Forums

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Posts 881 to 900 of 1,455

Mieu-Fire

HarmoKnight wrote:

I need to beat at least on MM game before wiiU comes out, I'm closest in 2 ATM with only two bosses left

play megaman legends i love that game but some people dont i know why they dont cause its not 2D but i loved it cause it was 3D

MANGO

kkslider5552000

mieu-fire wrote:

play megaman legends i love that game but some people dont i know why they dont cause its not 2D but i loved it cause it was 3D

People's hatred of Megaman Legends is pretty stupid as far as I'm concerned. Unless it's the controls, which I can kinda understand since it's somewhat tank-like and only really works well for the boss battles. I mean, most people don't hate the game as much as just think it's ok, but they're still wrong so whatever. But I've heard people say they prefer the Battle Network games just because it has the old NES characters, which is really stupid and nostalgia "fans" at their worst.

Honestly, Megaman Legends, along with Beyond Good and Evil and Okami, are proof to me that more people need to make games that are like 3D Zeldas. The world would be a better place if more people made 3D Zelda ripoffs (I don't even wanna say ripoffs, since they are honestly better than like 2/3 of the Zelda games).

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Honestly, Megaman Legends, along with Beyond Good and Evil and Okami, are proof to me that more people need to make games that are like 3D Zeldas. The world would be a better place if more people made 3D Zelda ripoffs (I don't even wanna say ripoffs, since they are honestly better than like 2/3 of the Zelda games).

I'm surprised more people haven't capitalized on the lack of 2D Zeldas and made more top down adventures. Really, we need more Zelda-likes in general. I may be tired of the series, but I'm definitely not tired of the genre.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

Mickeymac wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm surprised more people haven't capitalized on the lack of 2D Zeldas and made more top down adventures. Really, we need more Zelda-likes in general. I may be tired of the series, but I'm definitely not tired of the genre.

As am I. I've heard um...er...what's that PS3 game called...googles ...oh yes, 3D Dot Game Heroes is one. There's also Binding of Isaac I guess, horrible amounts of failed humor and not clever aside.

KarrotMan

Played through Megaman 5 again recently, and while I stand by my point about it being the low points in the NES series (but seriously, all 6 of them were great games on their own right), I really found myself appreciating all those assets I overlooked when I first played it. The spritework, and even most of the level design were ace. You had unique stages such as Gravity man's where the central theme focuses around shifting gravity or Wave man where the latter half of the stage has you plowing through enemies with a battle jet ski. I really feel silly for dismissing this game, maybe because the weapons weren't overpowered or maybe because I was zoned out of the Nes games after playing 4 of the in one sitting.

Loved the Dark man Stages though, I even find this to be one of the best fortress stages in the series excluding 9 and 10 which I have yet to tackle.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

ThePirateCaptain

Well i'm finally on the last game of the X series for me anyways in MMX6! I did beat X5 right before and yeah, I found it pretty good, maybe slightly lower than X4 though. But onto the most hated game in the series! After playing through all but Blaze Heatnix's stage so far I can honestly say that X6 is the most frusturating X game by a good bit. The Nightmare system is annoying as heck sometimes and really messes up the order of the stages for me. Rescuing the Reploids sucks only because they are gone FOREVER when they die and they take whatever parts they have to their grave. Metal Shark Player's level is the perfect example of the bad placement of the Nigtmares as well as you just sit and watch it kill a Reploid while the ceiling is down. Despite the quabbles I have and the alternate pathways, it's still Mega Man and i'm still enjoying it.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

kkslider5552000

I've never been able to get into any of the X games after 3. I've tried but I just never enjoyed them. They just seemed twice as frustrating with half of the fun.

CanisWolfred

Mega Man X4 is the easiest Mega Man game after MM5, IMO. I think only the sub-bosses ever gave me a lot of trouble, and there are only 4 of those. Last time I played it was when I was out of practice with the series, too, and I still didn't think it was that hard.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Mr_Trill_281

old school mega man will always be best...

"Its All About Those 2x Houston Rockets, 5x Dallas Cowboys, 1x Houston Astros, Texas A&M Aggies".

Mieu-Fire

megaman zero series is super awsome zero is my faovrite character

MANGO

Mieu-Fire

i love orignal megaman series
i love megman x series(i love zero)
i love megman zero series
i love megaman & bass
i love megman x command misssion
i love megaman legends
megman star force was decent
megaman battle network was just horrible in my opinion some of you might of liked it
megaman ZX i love that to

Edited on by Mieu-Fire

MANGO

CanisWolfred

The Starforce ones always looked really lame to me. Just makes him look like a toy. The Battle Network designs aren't much better, either. Most of the X games have good designs, though, but my favorite is from Mega Man ZX:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/334/d/5/megaman_zx_bio...

Followed closely be the Zero series, of course. They're always beautiful, and Copy X is especially impressive.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Sorry, this topic has been locked.