 1246-8915-8524
Favourite game series: Mario, Zelda, Metal Gear Solid
Nintendo is number one, Sony is number two.
(There is no number three)

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

919. Posted:

Linkuya wrote:

If I like Mega Man X more than Mega Man, does that make me a bad person?

Maybe. Lol, no it doesn't. Megaman X is seriously fun. I prefer classic Megaman but X is really fun too.

@Emaan Megaman 9 is hard. I love Megaman and have beaten some in the classic series before and still found 9 hard. The level design and enemy attack patterns are all fair though so it's not like it's impossible. The music is so amazing too you'll probably be able to put up with the difficulty. Don't know about Megaman 10.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

920. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

I've been considering getting Mega Man 9 + 10 on PSN eventually. My question is, would they be too difficult for me? I'm pretty experienced with platformers, having played nearly every Mario game, but I'm not sure if this would be too hard to finish. I'd hate to get them and never beat them because of the difficulty. Any opinions?

Mega man is like Mario for MEN!!!!!!!!

But get them,they're a ton of fun, but yes they're hard and frustrating but in a good way. When you finish them you'll feel more accomplished than beating Super Mario Land 3D.