General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 841 to 860 of 1,576

AuthorMessage

Cyb3Rnite

841. Posted:

Ah, MMX... I got the PSP version, brings back tons of memories. My fave was probably X5/X6/X8

Scrafty wrote:

My favorite game of the original series is MM4, but I think I'm the only person here who LOVES the Battle Network series.

Are you kidding? BN was AWESOME!

Edited on by Cyb3Rnite

Dreaming, forever longing, that someday Nintendo would make a MOBA-type game.

Currently playing: League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm, Super Smash Bros. Kerfuffle (3DS), Mass Effect 3
Things I probably should be making progress on: Rune Factory 4, Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Gods Eater Burst

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0880-9460 | Nintendo Network ID: Cyb3Rnite

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

842. Posted:

Am I the only one to think that the only positive things to come out of MM8 were the stage select and FrostMan themes?

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Dezner

843. Posted:

Duo was pretty cool, too! :o

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

Karakato

844. Posted:

Nah, it was a fun game if you are willing to put up with the ear biting sound clips and VA and establish that there is no similarity between the nes games. Yes it is one of the lows in the Classic series, but it is a fun action platformer in its own right. Also, Tenguman was the best to come out of MM8(both theme and character).

Now, that the Robot master guide has recently been brought to stores, I think it would be appropriate to share our fave and hated robot masters from the Classic series:

Top 5:

• Metalman (MM2) Loved the ninja/sawblade design and his weapon was pretty fun to use even if it did lessen the challenge. He may be killed in one hit, but I thought he did put up more of a challenge compared to half the other bosses.
  • Tornadoman (MM9) It was awesome that he was modeled after Harpuia from the Zero/ZX games and I'd have to say that his theme was the best in the game imo. Even if his weapon runs on short ammo, It was still a cool looking screen clearer.
  • Tenguman (MM8) Say what you want, but I thought his demon inspired design and his poses were just BA. His weapon is pretty useful also.
  • Burnerman (MM&B) My personal fire based Classic boss just because he acts like a phsyco arsonist. Fighting against him without the Ice wall was one of the hardest battles in the series as Megaman and it felt good beating him.
  • Gravityman (MM5) Personally, I'm creeped out by all the noseless Robot masters out there, but out of all the bosses in MM5, his was the most useful out of the bunch plus you got to love playing through his stage.

Worst 5:

• Aquaman (MM8) "I'm Aquaman, but you can call me handsome M'kay?" Need I say more?
  • Plantman (MM6) And I thought one plant based robot with a shield weapon was enough... Never dug his design and his attack pattern was simpler than Woodman's.
  • Clownman (MM8) Okay, I really hated this guy but I don't really know why. Maybe its because he's a clown or has one of the worst themes in the series... Either way, I will never look forward to battling him again.
  • Oilman (MMPU) Horrible weapon and horrible design(And I'm not talking about his racial slur)
  • Toadman (MM4) THE worst AI as far as the classic series goes. It really is sad when all you can do is dance when your enemy is shooting you. His weapon was great though.

Edited on by Karakato

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

845. Posted:

I like MM8. The little surfboard thing at the beginning of the Wily castle is annoying, but I enjoyed the game. I like keeping the little exploding soccer ball weapon equipped and kicking it into things.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

846. Posted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mega-Man-Ultra-Nintendo-NES-/19067258...

What's going on with this thing?

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

847. Posted:

iPancakez wrote:

Am I the only one to think that the only positive things to come out of MM8 were the stage select and FrostMan themes?

Don't forget Astro man's iconic Barber Tranny voice. :p
If Mega Man 8 had an entirely new soundtrack that actually sounded like previous MM outings instead of the Japaense Elevator K-mart techno tunes, ditched the Robot voice overs all together(Maybe keep Astro's since he sounds so hilarious, along with Dr. Light haha), got rid of those dark & dismal depressing Anime cut scenes and stripped away Mega man's in game "Power Shot!" voice over I'd be singing a different tune that's for sure! Because at the core Mega Man 8 still plays pretty good. It's been a while since I've played it, but i wouldn't mind picking it up someday to slay and goolay' if you catch my Donatello drift. B-)

Anyways! As it is, the soundtrack totaly derails me everytime i play MM8....It's too anime, and leaves me feeling cold. :p

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Dezner

848. Posted:

Awesome! Mega Man Issue #17 covers revealed! :D

http://www.themmnetwork.com/2012/05/19/covers-and-solicitatio...

Definitely glad they're taking their time with this and not trying to shove it into a 4-issue Mega Man 3 arc. :o

Uguu!

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

849. Posted:

Dude, how are these comics btw? I'm semi interested in picking a couple up. B-)
I've heard That Pharoa Man is one of the main 'boss baddies', which i find intersting considering he was never exactly popular or a fan favorite.
Than again, i must be getting him confused with Dust man. lol

But then again, knowing me I'd completely lose interest regardless if it's dear old Mega :p Comic books just aren't my thing anymore.
I checked out a dozen or so pages Online to see what all of the MM fuss was all about and it definitly seems solid for what it is, but eh..

Edited on by WaveWarlock

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Dezner

850. Posted:

Freaking awesome is what they are! :o If you don't mind spoilers for issue #13, there's an excellen...

I've bought every comic, every variant cover, and both graphic novels and I love it! At the very least, get the graphic novels since you can grab them for less than $10 each! :D

Uguu!

AuthorMessage

ShadowVector

851. Posted:

I like Mega Man X 1-3, Megaman 8 and, strangely enough, Mega Man Network Transmission for GameCube (especially the music! :))

Check out my artworks and follow me on my deviantART account

The statement below is false
The statement above is true

When you're not looking at this signature it's in a different language

AuthorMessage

Dezner

852. Posted:

Nothing wrong with Network Transmission! It's....different...but still a good game! :o

Uguu!

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

853. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

Freaking awesome is what they are! :o If you don't mind spoilers for issue #13, there's an excellen...

I've bought every comic, every variant cover, and both graphic novels and I love it! At the very least, get the graphic novels since you can grab them for less than $10 each! :D

Looky what i just bought. :D
Untitled
DeznerDudester you and Nintendo Power's epic and extremely interesting MM comic Book article have convinced me! :p The graphic novel consists of Issue 1-4. So aside from not getting the seperate comic books themselves which all have their own cover Art, is everything else identicle?
This shall go nicely with my Pre-E3 presents I picked up for myself haha. A 2nd Aqua Blue 3DS, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Steel Diver, Legend of Zelda the complete animated series, The Evil Dead(totaly non-gaming randomness, but awesome horror randomness nonethelessy! :p ) and now this.

Anyways! I can't wait for the inevitable battle between Mega and Bubble man I hope these comics capture the awesome spirit of the videogames. But I'm not too worried as i've heard nothing but high praise, can't wait to Dive-man in hehe.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

854. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

I like MM8. The little surfboard thing at the beginning of the Wily castle is annoying, but I enjoyed the game. I like keeping the little exploding soccer ball weapon equipped and kicking it into things.

Capcom should release a 3DSWare version of Mega Man 8, utilizing stereo scopic 3D and ditching the terrible sound track while replacing it with something actually sounds simular to Mega Man in the first place instead of the japanese K-mart tunes, plus getting rid of the in game voice overs and trashing the cut scenes would be the Shade man-icing on the Mega cake. :p

Ahh, who am i kidding, MM8 would be the last MM revamp people would want to see. It's a shame Inafune left Capcom, because we would of had a MM11 by now...In my dreams, Turantula man lol

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

855. Posted:

I should probably pick up the novel, too. It looks very awesome. I wonder if Darkstalkers will ever get a comic book? That game seems made for it, you know. Now that I think about it, why aren't they hyping up Sly 4 with another promo comic?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

856. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

Nothing wrong with Network Transmission! It's....different...but still a good game! :o

It's reliance or randomly distributed cards completely breaks the game for me...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

857. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

I should probably pick up the novel, too. It looks very awesome. I wonder if Darkstalkers will ever get a comic book? That game seems made for it, you know. Now that I think about it, why aren't they hyping up Sly 4 with another promo comic?

there was a darkstalkers miniseries from udon.

http://www.comicvine.com/darkstalkers/49-18562/

The writer of Megaman also writes the main sonic book and has been talking about a crossover,

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

858. Posted:

Wutwutwut?! heads straight to amazon

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Dezner

859. Posted:

Haha, awesome. The infamous Ruby Spears cartoon opening made into awesome 8-bits! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otEb2SA39Ms&feature=player...

Edited on by Dezner

Uguu!

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

860. Posted:

wow, am i glad i picked up up the MM Graphic Novel(Issues 1-4)! :D
I haven't read it yet, but i quickly skimmed through the booklet to check out what all the fuss is about and i've gotta say artistly it all looks pretty damn brilliant! This looks to be a giant love letter to the kids who grew up with Mega Man, i absolutely love how they incorpirated the robot masters stages and enemies into the mix! I'll be keeping up to date with the entire series from now on.....Hopefully it doesn't go 'X' :p